CAS Infinity Nevada

#######################

CAS / CAP INFINITY NEVADA

#######################

In this live fire excercise....

Battlegroups of Russian ground forces are scattered within the AO. A-10C, SU-25A/T, and KA-50 aircraft are tasked to deal with this threat. All fixed wing attack aircraft are taking off from Creech AFB while helicopters take off from Groom Lake AFB.

F-15C, Mirage 2000C and MiG-21Bis aircraft are to provide CAP, engaging any hostile fighters approaching the area.

All fighters take off from Nellis AFB.

Intelligence are surveying and analyzing the AO from satellite and drone recon images and will be relaying their findings to all flights operating in the area.

All flights have the possibility to call in smoke markers and illumination boms over any given target.

Creech AFB can be used for refuelling and rearming.

Tankers Texaco (KC-135) and Arco (S-3B) can also be used for refuelling. They will be running a racetrack pattern east to west, 23nm south of the AO at rougly 16 000ft MSL . Texaco can be located on TACAN 44X and they can both be contacted on UHF 251Mhz AM.

AWACS Darkstar will relay any threat information on 124Mhz AM.

###PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE###

You need to know how to make use of coordinates in your aircraft of choice. Coords will be given in both LAT/LON and MGRS/UTM formats.

If you fly an SU-25 you will have to rely on bearing / range from bullseye calls to find your targets. When you think you are close, you can request illumination bomb and smoke on the target and scan your surroundings with MK1 Eyeball to find the target spot. You can also use "mouse over" on the F10 Map View and look at the cursor coords to try to find the general area of the target.

###MISC/ABOUT###

You can continue to request new random taskings forever. There is no mission end.

Every CAS target group is created with a randomized number (between 3-6) of vehicles of randomized type and skill.

Vehicle categories that are randomized are Mobile AAA's, IR-SAM's, APC/IFV's and MBT's.

When the number of vehicles are set for the current group, there will also spawn #vehicles*3 soldiers to the group.

If a unit is spawned in, in a place that makes it impossible to see or to hit, due to possible bugged clipping etc. you can always choose to skip the current objective via F-10 radio menu option, to get a new objective.

Every time a new CAP tasking is requested, 1-2 air threats spawn in and will engage any airborne units in the AO. Protect your tankers and AWACS! Currently, air threats is randomized between MiG-27K's and MiG-29A's.

Download here

Edited by chrisofsweden
Added DL link

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thanks! I worked on this today. I got it to work. I can get you what I did so you can look at it. I had everything working and I was testing the triggers after the first two. After entered the 3rd trigger I kept getting errors. It was the drop down selection "On Destroy" I give you full credit in my mission and even named it accordingly, 16th_ACCW_Range_Training_Using_chrisofsweden_CASInfinity.miz

This way if you see it up on the server list the credit is all yours. I will PM you the server PW so you can join up if you see it up.

Thanks for the invitation! Post or PM me your mission and I'll take a look at it, what the errors stems from. I don't use any "ON DESTROY" triggers in any of my missions. Maybe in the past, but not in my recent missions anyway :) They're basically all Switched Conditions.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

v1.01 released. Link is the same.

*I think I fixed issues with smoke and illumination flares not working if people trigger them too often/at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in here and say thank you for your work. Its a good mission, and absolutely great for training. I'll be using this one from now on with training for some of our guys in the A10. It covers a lot of skills required for learning the air frame.

Cheers for the good mission.

EDIT: Didn't read the thread title, even thou this is the Nevada thread, i only tried the 1.5 version (Caucasus) but if its anything like that one, its a good mission.

Edited by Steggles

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Thank you so much Steggles! Always nice to hear from people appreciating the effort!

Yes, I know the mission is not really a realistic war time "scenario". It's more like a"semi casual" war game and practice. I like that the group placement is totally random, within a larger area at least. It does not kill the fun for the mission creator either. I also like how you can choose to use the CDU in the A-10 for entering coords and such and find your targets, or just leave it and go by the Bulls reference and look with MK1 eyeball.

Yes, this mission is basically the same scenario as the "CAS Infinity Randomized" and "CAS Infinity Randomized East" which are both in Caucasus but different regions.

Again, thanks! And do try "Defend the Storage Depot", another mission of mine which I put alot of effort into. You can play it alone, CAS only, but it might be a little bit cumbersome. I'd recommend beeing two CAS flyers. You can also fly CAP in it if you wish.

The Rat Pack flew this mission today with 4 A-10Cs and found it to be the type of mission we are always looking for. Good mix of tasking assignments and targets to improve our skills and group tactics. The randomized tasking assignments will keep things interesting for future runs as well. This is a keeper and we will certainly be running it again soon. Thanks for your contribution.:thumbup:

Thanks guys! Appreciation is always a huge motivator to continue refining and coming up with new ideas and developing new content!

My current plans, as soon as I have the time, is to add more content to Defend the Storage Depot. I had transport helis and some sort of task for them in mind.

Their task should be meaningful to the mission but the lack of them should not hinder the mission either. I've yet to come up with something good. Do you have any ideas? All suggestions and ideas are appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

1.62 Bugfix update:

Fix - After you skipped a task, the mission would not recognize when any following tasking completed.

A real JTAC unit which can provide 9-line an/or lase targets...

Since ground target groups are spawned in randomly and dynamically via scripting, the JTAC would also have to be. I'm positive I could accomplish spawning a reaper JTAC above the target area, but I'm not sure I can define what marking action it would use... I can look in to it.

Edited by chrisofsweden

What if you placed a late activation unit with all the setting's set up in the ME, and activate it at the same time as the tasking is given, at the same time as the hostiles? I've used this method before and it worked pretty good.

I've even used the same one for multiple groups and the only thing I didn't like was the 'No further tasking available' when no hostile groups were currently spawned. This would stop thou once one of its targets were active again.

EDIT: While I've never tried it, I'm pretty sure that the marking etc can be set but the unit has to have correct conditions to work properly (LOS on aircraft and targets for type 1, LOS on target only for type 2, and LOS on none for type 3) and I think that effects what marks can be placed on target.

Edited by Steggles

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Ok I just tried a simple test set up only in ME. There currently seem to be a bug in DCS, at least in 1.5.3. JTAC won't lase anything... Tested with both a Reaper AFAC and ground JTAC. No go. :/

EDIT: I'll take a look at Ciribob's JTAC AUTO Laze script and see how that works.

Edited by chrisofsweden

Ok I just tried a simple test set up only in ME. There currently seem to be a bug in DCS, at least in 1.5.3. JTAC won't lase anything... Tested with both a Reaper AFAC and ground JTAC. No go. :/

EDIT: I'll take a look at Ciribob's JTAC AUTO Laze script and see how that works.

I used this previously and modified it thus the jtac prioritizes SAMs... Worked quite good with 1.2.x. Never tested it with 1.5...

I used this previously and modified it thus the jtac prioritizes SAMs... Worked quite good with 1.2.x. Never tested it with 1.5...

Yes it would be good if the JTAC prioritized e.g. IR SAMS in a column of different vehicles.

I'll see what I can come up with. Struggling a bit with the JTAC bit in the CTLD script, but the JTAC Auto Laze script works nicely. Perhaps I'll end up removing all JTAC functionality in the CTLD script and just use the stand alone Auto Laze script...

As long as the laser code is clearly defined (maybe same code as the mirage 2000 one) so that the bombs dropped but the A10C don't get jammed.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Here is my modified script. Maybe this helps...

I'll take a look at it, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Here is my modified script. Maybe this helps...

The autolaze script is old. its now integrated and managed in CTDL last patch couple days ago ---> start and stop the jtac with a simple command!

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

ALso what i did for JTAC i placed a reaper in the AO zone integrated CTDL Script (they work both together without any failures) i configured CTDL so the JTAC can laze 20km disabled all messages. Priority is set to "vehicles". Works like a charm flying the mirage drop bombs on random tasking just awsome.

i also managed to get a SEAD AO for Su25t and other sead capable planes. spawns SA19, and Kubs far away so it dont interupts the CAS/CAP tasking

We have now Infinit CAS, CAP, Troop extract Transport(CTDL) for UH and Mi's and Infini SEAD Thanks again for this awesome Mission chrisofsweden

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE