Request: chat filter

HornedGod

Now that the chat window shows events again, it's apparent how much event spam there can be when you're on a MP server with a significant number of people (20+).

I would like one of the following two options:

1/ Two tabs: one for event messages (take offs, landings, kills, etc) and the other for player entered chat

2/ Tickboxes at bottom of chat window to filter on/off the various types of event messages.

With the large number of event messages player chat can rapidly disappear off the most recent items (sure you can scroll to see them but if you never knew one was there to see in the first place because it moved off so fast...).

+1

I may add make text more friendly, less space used.

I do not need to know whole sentence, I may see just icon.

Criss on MiG-29S killed Thomas on F-15C by R-27ER

Criss (29C icon)

[*] Thomas (F15 icon) by R-27ER

It is like in Counter Strike.

Or leave same text but better formatted - no half word breaks ect.

Names could be colored - if someone is blue then name it blue.

Ivan (MiG-29S) killed Thomas (F-15C) by R-27ER

Thomas (F-15C) landed at Sochi-Adler.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Agreed. Color coded names and icons would aid being able to quickly parse the events. Not blue though. The current blue results in not being able to see the blue text most of the time due to its poor contrast with blue skies.

Also, the grammar in the new event messages needs a pass. Eveyone is 'on' an aircraft instead of in them.

And the kill messages rarely list the weapon type used at all, so they just trail off with nothing at the end of the sentence.

• 3 months later...

Chat windows options of info displayed should indeed be modified,,, way to much info streaming,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

+1

yes certainly.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD