DCS World missile explosion/impact sounds?

JazonXD

Hi everyone, I've just updated from 1.2 to the newest and stable version of DCS 1.5.2 and I've noticed that for air to ground missiles like the Mavericks or Hellfires, whenever they hit a target there is a lack of vehicle explosion or explosion sound in general. All there is is a quiet metallic sound, sort of like metal on metal. Is this a bug or is it something that I messed up? How can I fix is? Thanks. (I haven't tested this in air to air situations... I don't remember if they had the explosion sound or not, when I have time, i update the post.)

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Just as another point of reference...

I'm on latest 1.5.2 as well. With the A-10C and Mavericks, I've heard that same metallic sound on impact (as apposed to an explosion sound).

But, it isn't consistent. I have heard some explosions on impact with target. I'll try tomorrow and see if I can find a pattern.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. System specs: Windows 7 Pro, EVGA X58 3x classified 3 MOBO, i7 960 @3.2Ghz, 24Gb Ram, Nvidia EVGA GTX 780ti with 3 Gb VRAM.

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.

Just as another point of reference...

I'm on latest 1.5.2 as well. With the A-10C and Mavericks, I've heard that same metallic sound on impact (as apposed to an explosion sound).

But, it isn't consistent. I have heard some explosions on impact with target. I'll try tomorrow and see if I can find a pattern.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. System specs: Windows 7 Pro, EVGA X58 3x classified 3 MOBO, i7 960 @3.2Ghz, 24Gb Ram, Nvidia EVGA GTX 780ti with 3 Gb VRAM.

So far, I've found that whenever anything impacts the ground, there is no explosion sound. Even when AA missiles impact the ground, there's no explosion sound. I went back to the directory of DCS and I played back some of the "GroundExplosion" sounds and they sounded normal, however, they don't show up in game. I think I'm going to reinstall DCS. Maybe it was due to "upgrading" from 1.2 to 1.5 that caused this...

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

Gotcha.

I'm pretty new to DCS, my first instal was 1.5 Open Beta so I didn't upgrade.

I'm also new to firing Mavericks, just started using them in the last few days. So, I set the option for unlimited weapons and just free fly around blowing stuff up. For hours at a time

I don't think I'll ever get tired of using the F2 external view to watch the Mavs come off the rails

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.

I confirm this issue.

Recently I've playing A-10C mostly, and most of hits on ground targets has no explosion sound. A sudden silence...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Guys, I have seem to fix it... reinstall game :/

However, after reinstalling, I ran into the issue of reinstalling FC3: see http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157674

NOPE DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM! it seems like that this bug is very inconsistent... sometimes, the sound will work while some other times, it will not work. Also, it seems like that older missions made in 1.2 or later have a much higher chance of the sound not working. It seems like when I fly a plane that's FC3 will also increase the chances of the sound not working.......

• ED Team

Guys I may have this one already reported. But please post your zipped logs folder and tracks if you have them.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150091&page=2

There is an open bug at the moment that occurs if you load a mission the second time without restarting dcs. The explosion sounds only works on the first load of DCS.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Guys I may have this one already reported. But please post your zipped logs folder and tracks if you have them.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150091&page=2

There is an open bug at the moment that occurs if you load a mission the second time without restarting dcs. The explosion sounds only works on the first load of DCS.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

ahh okay great. I don't think my problem is the exact same as the one already reported though... it's a bit more extensive including ALL ground explosions and occasionally air explosions as well. Where can I find the logs that I should include?

• ED Team

run a mission so you replicate the problem.

After you will find your logs folder in your saved games location

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

right click the logs folder and zip it, then attach it here. Also if you have a track file please attach it as well

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been a fix for this problem? I currently have the same issue ever since updating to 1.5.2

The first time i play i hear explosions, however the next mission i load (or view track of first mission) there is none, also even on the first mission i load there is still no sounds for the impact of rounds from the A-10 gatling gun.

I have tried reinstalling which didnt fix it, also the problem affects the standard DCS sounds aswell as all sound mods that i have tried.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

AFAIK there's nothing to fix this yet. It seems to only happen on missions that were created before 1.5 (ex 1.2.16 missions or earlier)

AFAIK there's nothing to fix this yet. It seems to only happen on missions that were created before 1.5 (ex 1.2.16 missions or earlier)

I see, it also does it if i choose instant action, or even if a create a mission through the editor. Hopefully it is fixed soon as it is quite frustrating:music_whistling:

I see, it also does it if i choose instant action, or even if a create a mission through the editor. Hopefully it is fixed soon as it is quite frustrating:music_whistling:

For me, if i make a new mission in mission editor or generate a mission etc, then the sounds usually work fine. However, if I play a mission that was created back in 1.2 or earlier, then sounds don't work properly.

Explosion sounds have stopped working in DCS, which makes videos look a bit flat.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

No explosion sound. (For the DCS bug report). The previous mission was in v1.2, so this is a fresh mission, made in v 1.5.2. There is also no sound in the 1st run. I also tried different weapons.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Explosion sounds have stopped working in DCS, which makes videos look a bit flat.

No explosion sound. (For the DCS bug report). The previous mission was in v1.2, so this is a fresh mission, made in v 1.5.2. There is also no sound in the 1st run. I also tried different weapons.

Thanks for the video demonstrations! This is basically what was happening with me almost exactly spot on. Hopefully they will get a fix for this soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Was just wondering if this issue seems to have been fixed for anyone after the previous update (1.5.3 i think?) Ive tried a clean install after the last update but the issue persists still.:(

Not, I've been receiving even more problems with 1.5.3 (performance). So far, I did not notice any fix for this with the new update.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i was hoping that 1.5.4 would fix this but doesn't seem to be the case. kinda of break the immersion when big, bright explosions are completely silent.

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

i was hoping that 1.5.4 would fix this but doesn't seem to be the case. kinda of break the immersion when big, bright explosions are completely silent.

Yep, basically what's happening...