Axis Controls causes my fps drop

theropod

i took screenshots about that fps drop. what a big fps lost when i move the controllers.

i am living with that problem for a while but that is the worst one:(

first picture set default position, second with stick move and third is rudder move.

Dont touch anything!

it is better to seat and rest in cockpit , you need to have a sleep until next patch:music_whistling:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear ED Developers,

this issue seems to be a global one affecting both DCS World and DCS World BETA.

The issue seems to be hard to notice on a CPU >4Ghz (e.g i7)

The issue makes the game nearly unplayable on a CPU <3Ghz (e.g i5)

Example: On my i5 750, Geforce 460, 2.67Ghz, 2xSSD, I get:

- No inputs = 80-120 FPS

- Moving a controller = 30-50 FPS

- Moving throttle, stick and pedals together < 10 FPS

- The issue does not occur on free planes (e.g the Su-25T)

- The issue occurs on all pay-ware aircrafts.

- The issue is a show-stopper, P0/S1P1 on low-mid range systems.

I think these threads might need to be joined and the issue to be looked into!

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158432

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151151

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152492

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151464

Dear ED Developers,

this issue seems to be a global one affecting both DCS World and DCS World BETA.

The issue seems to be hard to notice on a CPU >4Ghz (e.g i7)

The issue makes the game nearly unplayable on a CPU <3Ghz (e.g i5)

Example: On my i5 750, Geforce 460, 2.67Ghz, 2xSSD, I get:

- No inputs = 80-120 FPS

- Moving a controller = 30-50 FPS

- Moving throttle, stick and pedals together < 10 FPS

- The issue does not occur on free planes (e.g the Su-25T)

- The issue is a show-stopper, P0/S1P1 on low-mid range systems.

I think these threads might need to be joined and the issue to be looked into!

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158432

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151151

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152492

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151464

for me ,they have fixed before the 1.5.2 stable version, was it same for you?

but now , as seen on my screenshots, i cant fly it with 4 fps :(

rest in hangar

for me ,they have fixed before the 1.5.2 stable version, was it same for you?

but now , as seen on my screenshots, i cant fly it with 4 fps :(

rest in hangar

I think that, on the BETA, the effect was mitigated somewhat around VFAT...

But yeah... 4 FPS if you touch the controls of a pay-ware plane is rather "meh".

too weird!

because for me only F-15 have that problem, i had tested mig-21,mig-15,f-86,A-10c and all other fc3 aircrafts but none of them have any fps drop while moving the controllers.

as i reported before, that issue belongs f-15 only

Edited by theropod

Do you guys noticed bad framerate in F-15C too? in 1.5.2?

In intercept mission i have bad framerate in f-15c and good frame in su-27 in instant action.

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Do you guys noticed bad framerate in F-15C too? in 1.5.2?

In intercept mission i have bad framerate in f-15c and good frame in su-27 in instant action.

We have noticed that one some updates ago but now , it is annoying.

Edited by archer86

Yep I noticed if i put others fc3 planes in the same area than the f-15c in instant action inside all fc3 planes tested I have bad framerate in that mission.

In the same moment I modded mission to have M2000C and mig-21 in this mission and I got nice framerate. :(

Its weird.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Yes!! but not a lot like you.

I had tested it again with fast stick movement(shaked it:joystick:) and saw the lowest number like 10-13fps.

theropods fps is worst I guess.

SIC!

Exactly the way to induse the issue. Yes! :)

(even more pronounced when throttle & pedals are thrown into action as well.)

I get this stutter/lag as well, but it's very prominent with the standalone 1.5 beta - unplayable really. Seems it's only my F-15C is suffering from this issue, no issues with SU-27, Huey, M2000C (haven't tried the A-10C).

My Steam beta 1.5 is much much smoother, but still a tiny bit of lag when operating the throttle and/or pedals at first - and only when taxiing. Very smooth game play otherwise with Steam beta and this small lag issue only happens with the F-15C module.

So I just fly the Steam beta version instead due to standalone issue controller lag.

No issues at all with 2.0 Alpha and NTTR. Smooth as silk.

Good day,

DrDetroit

I get this stutter/lag as well, but it's very prominent with the standalone 1.5 beta - unplayable really. Seems it's only my F-15C is suffering from this issue, no issues with SU-27, Huey, M2000C (haven't tried the A-10C).

My Steam beta 1.5 is much much smoother, but still a tiny bit of lag when operating the throttle and/or pedals at first - and only when taxiing. Very smooth game play otherwise with Steam beta and this small lag issue only happens with the F-15C module.

So I just fly the Steam beta version instead due to standalone issue controller lag.

No issues at all with 2.0 Alpha and NTTR. Smooth as silk.

Good day,

DrDetroit

you will see that the a-10c does not have that issue. that is specific issue for f-15 only.

my both stable and open beta have same problem with f-15.

I opened this forum http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159738

Sorry for my english.

I notice that 1.5 stable have some problems comparded with 1.5 Beta. When I'm taxiing in the stable version with the F-15C, I dont have rocking sesação when cornering and when braking, only micro stuttering.

This dont ocours in the 1.5 Beta version. The FPS is the same in both versions.

Some one noticed this too?

But now I see that I have the same problem, this occur when I set throttle during the taxiing. My joystick is an Saitek X-55.

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue and another member of my squad as well. Only happens with the F-15, every other module runs smoothly. It is more pronounced online for me.

JD

AKA_MattE

Same issue with me - the frame rates while flying the F15C are much worse than any other module I have tried since the last update (A10A, A10C, Su25A, Su25T, Uh-1, Mi-8). It's more pronounced in multiplayer, but even offline in single player I noticed the frame rate is lower, but not to the degree it is on multiplayer.

This is just spawning and sitting in the cockpit before moving any controls. It gets a little better after take off and maybe looking up at the sky as one would expect, but overall multiplayer F15C is giving me about 15-18 fps on average whereas other modules are in the 30's - 60's depending on the map layout/number of objects/etc.

I get the impression some inefficient coding may have been introduced into the F15C module in a recent update.

Can I ask to perform a small test?

In file Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\entry.lua (if you have FC3 instaleed, or similar file in separate F-15 folder) change in line

F15FM.old = true

word "true" to number 54, for example. And move stick.

cofcorpse thank you for your interest.

result is same:( and cockpit displays gone except hud

Screen_160216_201728.thumb.jpg.2ac2bf9ecc68f6f6b95d2bed71fc3b1e.jpg