How do you complete the 1st mission?

USAFMTL

The first 3 times were my fault, the last time I got all the targets AND I did not go past the FEBA. I landed, left the mission, does not let me go to the 2nd mission. Am I supposed to taxi to my spot? I would like to know the mission parameters to pass to get a successful mission.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

I just had to land.

Did you overfly the container?

Did you kill anyone while they were on the other side of the FEBA?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Yeah, like others say. You just have to finish your flight and land at Nellis. When I turned out to the taxiway at the end of the runway it gave me mission success.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Yeah, like others say. You just have to finish your flight and land at Nellis. When I turned out to the taxiway at the end of the runway it gave me mission success.

Matt is the authority on this, but that's my experience, too.

Don't enter the Container, cross the FEBA or fly over Tonopah. Make sure you land and taxi to parking (ideally, return to the same apron as you started at).

This is the first lesson if you where to join the military...Try and stick to the mission plan / briefing. Stay on station 0855 to 0935 cap 25k 29k Block (Height) etc..

I Like it a lot!..Feels like your part of a bigger plan. Remember you would never be alone gun in most situations? unless it's a bad plan!

Like learning to fly in RL and talking to ATC or just in general I guess.

Who am I?

Where am I?

What Information?

What do I want to do? or meant to do military....etc

Looking forward to the combined A10C missions too.:)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David OC first lesson I learned in the military, no plan survives first contact.

I fly the mission again and taxi to my spot. I didn't do that last time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

[sigpic][/sigpic]

David OC first lesson I learned in the military, no plan survives first contact.

heh! yeap : )

and, in THIS mission, the briefing says don't shoot unless shot at first - then when you're on station, you hear that a 3-ship has crossed the FEBA and you're cleared to engage

???

that was confusing ----- i haven't been shot at but i'm cleared to engage? well, lets see here.. i'm flying an eagle, i've got all these missiles, they're right there.. and i have clearance ---- LETS GO! >: )

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well as far as that goes that is not confusing. The rules of engagement are for when they cannot communicate with an AWACS. So those ROE's are put into place so pilots know what to do in case something happens. At any time the airborne controller can say "hey these aircraft are crossing the forward edge of battle, engage them."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Edited by USAFMTL

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I too had to taxi most of the way to my parking spot before I got mission complete. Just make sure not to cross into The Container aka Area-51 or the FEBA. Sounds like you just didn't taxi far enough though.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

I got the 'mission complete' as soon as my AC stopped after leaving the runway.