Feel like 20-25 FPS at high FPS (100~120)

anlq

Maybe somebody face the same feeling as mine. I feel the game runs not smoothly although having really high FPS (All max setting) . I tried turning off shadow to Flat but no help.

My spec: i7-4790, 16Gb Ram, GTX 680 2Gb, Win 7 64bit, SSD.

Edited by anlq

Maybe somebody faces the same feeling as mine. I feel the game run not smoothly although having really high FPS (All max setting) . I tried turning off shadow to Flat but no help.

My spec: i7-4790, 16Gb Ram, GTX 680 2Gb, Win 7 64bit, SSD.

You're not the only one, I think a lot has to do with the GPU handling too much. Before in DCS the graphic rendering was handled by the CPU. Now it's handled by the GPU and unlike the CPU the GPU has 1 or so ghz where as a CPU has 3+ ghz. I think a multi GPU and CPU handling of bothe game performance and rendering will help a lot. But it also could be memory leaks, or just a poor handling of graphics api. But it's a beta so for now we just need to take the good for the bad and trust they will be resolved.

Just gather as much proof and post.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Try to hit Alt-Enter in game.

This forces DCS into fullscreen mode, instead of borderless window which it is running in now.

When I do that, the game becomes much smoother, and the sort of stutters disappear, even at lower FPS.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I am getting stable 60 fps with high settings and Depth of Field :off

But when i use the mouse to look around in cabin or external it keeps the FPS stable but is not smooth. Looks like an optimization issue. Does it make sense?

Already tried The fix above. Still the same.

GTx 780 | I7-3770 | Mobo P8h77-le | 16 gb | Windows 10

Edited by Swam-e

Turn VSync on through the driver, ingame doesn't work (VSync keeps your frames in sync with your monitors refreshrate), don't chase FPS.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

A temp fix is to lower as much to medium, turn off shadows, DOF keep the terrain textures to high, tree's to 1500, you can also lower the preload distance, lock your frames to a max setting lock ie. 60FPS max, no lens flares. in other words try to keep the plane and weapons systems looking round like in the real world. I was able to get 60FPS with MSAA at 8x and AA at 8X. that with crossfire enabled in the F-15C and close to 30FPS in the A-10C. I was getting better FPS in DCS 1.2.16 which makes no sense since it was out dated DirectX. Anyway I've been running changes to settings all day and that's the best I found. I hope that they fix these issues with FPS, Anti-Aliasing, FLIR FPS Drop, Memory Leaks, etc. soon.

Thanks,

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Ya turn on vsync I never understand why people run 120 some frames when they have a 60 hz display. Tearing without vsync is much more distracting than the barely perceived input lag from sync.

Not vsync, there is a setting in nvidia or catalyst where you can lock the FPS. Vsync eats FPS

Thanks,

Hardware:

All I can add to this, try Gsync or FreeSync and Stutter is a yesterday problem.

My fps are ( depending on airframe as well ) somewhere from 60-120 and mostly 80-100, never lower, never higher than 121, my monitor has 144Hz Gsynced and all fps areas are smooth as baby skin.

GPU uses about 60-63%, less than 50% Powertarget and stays below 50°C, nothing dramatic for the GPU, plenty power left.... ( MSI Afterburner SW ).

Also, make NV seetings so that you accelerate ONE display only ( not multi-monitor accel. ), that

is said to speed it up a bit.

my 2 cents about stuttering

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I was getting pretty bad micro shutters, and overall bad FPS. I was getting 20FPS to 60FPS, it was all over the place. It was also unplayable.

Then I turned off full screen, and now it runs smooth, very smooth. For a GTX 560ti, I have to admit I wasn't expecting this kind of performance.

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

120+FPS being down sampled to 60Hz LCD panel is gonna feel jittery, even more when FPS shifts in large numbers.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

DCS Moderators I've noticed bug that are reported in this forum threads have a [REPORTED] mark in front of them. Why have FPS, and Crossfire/SLI ones haven't been. People are having serious issues with FPS drops with card 100% within the DCS requirements, yet aren't reported or are with no notification. Please keep use informed so we can move forward with other testing.

Thank you!!!!!

Edited by raptorsim

Thanks,

Hardware:

DCS Moderators I've noticed bug that are reported in this forum threads have a [REPORTED] mark in front of them. Why have FPS, and Crossfire/SLI ones haven't been. People are having serious issues with FPS drops with card 100% within the DCS requirements, yet aren't reported or are with no notification. Please keep use informed so we can move forward with other testing.

Thank you!!!!!

I'm guessing crashes and show stoppers will be dealt with first before performance issues

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I'm guessing crashes and show stoppers will be dealt with first before performance issues

I understand but a simple reported will stop the multiple reports of the same issue.

Thanks,

Hardware:

How can set a cap on fps, say to 60fps? Is there an option somewhere or I must edit a .ini file?

Graphics.lua I believe is where you're headed, although someone on another thread did a little test and found the capping caused more stutters and that vsync was the way to go.

I might try adaptive vsync myself just to see what it's like even though the sim is mostly smooth (except FLIR and in the F-15).

Adaptive v-sync here and fps capped to 60.

Works like dream :)

OMFG, I somehow had DSR settings turned on 2x in the nvidia control panel, I'll try it now without and see how it goes....

I NEVER have DSR on, it's a fps KILLER! Hurts with AA too, I've only got a 760gtx. Oh well. Turned adaptive on for DCS as well so I'm expecting great things now lol. This has been bugging me....

Just wanted to mention.

A lot of what people are experiencing is related to Windows 7 Aero features, specifically desktop composition mode. That's what you are basically turning off when you LAlt + Enter. With desktop composition mode OFF (Advanced Performance Settings in Computer Properties) you should notice smoother play, however screen tearing will ensue. With it ON, you will have some input lag, especially if you turn your trackIR while flying by complex scenes. In a flight sim, I would almost suffer the tearing for continuity of FPS.

With Desktop Composition mode enabled, Windows itself forces vsync, so tough to say if GPU managed vsync is taking affect.

Good luck!

Edited by indiadamjones
typo

| A-10C | Ka-50 | F-86 | Mig-15 | P-51D |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A lot of what people are experiencing is related to Windows 7 Aero features, specifically desktop composition mode. That's what you are basically turning off when you LAlt + Enter. With desktop composition mode OFF (Advanced Performance Settings in Computer Properties) you should notice smoother play, however screen tearing will ensue. With it ON, you will have some input lag, especially if you turn your trackIR while flying by complex scenes. In a flight sim, I would almost suffer the tearing for continuity of FPS.

With Desktop Composition mode enabled, Windows itself forces vsync, so tough to say if GPU managed vsync is taking affect.

Good luck!

Not sure where your info comes from, but this is all 100% not true. Some people do have issues with aero, but aside from that fact everything written here is absolutely false.