DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Fair enough, I am a WWII fan, of course I am excited and worried what will make it to my computer, but I know the guys are busting their tails... even if they dont come and tell us that every day.

oh, i'm sure they are ;) I have already pre-ordered by having the money set aside for it.. my only worry on this one is how long the money has got to wait :lol:

I'm sure they work hard on it. But some sort of Viggen lifesign would still be nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

It's one of the first things I want to do with a Viggen, see if I can land it on a carrier - with thrust reversal think I might have a chance (however slim lol).

As you say the chance of success is probably quite slim due to the delay before the reverser doors are fully closed after touchdown, and also the fairly high touchdown speed. I wouldn't call it impossible though, so good luck! :D

Edited by RaXha

lets do som speculating on Release / Announcement dates ^^.

My guess is gonna be be following.

Official Announcement on April 1st (Because Cobra is the king of trolls xD)

followed by two potential release dates.

Either if they intend a quick release after the announcement then

id say 30th April.

For 2 reasons.

First.

Its the Birthday of the Swedish King.

And its also a holiday in sweden (Walpurgis Night or as known in

Sweden Majbrasa / Valborg).

but if they want a later date (with more time then 30 days between announcement and beta release)

Id say June 6th as thats the Swedish national day ^^.

So seeing as a majority of the team is Swedish and its the first Swedish aircraft in DCS id say its fitting ^^.

id say 30th April.

For 2 reasons.

First.

but if they want a later date (with more time then 30 days between announcement and beta release)

So seeing as a majority of the team is Swedish and its the first Swedish aircraft in DCS id say its fitting ^^.

And they said that it would come out under Q1. And the first april is the end of Q1. Me believe!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Getting so hyped about the Viggen I decided to build one (Ja37 but still).

P1110792.JPG

I wonder if I'll finish it before LNS releases it. :D

Cool! I'm building a Draken, although it's been standing still for quite some time now...

755796522_2016-03-1620_41_56.thumb.jpg.8398a37070656a888cd5158b9646baa3.jpg

And they said that it would come out under Q1. And the first april is the end of Q1. Me believe!

And ED stated it would be released in the first half.

So with a Announcement on First April and a Release on either 30th April or 6th June both fits the timelines given.

And ED stated it would be released in the first half.

So with a Announcement on First April and a Release on either 30th April or 6th June both fits the timelines given.

That'd be cool; a release just in time for my dreaded 30th birthday.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Cool! I'm building a Draken, although it's been standing still for quite some time now...

[ATTACH]136704[/ATTACH]

Holy Cow :shocking: RC-Impeller???

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

I think Cobra and LN should get Simon Stålenhag to do some boxcover art for the AJS :thumbup: Sure GRAFEEX are fantastic on PC nowadays, but do they capture the nostalgia of a childhood spent in the back of your parents' Saab 90 and dreaming about jet fighters? :smilewink:

Wow!!! Simons paintings :thumbup:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

As you say the chance of success is probably quite slim due to the delay before the reverser doors are fully closed after touchdown, and also the fairly high touchdown speed. I wouldn't call it impossible though, so good luck! :D

Yep, planning to almost stall it onto the deck and take it from there. Luckily being a computer simulation I can do all sorts of outlandish crap that would get you court marshaled, stripped of rank and generally hated by everyone else on and off ship in real life - with no in game consequences beyond having to restart.

id say 30th April.

For 2 reasons.

First.

I think we might get an announcement on April 1 as you say, because Cobra is just THAT guy ! :)

But i believe he have stated that there will be a short time between announcement and release so i believe that from announcement to release will be 1 or maybe 2 weeks (everything is guess work ;) )

I actually have 2 more questions about this bird, it says that it have a "centralkalkylator" but is that only for the HUD and maybe CCIP / CCRP calculations or does it have FBW as the Mirage?

Also does it have IFF?, i can kinda see why it would not have IFF as it is a strike aircraft and the only A-A is Aim9 where you are normally close enough for VID before you launch but it would still be nice to have ;)

Holy Cow :shocking: RC-Impeller???

Yes :)

You can find the kit here: http://www.mbs-rcmodels.se/skalamodeller/

I can highly recommend it to anyone who likes to do builds like these. The instructions are clear enough even for a total rookie like me and the guy who owns the shop - which is the same guy who designed the kits - is a super nice guy who's very happy to help, so if you run into any problems you can just call him.

Personally I think I'm finding out that doing these kinds of builds is probably not my thing :) But that's just me, and I still intend to finish this one... one day :)

I think we might get an announcement on April 1 as you say, because Cobra is just THAT guy ! :)

But i believe he have stated that there will be a short time between announcement and release so i believe that from announcement to release will be 1 or maybe 2 weeks (everything is guess work ;) )

I actually have 2 more questions about this bird, it says that it have a "centralkalkylator" but is that only for the HUD and maybe CCIP / CCRP calculations or does it have FBW as the Mirage?

Also does it have IFF?, i can kinda see why it would not have IFF as it is a strike aircraft and the only A-A is Aim9 where you are normally close enough for VID before you launch but it would still be nice to have ;)

Here is a document in english about the CK37:

[ame]http://www.datasaab.se/Papers/Articles/Viggenck37.pdf[/ame]

Edited by BravoYankee4

Yes, there is a IFF device (IK in Swedish) that is called PN79(x).

Here is a film about it (unfortunately in Swedish without subtitles):

[ame]http://www.aef.se/Filmer/PN-79.wmv[/ame]

I think we might get an announcement on April 1 as you say, because Cobra is just THAT guy ! smile.gif

But i believe he have stated that there will be a short time between announcement and release so i believe that from announcement to release will be 1 or maybe 2 weeks (everything is guess work wink.gif )

Also does it have IFF?, i can kinda see why it would not have IFF as it is a strike aircraft and the only A-A is Aim9 where you are normally close enough for VID before you launch but it would still be nice to have wink.gif

Yes, there is a IFF device (IK in Swedish) that is called PN79(x).

Well im pretty sure by IFF he ment if it could IFF radar contacts.

And AFIK that it can not.

Atleast i dont see why and how it would be.

So while you have a IFF transponders so others can ID you the AJS 37 cant ID other aircraft using their IFF transponders.

So you will be down to Visual IDing other aircraft.

In real life this would be less of a problem as Ground Control would give you a picture of what was in the area.

And It would be very Easy to Vis ID between Swedish aircraft and russian aircraft (the only Potential thread)

And the way this game works especially in multiplayer it will likely be even more Strike focused.

(though some of ppl are likely to fly is as a fighter)

But the AJ/AJS 37 is a Strike aircraft first and foremost even though its very capable at self defense and is not easy prey for a overconfident enemy.

And the CK does more then just the Hud / CCIP/CCRP.

And while it does not have flybywire IIRC the CK 37 does help in many areas when it comes to flying the aircraft.

Edited by mattebubben

A few pictures of the different weapon selectors and such in the AJS 37 cockpit..

Weapon selector and Emergency Jettison of fuel tanks and weapons.

yltZ8i5.jpg

Different salvo/ modes etc for ARAK, bombs, Rb04 and Rb05.

MXcDlnc.jpg

The "controller of the Rb05 and it's hand rest" The big lump you just put your hand on and rest it there whilst you control the weapon with your fingers on the smaller controller.

2lX71rI.jpg

• Like 1

A few pictures of the different weapon selectors and such in the AJS 37 cockpit..

Weapon selector and Emergency Jettison of fuel tanks and weapons.

yltZ8i5.jpg

Different salvo/ modes etc for ARAK, bombs, Rb04 and Rb05.

MXcDlnc.jpg

The "controller of the Rb05 and it's hand rest" The big lump you just put your hand on and rest it there whilst you control the weapon with your fingers on the smaller controller.

2lX71rI.jpg

WOW! Awesome images!

I am so building a few panels for the Viggen when it comes out. Flipping some actual switches really enhances the flying experience for me. :)

I found a short sequence in this video which I think is interesting:

[ame]

[/ame]

The interesting part is that according to the manual it should take about 5 seconds for the thrust reverser to fully close, but I'm counting at most about 3 seconds from the moment the front gear compresses to we getting a view of the rear - and seeing that the reverser already looks fully closed...

Thoughts?

Edit: The timestamping doesn't work when embedding for some reason. But the part I'm talking about is at about 1:28

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

I found a short sequence in this video which I think is interesting:

The interesting part is that according to the manual it should take about 5 seconds for the thrust reverser to fully close, but I'm counting at most about 3 seconds from the moment the front gear compresses to we getting a view of the rear - and seeing that the reverser already looks fully closed...

Thoughts?

The reverser doors start closing when the main gear is compressed, but will abort if the nose gear is not compressed 2 seconds later. So that would account for your missing ~2 seconds. At least that's what I have understood from previous discussion. :-)

Edited by RaXha