ME corrupting missions

MVSokie

A few of us are experiencing an issue where the ME is corrupting our missions we are creating, running a mission we create from the ME causes the mission to not function correctly, the briefing pic was missing and replaced with a camo looking missing texture pic, then clicked on plane to fly, game crashed to desk top with no message or warning. the mission then becomes corrupt where it once ran through multiplayer but once ran through ME it will crash every time it is ran at all now. the others in my group are experience similar issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I have had the same issue's after the last update on the 13th.

Can build a mission in the ME and test it in the ME and it will work fine but, as soon as I move it to the server none of the triggers work.

Built a mission in the ME and tested it in multiplayer on my PC and it worked. Moved it to the server and it will not work.

Can get in and fly around but the triggers do not work.

I have been trying to duplicate but have been unable. This morning after adding switch conditions trigger to a small training missions, I saved and when I tried to test it I could not get in any of the client aircraft I had. Just had a box to choose; 1) Red, 2) Blue or Spectator. Red and Blue "buttons" where greyed out and would not let me select them. I recheck all aircraft in the mission and they where set as clients. I tried opening the missions in the ME, as a single payer missions and as a multiplayer mission, same effect. I tried a repair and had no change. Out of frustration ( I should not have) I installed versions 1.5.0.45208.37 using instructions here (Using DCS Updater to Update, Revert, Repair, or Install Modules) Tried the missions again with the same results. I then deleted the missions and updated to latest versions.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

And I've been unable to replicate it, nor has it come across while heavily editing my own creations.

If there are mission editor errors in dcs.log whenever it occurs, that would be insanely useful to at least give an idea where the problem is.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I am trying to upload the .log, .crash and .dmp files here but it keeps telling me that they are invalid files.

To whom it may concern,

so i uploaded a corrupt File and the original.

It happens after a while in ME and it happens when clicking save or save as.

When de bug happens the miz file goes down to 0 KB. And only after closing dcs the kb goes to around 30.

no errors in dcs log not even warnings

there is also no chance to reproduce the bug. somtimes i work 1 hour without problem somtimes after 5 min its already here. it can be after unit placement or just editing briefing its totaly random

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

And I've been unable to replicate it, nor has it come across while heavily editing my own creations.

If there are mission editor errors in dcs.log whenever it occurs, that would be insanely useful to at least give an idea where the problem is.

Aha! So you did see my pm.

For me it reproduces every time I try to edit that mission, I'll see if anything in the DCS. Log and send it over.

I did not notice the issue unitl the last update this past Friday (the 13th- hmmm ).

Something is corrupting the mission files when you save them. I have looked over each .log file I can find and do not find anything regarding the ME. But, I also have noticed if you take player and client aircraft and change them to AI then watch the mission the Triggers will work for the AI but not from player or clients.

As player or client I can fly the mission but none of the triggers work.

Another strange issue I found Sunday night was I built a mission then uploaded it to a dedicated server , mission did not work. But when I took the same mission and hosted it from my PC (mission was built on my PC) it worked one time then next time I tried to get in the mission it would not let me get into any aircraft pit. However I was able to watch as though I was watching a track of me flying. AI had my call sign.

Anyone try rolling back one patch and build a mission and see if it works yet? Was thinking if we could do that and copy the mission to desktop, then update and build the same mission in the ME again until it has the issues. We could then use winmerge and see what might be different.

Just a thought, I can try it but wont be able too until this weekend.

Edited by Highlander
Update

This particular issue sent me nearly mad with confusion. I cannot provide steps to reproduce either. But once you have the mission with the corrupt briefing message tiles (texture missing) it stays that way. You also can't seem to add new pictures to replace them, you have to save the file as a new name and start again. Also seems to happen with the script and other addin files to the mission zip so you can get version of the script not updating or disappearing. Not had this recently, i get the feeling it may be LUA and Windows10 related as a guess, not seen anything in the logs yet.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

This particular issue sent me nearly mad with confusion. I cannot provide steps to reproduce either. But once you have the mission with the corrupt briefing message tiles (texture missing) it stays that way. You also can't seem to add new pictures to replace them, you have to save the file as a new name and start again. Also seems to happen with the script and other addin files to the mission zip so you can get version of the script not updating or disappearing. Not had this recently, i get the feeling it may be LUA and Windows10 related as a guess, not seen anything in the logs yet.

Could it be the format the .miz file is saved in? IF you unzip the file you get the following;

Inside Test.miz

l10n (folder)

mission (File)

options (File)

warehouses (File)

Inside the l10n folder is a folder named "DEFAULT" with the following files in it;

dictionary (File)

mapResource (File)

mist_4_57.lua

Is this the correct layout for a .miz file?

That's the new DCS 1.5 layout. All the scripts and pics etc end up in the new folders. Only a guess but I assume DEFAULT is the default language and that potentially if a mission was multi lingual then you would get a copy of the DEFAULT folder but called whatever the language is. The dictionary file will map the different language callsigns etc to the units in mission. Something like that anyway is my guess, note again my guess from working with a multilingual development environment here at work.

That's the new DCS 1.5 layout. All the scripts and pics etc end up in the new folders. Only a guess but I assume DEFAULT is the default language and that potentially if a mission was multi lingual then you would get a copy of the DEFAULT folder but called whatever the language is. The dictionary file will map the different language callsigns etc to the units in mission. Something like that anyway is my guess, note again my guess from working with a multilingual development environment here at work.

I'm not sure if mission files have multilingual support, but the changed format makes it much easier for the translators to go in and translate. Because its just a single text file within the mission its much easier to work with and find every item that needs to be translated, so the translators can just drop the file in when finished and save the mission.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Ok I thought perhaps you might have been able to have a DEFAULT for say English and another copy of the folder with the dictionary tags, briefings etc translated for perhaps German and have the smarts in DCS to look at what the user has configured in windows and pick up the folder for their language. That's pretty much what the stuff I use at work does although it's on a mid range platform not windows. Guess the old truism about assuming things is true lol

Same issue here after saving the mission and more like:

* Audio files will not play on a dedicated server, but will play in ME mission test and also on multiplayer on private computer. I have been going crazy on this issue the last 2 weeks :S

* Ground units (static) will sometimes change their direction (the 360 degree, where you point a unit to).

* Triggers seem to disappear now and then.

* Briefing pictures turn to CAMO with missing texture (already mentioned in this thread)

* The mission name will disappear and change to: default mission (or something like that, can't reproduce it now)

My OS:

Windows 7 64bit

Latest version of DCS 1.5.1.47025 and the version before....

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

One other thing I just spotted may be a bug may not be,

If you set AI to take off from runway they do but if you set a client to the same they start on ramp not runway....

Anyone else see this?

Also everyone that is having ME issues do you have DCS World 1.2.xx installed?

Edited by Highlander
Update