More mission editor triggers not working

It's been reported in the 1.5 beta bugs topic that the "UNIT IN ZONE" trigger doesn't work and so it is with the 1.5 release version as well.

I've also found that the "ALL OF GROUP IN ZONE" trigger seems to work in multiplayer for AI groups, but not for human players. Perhaps everyone can post here any other triggers that they find are broken in the release version.

I wonder what other triggers are broken? I'll be testing other as we replay my old missions in the release version of 1.5. I'm hoping that ED soon will take a close look at these mission editor triggers that are no longer working. Kinda sucks to fly all the way to a combat area and you don't trigger the event.

Update for triggers in 1.5 release multiplayer only (I'm no longer playing or testing in single player).

* UNIT INSIDE ZONE - Works if the unit is AI .... Does not work if the unit is a client.

* ALL OF GROUP IN ZONE - Works if the group is AI .... Does not work if the group are client(s).

* PART OF GROUP IN ZONE - Does not work if the group is AI or clients.

Can anyone confirm these, or have found anything different? Remember, multiplayer only.

These bugs are related to a more serious issue that i have just identified. Currently doing a lot of tests to validate the correctness of the problem. After having done the required validations, i will send a report to ED documenting the issue. Keep posted.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Guys, I'm talking about the built in mission editor triggers, not triggers run by scripting. Are you saying that bug 31682 - Client groups not accessible in multiplayer.... is the cause of the mission editor trigger UNIT INSIDE ZONE not working?

UNIT INSIDE ZONE - Works if the unit is AI .... Does not work if the unit is a client....... is especially troublesome to me as it renders almost half of my existing missions to a non working state.

Update after installing patch ver. 1.5.2.49392

* UNIT INSIDE ZONE - Works if the unit is AI .... now works if the unit is a client.

I'll be testing the others later.

Great news ideed. Thanks for testing and reporting!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Hi

PART OF GROUP IN ZONE AND ALL OF GROUP IN ZONE don't work with only one plane in the group (Tested with Human player).

Version 1.5.2.49392

Thanks for testing. I've been so busy trying to repair all my old missions to account for all these trigger bugs that I haven't had much time to test further.

I've experienced that "unit in zone" works for AI and works if there is only 1 player in each flight (if you want more players you have to copy/paste the flight in the old way).

If you put more than 1 player in the flight the trigger is broken.

That is in multiplayer, in single it is always fine.

L.

• 1 month later...

How is the situation in 1.5.3 release? I very need these in multiplayer for client flights even if there is just 1 client connected in a 4client group:

PART OF GROUP IN ZONE

ALL OF GROUP IN ZONE

UNIT INSIDE ZONE

and

OUT OF ZONE

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I confirm bug

Triggers Conditions:

PART OF GROUP IN ZONE

OR

PART OF GROUP IN ZONE

OR

PART OF GROUP IN ZONE

for AIs flight members is not working in SP at all. (v1.5.3)

edit#2

PART OF GROUP IN ZONE

for client flight member (a flight of 4 client units, tested as 1 client) is not working in MP at all (v.1.5.3.)

Edited by Shaman
more information

tail# 44 or 444

• 1 month later...

Bump.

I have been gone for over a month. Any improvements?

tail# 44 or 444

Sorry to say my friend, it is unlikely that a fix will be available soon. There may be workarounds. Do you know mist?

[/TABLE]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is it working in 1.5.4 ?

This bug is definitely a PITA for mission building...

Guys, I have the solution for all these people, but you'll have to learn a bit of lua. Tomorrow I will do a little write-up how to use the moose (Mission Object Oriented Scripting Environment) framework implementing some easy lua scripts to test a variety of zones beyond the circle to polygons etc.

As a warm up, have a look at this video...

[ame]

[/ame]

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 mobile

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it's very frustrating for me too. I have missions that worked prior to the last patch and the hotfix and now they won't work. So stuff gets broken then fixed then broken then fixed again. I hope that they're working to resolve a lot of the broken scripting and triggering issues.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agree that COALITION AIRCRAFT IN ZONE would be super helpful. :thumbup:

That ^^^ is primarily why I use Mist. Variations of this simple script are quite useful.

I DO AGREE with you feefifofum - it would be a lot simpler than having to code it ourselves, like below:

mist.flagFunc.units_in_zones{ 
units = {'[blue][plane]'}, 
zones = {'Test Zone'}, 
flag = 50107, 
zone_type = 'cylinder', 
}

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.