Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

• 2 weeks later...
it loads like before. what function is causing the problem/s ?

Found that message in "Slmod- multiplayer server mod for new mission logic functionality"

Bug: -admin commands don't work and register with a missing last character, cutting off the last letter

Example: -admin doesn't work but -adminn will

-admin pause doesn't work but -admin pausee will

-admin load doesn't work but -admin loadd will

After updating to 1.5.3 we've got same bug.... :(

Yep, seeing the same issue on the VA with 1.5.3. Exactly as described above.

Actually, watching DCS chat, DCS appears to be dropping the last character on any chat sent..... Maybe not related to SLmod at all??

Edited by Shahdoh

Yep, seeing the same issue on the VA with 1.5.3. Exactly as described above.

Actually, watching DCS chat, DCS appears to be dropping the last character on any chat sent..... Maybe not related to SLmod at all??

I think it somehow related to new "autoexec.lua" file in "DCS World/Scripts" folder...

Also, message suppression seems not working. All "-admin" type massages and options for them visible to everyone.

Correction to what has been happening on the VA. Server sees all characters in chat, nothing is cut off, but still need to add the extra character as if it was. All clients connecting in are having the last character in chat dropped and slmod commands from the client/admin need the extra last character to execute properly.

I have been on multiple other servers, and seen it fine on an SLMOD controlled server and also the dropped characters. On the 1 non-slmod server I visited did not have the dropped character problem.

Looks like I was running SLmod a couple revisions old so will update on next refresh and report what happens.

Could be related to a workaround that had to be made due to how DCS sends messages. Will investigate.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Grimes,

I am getting an error in my mission "slmod Error: no BluePTS in SLMOD Add_Task_net" is the parallel tasking system still not work in slmod or do I have an issue I need to resolve?

thanks

Falcon 76th

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

Grimes,

nevermind on this issue s a reinstall of slmod seemed to have fixed this error except for an error using Add_blue_Task with mgrs coordinates. it returns an error LOtoMGRS is null. I think it is suppose to be LLtomgrs be cause that is the only conversion I can find and cannot find any LOtoMGRS. if I use add_task_Blue with LL it appears to mork correctly. Can you try this out and see if this is just me or is there an issue with MGRS cords in SLMOD.

thanks

Falcon 76th

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

People with the text getting cut off issue please state which version of slmod you are running. Specifically I need to know if you are running the latest version that was posted on the github page with the slmodGameGUI.lua being used instead of userGameGui.lua along with the two other files that were updated. It should say Slmodv7_5_072 somewhere in your DCS.log file.

@MTrenda, do you have a mission handy that uses the Parallel tasking stuff? I seem to recall you guys modified Separatist Aggression to use it. It'd be quicker for me to test rather than having to create my own test mission from scratch.

Grimes, I believe Shahdoh was able to get the dropped letters issue resolved with the latest SL mod.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Yes,

Slmodv7_5_072 fixed the dropped character issue for us on the VA server. Though we are still seeing some other issues.

Clients with the name "Player" come up blank "" on the server. Other clients see the correct name just fine.

When using ID #'s for either kick or ban, if its a 2 digit id, it will at least sometimes apply the action to the wrong person. Example (-admin id kick 24 will kick the person with ID #2, if repeated, it then kicked another client, but not 24).

Collisions/kamikazi actions with a Mig 29 report the action as the Weapon = "Mig 29" instead of kamikazi. This applies a different punishment level than is intended. In our case, weapon use is treated severely so the poor Mig 29 pilot gets kicked/banned just because he was involved in a collision.

Thank you!

Here are Missions - V6(mgrs) V7(LL)

Grimes,

Here is the Red Snake mission Version 6 has the MGRS add task to blue in it. Version 7 was changed to LL add task to blue.

The Do script files to start at CAS-1 and are added to each Spawn of a mission.

Let me know what you think, I was able to find the LOToMgrs in the slmodlibs.lua which is looking for AVGP (Average Group Position) Line 70. I am assuming this line 70 is getting a null value for AVGP. just my novice look at things and taking an interest in the lua scripting language.

Thanks

Falcon 76th

Op_RedSnake_DayOne_slmod_by_sorcer3r_v1.4_Dayv6.miz

Op_RedSnake_DayOne_slmod_by_sorcer3r_v1.4_Dayv7.miz

I'm going to try and get a new update out by the end of the week.

MTrenda, I think I've found the bug that was causing it. Its not that its getting a null value for the group, but rather coord.LOtoMGRS is null. This is because Speed created a function with that definition, and an error was occurring during that creation, but it wasn't showing as an error.

Shahdoh, I've got the Mig-29 kamikaze issue fixed. Its a problem with the Mig-29A specifically and the checker, which generates really weird results but works, wasn't able to identify it because it was listed simply as "Mig-29" when it can compare to Mig-29A, Mig-29S, etc. The other issues require more testing/guinea pigs to thoroughly examine.

In terms of the other bugs that are reported:

I know why the -reg admin command isn't working, I just need to isolate and find out the rest of the problem. Basically the chat message that is sent telling you to enter the password is being mistaken for the password.

Restart mission requires a DCS API change to fully work with any mission. I can however make it work with any mission that is located in your slmod/missions folder.

Considering that reasons for getting kicked out of the server aren't displayed as part of the game UI yet, I think I'll create a new option that specifies the time delay from the command to get kicked to the actual kicking. This way, if you set it up for it, the player getting kicked will have a chance to see a message stating they are getting kicked. If I go through with this change it will require you to update your config files.

I'm still tweaking the stats display... its really annoying.

I pushed a few of the fixes I've made to the develop branch. Most up to date version is build 74.

Stuff that should be fixed with it:

-admin commands should now be correctly suppressed

-Stats formatting adjustments. Table will still be out of slight alignment, but extra line breaks should no longer be present

-Fixed issue with MGRS related commands not working

-Fixed the Mig-29A showing as a weapon when used in a kamikaze attack

Hi, Grimes -- thank you for all the work you are putting into Slmod.

I installed the Slmod 74 build onto Hollo Pointe with the previously existing config.lua, BannedClients.lua and ServerAdmins.lua. My UID for Wrecking Crew is in the ServerAdmins.lua. I can verify admin rights with '-admin', and '-admin load' is pointing to my /DCS/Missions folder like it should.

I get new Slmod chat logs for each session but they are empty of the typed in text, the file size is zero. I see lots of these entries in dcs.log --

00075.126 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error onSimulationFrame:[string "C:\Users\Hollo Pointe\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_5/SlmodStats.lua"]:70: attempt to index upvalue 'statsF' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "C:\Users\Hollo Pointe\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_5/SlmodStats.lua"]:70: in function 'resetStatsFile'
[string "C:\Users\Hollo Pointe\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_5/SlmodLibs.lua"]:2677: in function 'reset'
[string "C:\Users\Hollo Pointe\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/net/Slmodv7_5/SlmodCallbacks.lua"]:259: in function 'newHandler'
[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:596: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:595>.
00075.134 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.basicSerialize) function into export.
00075.135 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.serialize) function into export.
00075.135 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.oneLineSerialize) function into export.
00075.135 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.serializeWithCycles) function into export.
00075.135 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.deepcopy) function into export.
00075.136 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded (name = slmod.tableshow) function into export.
00075.138 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: using banned ucids and/or ips as defined in C:\Users\Hollo Pointe\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\BannedClients.lua
00075.138 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: using server admins as defined in C:\Users\Hollo Pointe\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\ServerAdmins.lua
00075.168 INFO    LuaNET: SLMOD INFO: successfully loaded unitAttributes.
00075.169 ERROR   VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(C:\Users\Hollo Pointe\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\\SlmodStats.lua): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The attachment has dcs.log, debrief.log and the Slmod folder root files config.lua and Slmod.log. Only DCS was open on the server when these sessions ran (Notepad++ was closed).

Do you know why the Slmod chat logs are empty and how to fix this?

WC

Edited by Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.