Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

I'm having trouble with adding admins to SLMOD. I can add them via the command line, and that all works fine but it looks like the ServerAdmins.lua file gets reset on a server restart...

That is not happening on my 3 test installations. Are you running DCS as Administrator? Are you using your own DCS client or is it a dedicated server?

Just an FYI whenever the next patch hits slmod will need to be updated. I haven't got around to making the needed changes yet but I'll work on it this weekend. If you've read the patch notes that were posted it looks like we now have an API function to grab the current mission name, which will be nice.

EDIT: I also suggest to show the MOTD first when the user is seated in the cockpit and display it in text message, not chat.

Its a setting in the slmod config, unless you are saying it always displays as chat? Either way I really need to modify something with how often it displays the motd.

MOTD_display_mode = 'chat'

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Just an FYI whenever the next patch hits slmod will need to be updated. I haven't got around to making the needed changes yet but I'll work on it this weekend. If you've read the patch notes that were posted it looks like we now have an API function to grab the current mission name, which will be nice.

Its a setting in the slmod config, unless you are saying it always displays as chat? Either way I really need to modify something with how often it displays the motd.

MOTD_display_mode = 'chat'

Yes thats correct, you can set it as 'text' but then it logs errors on player ID and don't show. I will check again and also make a log copy.

But setting the MOTD to 'text' creates a error in the dcs.log file:

LuaNET: SLMOD WARNING: MOTD: Unable to get chat key for client 8, reason: no unitId.

Maybe adding a time factor to show the message will help. The user must be in cockpit to see the 'text' message.

Any one could help me installing SLMOD ?

As the tutorial says, I copy the folder (with all subfolder and files) in c/User/(username)/Savedgames/DCS

Then I run a multiplayer and no SLMOD folder is created...

I tried on both 1.5.2 and 2.0 with same issue.

Thanks for your support !

You should copy only the Scripts folder into C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta or \DCS.openalpha, NOT the entire DCS-SLmod-develop folder. Then run multiplayer and it should create the Slmod folder.

Edited by dabomb

Sometimes the admin commands are showing to all!

These screens are from Dutch Baron and I am on the other team (blue side) and he can see my admin commands. This is reported from players that is not of the admin group as well.

If you have it saving chat, does it say "suppressed by slmod" near the message? Also I'm quite certain slmod doesn't hide incorrectly written commands. Will investigate.

Sorry if this has been covered earlier.

How to do we 'unkick' auto kicked clients?

They don't show in the banned list and we can't get them back in the server till the timer runs out (not sure how long it is).

Is there a way we can instantly remove the autokick for clients who just made a few honest mistakes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

If you have it saving chat, does it say "suppressed by slmod" near the message? Also I'm quite certain slmod doesn't hide incorrectly written commands. Will investigate.

Well sometimes it does but not always:

id = 2} said "-admin

" to all

id = 3} said "-admin

" to all (output suppressed by Slmod)

Sometimes there is no suppress info in chatlog.

EDIT: I also have a report from one admin that when ID kicking one player it kicked someone else. Here it may be a command mixup but lets really try to investigate this. The player ID that was tried to kick was ID 22. No idea of the ID kicked. We will try to recreate this on crowded servers during Christmas.

Edited by HiJack

Hmm. ok. I never got to test it out with a decent number of people. The most was just a server + Graywolf and I. So I suspect it is feasible that IDs might not get assigned correctly, but again I'd need to test it out on a larger sessions with players joining and leaving to make sure. If you can, also test the kick by name functionality to see if that works as intended.

;2610844']Is there a way we can instantly remove the autokick for clients who just made a few honest mistakes?

Not exactly. There is an exemption list you can create but that makes the perpetrators completely exempt from their actions. You can also change the values that auto-admin uses to decide whether to kick people. By tweaking the values you can make it more lenient or turn it up to Judge Dredd. See the original slmod documentation for a better idea of how it works.

I suppose it is feasible to create a "-forgive" functionality that exists in other MP games. Basically if a player is TK'd they are given an option to either forgive or punish the other player for their actions. Though I must admit adding specific features to slmod isn't my highest priority at the moment.

edit: btw, reproduced the admin commands not always being suppressed.

Edited by Grimes

Sorry but i have not see in previous posts : how to add admins manually in the file ServerAdmins.lua (how is the format for an entry) ?

Thank's.

U need to extract the Player UCID out of the Chatlog. Note that player UCID's have changed between 1.2 and 1.5/2.0 .

This is the correct syntax :

Admins = 
{
   ["ff2adcb513c12f5175d41202c4d05ed3"] = "ID 4-1 Scharrk °UFS°",
   ["13fa1acf3ca4b659a1af3ecac8ae5ab5"] = "ID 3-1 BlueDuck °UFS°",
   ["913fb3e708f27f8abd9b7be546c4e654"] = "ID 1-2 Willi °UFS°",
   ["251bc31d1d06ba8ae002e0f08b74079c"] = "ID 5-3 Fastbreak °UFS°",
} -- end of Admins

Thanks for the new SLMOD! But one question: Is it possible to set the max ping for the Clients joining on the Server? I was searching for it without success. Is this Feature implemented in the new Version?

Thanks in advance

MaxPing isn't available yet. I hope Grimes plan to add it but i have little hope ;)

Ente

I'm not familiar with new SLMOD settings but is it really necessary after chat messages about some kill immediately in a new line is the same message but from SLMOD.

Ok, that is SLMOD feature but maybe server admins can turn off event messages in DCS SERVER options but let SLMOD to write that messages. It will work on that way? If yes, server admins do it please because now it look like as crazy spam and confuse.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

-Stats me and -stats full me edit

I have made an attempt to fix some of the formating problems in the stats table. The implementation of the current table is not ideal and should really be done over completely. This edit is only done on the "SlmodStats.lua" and must be replaced manually. The changes should make each stats on one line. Implemented on TAW servers for testing.

"-stats me" will show:

attachment.php?attachmentid=131872&d=1451675579

"-full stats me" will show:

attachment.php?attachmentid=131873&d=1451675579

Also made a small change to the weapon's stats.

2120534265_Statsme-tableedit.png.a4b3e3d90fbdf97b8bd1f84687a49a37.png

1292866681_Fullstatsme-tableedit.png.49b38cd50a8efc1136cfd8e5cd55f5a2.png

SlmodStats.lua

• Like 1

Thank you, Grimes for this Slmod for v1.5. I got it running on Hollo Pointe straight away, with the old config settings in the new file. The admin's Clients UIDs are different now(?) so I have to rebuild that list. Maybe the old Ban list won't work, too...

Hollo Pointe users very much appreciate this tool for the open server.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

WC,

I might be wrong, but I think its just that the Beta UID's are different then the live server UID's. I just added the new ones to the old admin list and its working fine. Now will see when the admins switch back to the live client instead of beta.

/salute