Track IR 5 stopped working after software update to 5.4.1

I posted on NP's forums yesterday but no answer yet, thought it might be worthwhile to post here as well.

I updated the software to 5.4.1. version and the device went offline completely. Multiple re-installations didn't help. Windows (7) says the driver is successfully installed (although says version is 2.70 from 2012) and the device is ready for use but Naturalpoint software doesn't detect it. I tried different USB ports but same result, the two LED's are just blinking once in amber and that's it. The TrackIR software is giving me following message:

Clip_zpsbxbnhuda.jpg

Did my device just died on me?

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Same story. The only difference is that Windows tells that it can perform faster on another port.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Does anyone have older drivers? Unfortunately I don't keep any previous version of the software. The last one I've had (and was working fine) was 5.1.3.

=RvE=

This is a long shot. But maybe do the uninstall. Then run CCleaner, and remove any registry "dingle berries" that remain for the TrackIR install.

Then retry your install.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks for the advice but that didn't improve the situation. I've addressed the issue to NP, waiting for their feedback.

=RvE=

Not yet but will do.

EDIT: Just tried with software version 5.3.0 and still the same behavior :(

Edited by =RvE=Tito

=RvE=

Some feedback from the troubleshooting:

- tried the device on a second computer with 5.2. software installed - all works fine

- tried the device on a third computer after fresh installation of the latest 5.4. - device is not detected by the software and throws the same communication error message. Note - I forgot to mention that v5.4. along with the drivers and stuff installs some "Runtime-VC-#!@!%^bla-bla- x86" library or whatever.

- since the installer for 5.2. was not available on the computer it was installed I rar-ed the whole Naturalpoint folder. Uninstalled 5.4 from my PC then I unpacked the rar-ed NP 5.2. folder as installed from other PC in my PC's Program files(x86) folder. I launched the software manually and voila - everything works absolutely fine. I was thinking that some registry entries might in conflict or missing or whatever but seems not be the case.

I will feedback this to NP, though I'm yet to receive any kind of support after I submitted my query. For the moment I'm happy with this solution but nevertheless - does anyone have the 5.2. or earlier installer of the TrackIR software? Just for reference I'm running on Windows 7 Pro Service pack 1.

=RvE=

Try : With the camera connected uninstall the driver unplug the camera and restart your computer then plugg in the camera again.

Sent fra min SM-T805 via Tapatalk

My Computer: i7 6850K OC 4.5 GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X, on a MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon MB all watercooled w/3 pumps and outdoor cooler, 1x Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, 1x Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB, SSD 2x450GB, 6 TB HDD's, Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q 2560x1440 IPS, 30~165hz, Win 10 PRO 64bit.

I upgraded to 5.4.1 the other day. Works great. I like that it works without admin mode finally, and it's nice that it properly binds joystick buttons.

When I installed it I removed everything I could find relating to the old install, and backed up the profiles. One thing I also removed was the separate "naturalpoint 64 bit drivers" before I did the 5.4.1 install. I don't remember the exact version I upgraded from, something in the 5.2s.

If you tried another computer with a totally fresh install and it didn't work that's strange. Maybe its some weird hardware problem.

Unfortunately it turned out that indeed the problem is in my hardware. I purchased the device on eBay from a seller from Hong Kong. Well all fine, except that the product I've been sold is not genuine as Naturalpoint advised. And it seems that the new software is inhibiting the device from working if it doesn't detect valid device serial number. Who would think about that? The device was on sold as 'new' and hell was even priced similarly. Naturalpoint were very supportive but thay can't do anything since the product I have is counterfeit.

So now I'm going back to eBay to chase my rights. Unfortunately 15 months passed since my purchase and who knows what can be done.. Thanks anyway for everyone's inputs.

Edited by =RvE=Tito

=RvE=