Checklists

Toertchen

Hello there,

because the enclosed checklists are too confusing (in my opinion), I have revised it and now want to share with you.

If you find some errors, feel free to tell me.

Elements with green color are not yet implemented or you can not interact with them.

What you get:

- checklists based on Dassault Aviation M2000C Flight Manual

- conversion table from mB (mbar / hPa) to in.Hg

- radio frequencies table (Black Sea Map) with additional information about alternate airports, ILS, VOR and TACAN

- radio frequencies table (Nevada Map) with additional information about ILS, TACAN (WIP)

- weapon configuration table

- rotation speed table based on weight (WIP)

REV: 7

Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2128261/

Edited by Toertchen
  • Like 5

Thanks for sharing! Nice check list you've created.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Toertchen, thanks again for keeping up with this! Any chance you might be able to add in the Nevada frequencies at some point? Would be most helpful for those with that map, too. thanks for considering it!

Edited by Justificus
To fix italics that some how got enabled...

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Toertchen, thanks again for keeping up with this! Any chance you might be able to add in the Nevada frequencies at some point? Would be most helpful for those with that map, too. thanks for considering it!

Thanks Justificus =)

At the moment i don't own the Nevada Map. But I'll try to include the stuff as soon as possible.

Nice work! However the preflight checklist and engine start procedure are still not clear. Right now you can't start the engine without the hydraulic emergency pump off because your parking brake won't work.

The checklist based on Dassault Aviation M2000C Pilote Manuel, so the procedures aren't the same as by RAZBAMS Flight Manual.

Even with the hydraulic emergency pump off you can start the engine and the parking brake will work (try it :v:).

I think (if I interpret the picture below correctly) the parking brake lever is connected to a pressure intensifier. The hydraulic pumps are not needed to engage the parking brake. The pressure intensifier is connected with the HYD2-reservoir. Pressure for the parking brake is about 80 bar.

attachment.php?attachmentid=132162&stc=1&d=1451937543

665802199_freinageparking.png.ed98063f17f23689645c00cc3265205b.png

Edited by Toertchen

Thanks Justificus =)

At the moment i don't own the Nevada Map. But I'll try to include the stuff as soon as possible...

Ah, faulty assumption that you actually already have the map. Sorry about that. No rush on it mate! Thanks for considering adding it in. You've saved me a bit of time trying to come up with my own. Much appreciated! :thumbup::beer:

Justificus

System Specs:

I think (if I interpret the picture below correctly) the parking brake lever is connected to a pressure intensifier. The hydraulic pumps are not needed to engage the parking brake. The pressure intensifier is connected with the HYD2-reservoir. Pressure for the parking brake is about 80 bar.

attachment.php?attachmentid=132162&stc=1&d=1451937543

I belive in you ! :)

Trying right now ! :book:

Love it so far, very handy, quite clear and complete!

The font is not easy to read though, the letter spacing seems to be broken (especially 'I' letters, see attached image). Sorry to ask, but should we install some fonts? From the list they're not standard and I'm not sure they're all embedded.

You have the ventilation back and the starter pump off after engine start then, I'm still curious about these two ones.

And the parking brakes are off at the end? I was wondering whether they did that, to ease moving the plane with a pusher or otherwise, and relied on chocks to immobilize the aircraft, seems that way. So it's only used temporarily by the pilot when he's in the aircraft.

Little typo I spotted: "VENTILATION SELECOTR" on pg. 4 ;) And "ENGINGE START" on the first page.

The translation of "becs" is "slats", and I think "pelles" is "scoops", "souris" is "cones".

"coupe-feu" was translated to .. ah, but you changed it the other way round. Actually that was one of my concerns the other day, there will be a French cockpit and an English one, perhaps other languages later. It could be disturbing to have a checklist in another language than the cockpit, I suppose that the best, for an English checklist, would be to be English and let the French label between parentheses or something like that. This comes from reading the Ka-50 manual with the Russian labels, that are not in the English cockpit - it's a weird mix and makes it quite hard to either match with the manual (with English cockpit) or remember (with native cockpit). o.O - but I wrote that in the cockpit thread, you problably read my rantings before ;)

But here you're mixing both, I'd avoid that to be honest, and stick to either French or English.

fonts.jpg.1a6ac7ef1ee26fc0a5f6067264a9326d.jpg

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Guest deeplodokus

actually i second that on the fonts, they display weird

on my side i've printed it 2 pages per page which makes an A5 booklet. printing on A6 really wouldn't be readable as it is now

don't get me wrong, this is great stuff you've made, but i'd love it even more on A6 format for a mini-booklet that doesn't take too much space

:thumbup:

Nice job Toertchen :)

Proposition of corrections (based on your REV 4) :

Preflight / MAIN INSTRUMENTS PANEL

MAIN ADI ……………………………………UNCAGED

=> there is no caging on the "boule" (main ADI) of the M-2000. Please remove this line.

