Data link and finding targets

m1tp2king

hi. I know how to create targets with the data link. also wingmen can locate and identify targets, and they show on the ABRIS no problem.

But, say I see a target ( e.g. vehicle ) on the ABRIS. is there a way to make the Shkval zoom to the target ? so I can attack it.

If it's in the manual can you tell me which page, thanks.

Sure just watch the tracking gate of the shkval on the abris map as you move it left and right and move it up and down. Assuming I am understanding the question correctly, a target has already been identified and designated as a target on the Abris map...

As far as zoom, you have two different levels - I believe it is x7 and x23 for the tv display.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I know how to move the tracking gate and see it move on the ABRIS manually. but my question is this. is there an automatic way by pressing a button that will zoom the Shkval to the selected target on the ABRIS ?

thanks.

No not automatically.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

in the game you can send targets to wingmen using the data link, order wingmen to engage those targets.

also you can automatic ingress to target.

But you cant zoom the skhval automatically to a data linked target shown on the ABRIS ???

No. However the target is identified and it is displayed on the ABRIS, or at least the known location at the time it was identified. Then just use the shkval to locate the target in the tv display, lock on and fire. Of course the target could have moved since it was identified and stored on the ABIS as well, so may have to look around some.

But no, not automatic way to lock onto a spot that was identified where the target was at the time. Cause really that is what it is doing, locking on to that particular spot.

Don B

Am I missing something? I use the datalink ingress function to automatically slew the skhval to the target all the time.

Me to, just been awhile since I have done it, so I didn't want to speak up.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

*** Laser must be on ***

1. Reset the targeting system (backspace key).

2. Select target with datalink panel.

3. Press ingress button on datalink panel.

4. Uncage skhval (o key, I think -- mine is mapped to joystick).

Skhval automatically slews to target.

Edit: This is how I do it. There may be other ways. Also, I am writing this from memory, so hopefully I didn't forget a step.

Edited by ajax

Interesting I will have to give that a try, thanks! Obviously I still have a lot to learn on the KA-50!

Don B

• ED Team
*** Laser must be on ***

1. Reset the targeting system (backspace key).

2. Select target with datalink panel.

3. Press ingress button on datalink panel.

4. Uncage skhval (o key, I think -- mine is mapped to joystick).

Skhval automatically slews to target.

Edit: This is how I do it. There may be other ways. Also, I am writing this from memory, so hopefully I didn't forget a step.

You can also automatically slew the Shkval to a TGT point on the PVI. If someone reads you coordinates over the radio (or TeamSpeak ;)), and you type them in properly into the PVI as a TGT point, when you select that TGT on the PVI, you will get an azimuth indicator in the top of your HUD, and a range to that point in the bottom of the HUD. If you uncage your Shkval, it will slew to that location (assuming the location is within the slew limits of the Shkval of course).

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

everything explained here, there is nothing more to add:

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

Modules: KA-50, Mig-21, SU-27, Mi-8

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe