[Updated] Characters being drawn as a box

kam

2nd poster in this thread said they had an Nvidia card.

I can set AA to use application settings in Catalyst Control Centre, turn off AA within DCS and the boxes are still a solid green colour.

The only filter I can see within CCC is "Standard" or "Edge Detect", is this what you mean?

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

• ED Team
2nd poster in this thread said they had an Nvidia card.

I can set AA to use application settings in Catalyst Control Centre, turn off AA within DCS and the boxes are still a solid green colour.

The only filter I can see within CCC is "Standard" or "Edge Detect", is this what you mean?

yes, it has been a while since I had ATI, I am just trying to think outside the box as no solution has been found for you guys yet that I know of.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I won't have tried every combination but I have spent a lot of time going through the CCC options and trying different things. I've tried other things within CCC, such as the options for GPU upscaling on/off and Virtual Super Resolution on/off Here's a screen of what we have to play with on the CCC panel.

amd-ccc.thumb.jpg.f63e6fd18fb01d0ffeadce8e20ea131e.jpg

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

could this be a localization issue?

Which language is set as your windows default?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Similar to these?

Also is anyone else having an issue with the front windows of the Huey being opaque? Like this

Yes, that is what I'm getting - not to mention the round particles/textures themselves are also rendered with long orange/yellow transparent rectangles around if a plane fires tracer rounds.

The large water splash effects also have the same issue. I also just checked the Huey and I have the same problem you do on that screenshot. I think some textures on some planes are also rendered as white rectangles but since I can't see them I can't be more precise.

I didn't post it earlier as an nVidia user reported to have the issue but I also have an AMD GPU, a R290, to be precise. I'm also on an eyefinity setup but setting the game resolution to 1080p didn't seem to help. I'll try turning eyefinity off in the driver next.

I also tried two or three different driver revisions, just in case, with no success.

Turkish keyboard here, if that helps.

Edited by Chamot

After a few more attempts to change different options to find a cause I was not successful in pinning down a specific setting. However, I had this weird instance where the previously broken F-15 HUD, radar and RWR text and symbology and its cannon tracer shells were rendered correctly. Conversely, the other fonts like the frame rate/video card info and labels, and the smoke from the cannon still had the errors.

I went back to the menu, tried the other planes and the issues persisted with them. Then I flew the F-15 again and the HUD and avionics worked in it until after exiting the game, after which, even though I changed no settings anywhere, it was back to the buggy HUD/avionics text and symbology.

I tried to reproduce this 'unbug' with the F-15 and the others but have not been successful so far.

I had a dream one night after flying the A-10C for a while everything on the HUD and MFD's went back to normal :helpsmilie::joystick:

Absolutely nothing is off limits as to what I'll try in troubleshooting this if one of the developers suggests it, just fire away.

The modelviewer standaolne version 106539. Modelviewer included with 1.5.1 is the same.

Where could I find the Huey cockpit edm?

Edit: found it

modelviewer.thumb.jpg.a39ed15abc5f017f5517823ac2d025d7.jpg

Edited by kam

A terrible video but hopefully it gives you an idea of what's going on. This was using the modelviewer included with 1.5.1.

J6kycT_TSKs

Edited by kam

If something works in one version, and not in the other then why wouldn't it be a bug? I'm not saying it's an easy fix seeing as it affects so few of the open beta users. Like I said I'll try anything the ED team suggest.

This is the modelviewer included with 1.2.6 vs the one included with 1.5.1.

modelv.thumb.jpg.4e42ed5a4bde2f4ad740cf2eb175abe4.jpg

• ED Team

I am out of ideas and do not have a solution for you sorry.

If you have not already, have you considered a fresh install of windows?

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

ED are aware of it, I have asked for help from the devs. Still no solution yet.

Fresh install of windows and DCS works perfectly as expected.

Will keep installing software that's on my normal install to see if/when it breaks..

• ED Team
Fresh install of windows and DCS works perfectly as expected.

Will keep installing software that's on my normal install to see if/when it breaks..

Good to hear, would be nice to know what caused the issue, if you find out let us know.

Yeah, let us know how it goes. I tried a lot of things to find a workaround but had no success.

One thing I spotted in thamuff's and PSV_Tango's system logs was DisplayFusion, a program I also use. I have no idea how it would break transparency in certain textures (which I assume is the core issue, with the UH-1 cockpit, Hawk cockpit, smoke textures, tracers and some plane decals/labels broken as well as many fonts), and I actually tried the game with it uninstalled but it didn't help. But who knows, maybe it installs some system file and breaks some texture file format reading or something as a side effect.