HSI ……………………………………NAV (CM OR CV)

=> shouldn't be in green. It works.

ENGINE START

CIRCUIT BREAKERS …………………………………… CK

=> you should write CHECK in all letters (several occurrences).

WHEN THE RPM REACH 10% MOVE THE THROTTLE TOWARDS THE GROUND IDLE POSITION

=> there is no "ground idle" position. There is an idle position.

The ground/flight idle setting depends on WoW, not throttle position.

AFTER ENGINE START

AUTOPILOT TEST

FBW TEST

=> invert order; you should test FBW before AP.

TAKE OFF

SET MILITARY/MAXIMUM POWER ……………………………………AS RQRD

[DEPENDING ON THE LOAD / RUNWAY LENGTH / WEATHER]

=> No no no, definitely no. Afterburner is mandatory for taking off with the M-2000. Always.

ROTATE ……………………………………AT 120 KNOTS

=> AT 120 KTS (CLEAN AIRCRAFT)

Didn't review LANDING & further.

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

The font is not easy to read though, the letter spacing seems to be broken (especially 'I' letters, see attached image). Sorry to ask, but should we install some fonts? From the list they're not standard and I'm not sure they're all embedded.

Sorry for that, I didn't include the font in the PDF -> my fail.

Should be fixed in REV 5.

You have the ventilation back and the starter pump off after engine start then, I'm still curious about these two ones.

I think you can switch off the STARTER PUMP after engine start, because it feeds only the starter - not 100% sure about that.

Ventilation: After you start the engine, you didn't need the ignition anymore. WARNING: If it is heavy raining or the runway is really wet, you should have the ignition on to prevent flameout.

And the parking brakes are off at the end? I was wondering whether they did that, to ease moving the plane with a pusher or otherwise, and relied on chocks to immobilize the aircraft, seems that way. So it's only used temporarily by the pilot when he's in the aircraft.

Thats it ;-)

It could be disturbing to have a checklist in another language than the cockpit, I suppose that the best, for an English checklist, would be to be English and let the French label between parentheses or something like that. This comes from reading the Ka-50 manual with the Russian labels, that are not in the English cockpit - it's a weird mix and makes it quite hard to either match with the manual (with English cockpit) or remember (with native cockpit).

Should be fixed in REV 5.

Preflight / MAIN INSTRUMENTS PANEL

MAIN ADI ……………………………………UNCAGED

=> there is no caging on the "boule" (main ADI) of the M-2000. Please remove this line.

I thought you uncage the main ADI with the switch right above it?

attachment.php?attachmentid=132594&stc=1&d=1452465856

791632633_MAINADI.png.c6b988e05676aa37a61f5b7e204e172f.png

I think you can switch off the STARTER PUMP after engine start, because it feeds only the starter - not 100% sure about that.

That's how I see it, but apparently this one switches off automatically after 35 seconds. I read this in the context of a dry ventilation procedure, so it's not a certainty, but I was wondering whether it was usual to simply let it switch off on its own. Just out of curiosity, personally with the "switch those lights off" syndrome long embedded in my genes, I'd rather switch it off manually.

Ventilation: After you start the engine, you didn't need the ignition anymore. WARNING: If it is heavy raining or the runway is really wet, you should have the ignition on to prevent flameout.

For sure, but do you need ventilation at this point? The only event I saw a mention of this switch to VENT is an interruption of the start-up procedure, to ventilate, or a dry ventilation procedure. Unless it's the venting of the fuel tanks, but I'm not sure why there would be a switch for that.

Good to know about the flameout!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

New version online (REV 5).

Changes:

- including font

- changed some minor entrys

- added rotation speed table based on weight (WIP)

-----------------------------------------------

For sure, but do you need ventilation at this point? The only event I saw a mention of this switch to VENT is an interruption of the start-up procedure, to ventilate, or a dry ventilation procedure. Unless it's the venting of the fuel tanks, but I'm not sure why there would be a switch for that.

After reaching the minimum speed, fuel is injected into the combustion chamber and ignited by one or more spark plugs. After the ignition of the fuel and further speed increase the ignition is switched off; the combustion proceeds continuously. You don't need the ignition at this point, so you can safe the lifetime from the spark plugs if you shut off ignition (switch to VENT).

Oh, perhaps you're right, didn't remember that.

I will cross-check and report back, sorry in advance if it was a false alarm.

I look forward to your replay :smilewink: