ForceWare Release 90 Version: 91.31

I genuinely got average 10fps increase with these new drivers.

Ive never seen a boost with drivers alone and was quite shocked !

Quick fly Su25 mission with mostly high settings, load to the "Press S - To Start" position.

Press S twice to unpause and pause gets me 38FPS max looking at a mix of sea and dence forest/towns.

Installed the new BETA Version: 91.31 loaded the mission again and did the same procedure, 48FPS max looking at a mix of sea and dence forest/towns.

So im impressed, check them out and tell us what you get.

Wolfie.

From which drivers did you upgrade, Wolf.

I have 91.28.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

This is what I observed with the new drivers. Shadows full.

my.php?image=newdriver4vo.swf

The shadow in case of moving carrier disapears quicker but at some distance no matter if a carrier is on the map the dark shadow apear on objects at some distance and disapear when the object is far (maybe when no shadows is not calculated anymore.

Also.

The shadow "bug" (when Shadows all) when you have cover of clouds and pass through it, you still dont have shadows on the plane till you Ctrl+Esc once.

The flikering shadows on the hills (when haze set to advanced) seems to be gone.

The Clouds texture coruption till F11 few times is still here. I see it rarely but it is.

I saw that now Lock On have a profile in the nVidia driver now but, I must confess that this thingie in the driver setting is an amazement to me still from day one. I don't know what kind of twisted mind implemented that ilogic interface for loadig game driver profiles but I don't understand how to use it. Those two drop down lists makes my brain go BSOD every single time. :D

Does anybody else seen any change? Maybe using the new profile?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I dont understand why people have problems with the profiles.

1 is a list, and the other is the current active profile, just as it says.

Usually they are linked, but you can edit it so an application opens a different profile.

This is what I observed with the new drivers. Shadows full.

my.php?image=newdriver4vo.swf

The shadow in case of moving carrier disapears quicker but at some distance no matter if a carrier is on the map the dark shadow apear on objects at some distance and disapear when the object is far (maybe when no shadows is not calculated anymore.

Also.

The shadow "bug" (when Shadows all) when you have cover of clouds and pass through it, you still dont have shadows on the plane till you Ctrl+Esc once.

The flikering shadows on the hills (when haze set to advanced) seems to be gone.

The Clouds texture coruption till F11 few times is still here. I see it rarely but it is.

I saw that now Lock On have a profile in the nVidia driver now but, I must confess that this thingie in the driver setting is an amazement to me still from day one. I don't know what kind of twisted mind implemented that ilogic interface for loadig game driver profiles but I don't understand how to use it. Those two drop down lists makes my brain go BSOD every single time. :D

Does anybody else seen any change? Maybe using the new profile?

I would have understand it if it had one global driver profile (as is) and one editable list of profiles for the games that are detected and the driver switches automaticaly or manualy. And 3 radio butons: Switch profiles: Disabled (use global driver settings), Automatic, Manual.

We have two lists... one is crazy... or is it me :D. Curently when you change one drop down list... it changes the other one too... what is this meaning? Confirmation? :joystick:

Anyway... I stoped wondering at those things... Once I found my Loman ini file fragmented in about 400 pieces. On average at 2 alocation units. It was the most fragmented file on the hard drive... and the planet :D. If you stay and think youunderstand that it was so fragmented because the SO tried to maximize speed... to give me the impresion that its fast... "look how fast I modified your file... I didn't even search if there is some good space where I write it... 400 times..."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Global Settings,

I have tried this driver and I'am getting some shadow effects also.

Though I think this driver has improved FR and smoothness.

I think I can fix the shadow problems if I can find the right advanced settings

for the Vid Card.

I am running an NVid 6800 GT on a ASUS MB P4c800-E.

P4 3.0E and 2gig DDR400. (System OC 5% auto)

One thing I noticed is the GPU and VID memory have no timing(Hz) tweek in

this driver ?

Is this just handled by the Performance setting automaticly ?

Also I would be truely happy if someone would let me know the best

settings for :

1. Force mipmaps: ?

2. Conformant Texture Clamp: ?

3. Extension Limit: ?

4. Negative LOD Bias: ?

5. Triple Buffering: ?

6. Monitor Timing: ? DMT? GTF? CVT? or Windows control it?

7. Vertical Sync: ?

I have looked on the net but the info is (MISTY) vaporish.

Any body have some Ideas ?

Regards, and Thanks for any info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

I'm still using 91.28. As per the guru3d forum seems the 91.31 yields less in fps then its predecessor. But then again I have not tried them yet. Anyone tried from 91.28 to 91.31? Seen better improvement?

:detective: Cheers

christopher m all the settings are there but you may have to use some small program to make them seenable. I'm using always "nV Hardpage" (although I have an older version) wich lets you enable all the driver tabs. Also you have to switch to advance view to see the advanced Performance settings.

Tell us if you make the shadow work corectly by some setting in the game. I give up and switched back to 84.25.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nv hard page,

ZAELU,

Thanks for the response.

OK I forgot about Hard Page and cool bits and all that stuff.

It's been awhile since I upgraded drivers

I was running 77.76 before this upgrade.

I might go back also.

I'll let you know results,

Best Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Tried the 91.31s, wasn't impressed and went back to the 84.21 WHQL. Will stick with these until the 9x.xx are out of beta.

Also I would be truely happy if someone would let me know the best

settings for :

1. Force mipmaps: ?

2. Conformant Texture Clamp: ?

3. Extension Limit: ?

4. Negative LOD Bias: ?

5. Triple Buffering: ?

6. Monitor Timing: ? DMT? GTF? CVT? or Windows control it?

7. Vertical Sync: ?

Many moons ago, after several hours Googling and experimentation, I decided to use:

1. Force mipmaps: Off

2. Conformant Texture Clamp: On

3. Extension Limit: Off

4. Negative LOD Bias: Clamp

5. Triple Buffering: Off

6. Monitor Timing: Auto

7. Vertical Sync: Off

PC - AMD 64 3200+@2.4ghz. 6800GT@420/1150.

• Like 1

thanks,

I've tried them. The 2d and pits look really clean, however the shadow bug pointed above is still present with full shadows.

Also, the coastline bug is still there.

I like them though, the pit just looks clean. (not if I can get the damn MDF on the 27 antialiased, dunno why it looks like that with max filtering)

sig-YF19a.jpg

• 1 month later...

91.31 : some visual bugs

Just a word, 2 weeks ago I was playing LOMAC with an ATI 9800PRO (winxp home sp2). No problem. But the card died and I bought a 6600GT.

I have the strange feeling that the 6600GT is faster but the visual effect where nicer on the 9800PRO

Anyhow, back to the driver version:

Installed 84.21 => some texture problems

Installed 91.31 => less problems (corrupted bar when F2 view, shadow on top of objects depending of view angle, visible small triangle on S25 AA problem?)

I have a question : why not 'certifying' the best driver & setting for LOMAC ? It will help the community

Installed 91.31 => less problems (corrupted bar when F2 view, shadow on top of objects depending of view angle, visible small triangle on S25 AA problem?)

91.31 on 6600GT AGP here

no corrupted bar here

shadow on top of objects - no idea what you are talking about

small triangle on S25 - transparent poly? could be 3d model bug

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

91.31 : example of bugs

91.31 on 6600GT AGP here

no corrupted bar here