MS Flight Sim X

hey guys where do u get the addons for FS 2004?

I sow many plains, wich were not in standard release

I have my favourites from http://www.captainsim.com and http://www.fsd-international.com

I also have some 3rd party scenery addons which were completely free, I got them from http://www.avsim.com - you definately should visit that site.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can look around 3d cockpit and zoom, both work. Then look the other way and zoom still works. Maybe I don't understand you precisely.

Guys, don't worry about these bugs, its beta-demo. F.e. that graphical effects 'plane casts shadows on itself' doesn't work for me, if I turn this on, my plane is grey. It's pretty much beta, oh yeah. But a good beta anyway.

Sorry, I was wrong what cause the zoom problem. Press "`" for atc window and turn it off, then try zooming. For me it stops working.

I have my favourites from http://www.captainsim.com and http://www.fsd-international.com

I also have some 3rd party scenery addons which were completely free, I got them from http://www.avsim.com - you definately should visit that site.

I like Captainsim too. Their MiG-21UM is much better than Lago MiG for me.

Other noteworth are PMDGs Boeings family.

Sorry, I was wrong what cause the zoom problem. Press "`" for atc window and turn it off, then try zooming. For me it stops working.
The "main window" needs focus, otherwise the zoom keys do not work. They keys are applied to the active window.

In classic MSFS, with the 2D cockpit panels, this made some sense.

Just click on the screen with the mouse to refocus the "main window" and use the zoom keys.

The "main window" needs focus, otherwise the zoom keys do not work. They keys are applied to the active window.

In classic MSFS, with the 2D cockpit panels, this made some sense.

Just click on the screen with the mouse to refocus the "main window" and use the zoom keys.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the ALT menu once first exposed?

I have no idea either.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the ALT menu once first exposed?

Press and Hold ALT button for 2 seconds.

tail# 44 or 444

I have my favourites from www.captainsim.com and www.fsd-international.com

I also have some 3rd party scenery addons which were completely free, I got them from www.avsim.com - you definately should visit that site.

Two questions:

Is this new MSFX backwards compatible with aircraft add-ons made for MSFS 2004?.

If so can these be used with the demo?

Sorry if these are dumb questions - I have absolutely no clue about MSFS :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Two questions:

Is this new MSFX backwards compatible with aircraft add-ons made for MSFS 2004?.

Cheers,

- JJ.

It looks like most will work although some may have a few hiccups.

Managed to squeeze in a few addons .. not bad even though some gauges aren’t working.

fsxmx4.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

It looks like most will work although some may have a few hiccups.

Thanks Cosmonaut :) .

I bought the MiG-29K addon from IRIS(as I would) because I felt that anyone featuring this aircraft deserves my support.....but I have never owned any MSFS product, so I haven't had a chance to have a look at it yet :D .

Maybe I should give that demo a try then :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

LOL You bought the package and you don't even have MSFS! Now that's dedication!

It really is amazing though. I assume you got the complete pacakge with the carrier and such? Landing on it is a challenge, and the FM, visuals, and effects on the Mig are superb! You might not get what you expect in FX10 though, I hope you're not plagued with Performance problems from the sim itself in the first place. You also won't be able to try out the ship, as they aren't located in the area St. Maartin is (the demo area).

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Two questions:

Cheers,

- JJ.

The good news is, yes the previous FS2004 addons are supposed to be compatible with FS X to some degree which means some features of the advanced ones (addons) may not work.

The better news is, that FS X SDK will be released on FS X release day. Captainsim (professional addon developer) already annouced they'll be upgrading their fleet of addon flyables to FS X standards starting with the 757. These new versions (upgrades) will be available for free for their customers, which is really nice ( I have their C-130 and MiG-21 )

tail# 44 or 444

LOL You bought the package and you don't even have MSFS! Now that's dedication!

Hehe.....yeah :D .

It really is amazing though. I assume you got the complete pacakge with the carrier and such?

Yes :) .

Landing on it is a challenge, and the FM, visuals, and effects on the Mig are superb! You might not get what you expect in FX10 though, I hope you're not plagued with Performance problems from the sim itself in the first place. You also won't be able to try out the ship, as they aren't located in the area St. Maartin is (the demo area).

Thanks for the heads-up :) . Well I don't really expect anything mate - except to see the MiG-29K model flying :) . Bummer about the Kuz though :D.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

The good news is, yes the previous FS2004 addons are supposed to be compatible with FS X to some degree which means some features of the advanced ones (addons) may not work.

The better news is, that FS X SDK will be released on FS X release day. Captainsim (professional addon developer) already annouced they'll be upgrading their fleet of addon flyables to FS X standards starting with the 757. These new versions (upgrades) will be available for free for their customers, which is really nice ( I have their C-130 and MiG-21 )

Yes I saw that from the link you posted earlier - the mention of upgrading them to FS X was what made me uncertain about whether FS2004 addons were compatible or not :) . But I understand that this is more to take advantage of new features of FS X(?).

Anyway, nice touch to provide free upgrades for their products :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

All in all, it reminds me of fs2002, yes it was new, but nothing more than slightly updated graphics and flyables. Actually pretty amazing, considering how much resources MS has, yet they deliver so little in comparison to, for example lock on. X-plane is according to their own opinion the best sim, well, I find it too twitchy for fast movers, as it lacks all kind of artificial FCS, and therefore has 'nervous' flight models. Il-2 was nice, until I lost track of it a year ago with all the add-ons. F-4 is antique, but still nice if you're in the mood for some retarded fanboy-ism (I like the fact that you can fly any plane you want, doing some aerobatics), but heck, there are people that think that waiting 15 min for the INS to allign everytime they fly (doing it once is no biggie) is fun :|. Then you have Wings over Vietnam/Europe, the FMs of the F-4 and A-4 seem to be realistic (if not forgetting to set the realism settings in the menu before ranting about 'arcade' FMs), but all the other flyables lack any sophistication flight model wise. And even in Wings over Europe, where the Harrier has some damage moddeling (about the same as the DG3 in Orbiter :P), it still lacks a d%mn ejection seat, and this is bugging me ever since I tried SF:P1, and they still haven't added not even something simple as lomac's seats.

So, generally speaking, lomac is the best (combat) flight sim, as MSFS series too lack proper dynamics, I would say the su-25T and later, the Ka-50 would set a new standard, a standard that Microsoft, in their giant HQ (lol) isn't aware of for over a year, thus delivering us 'as real as it gets' without AFM or anything special. But I guess that's the price you have to pay for moddability.

Heh, just discovered a new version of Orbiter was out (may 2006), so that's my nr. 2 sim right now, although the joystick controls are horrid.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Yes I saw that from the link you posted earlier - the mention of upgrading them to FS X was what made me uncertain about whether FS2004 addons were compatible or not :) . But I understand that this is more to take advantage of new features of FS X(?).

Anyway, nice touch to provide free upgrades for their products :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

Nice..I got the c130 and its become my current favourite..

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

Lago Mi-24 works fine for me in the fsX demo. No transparent textures at all.

It complains about the gauge used for the ADF is no longer supported in this version of MSFS but seems to work anyway.

I have seen the 'black windows" issue in the stock demo a/c though - sometimes change view and back fixes it for me...othertimes a restart of the demo.

I have the Mi-8 too - lemme try that and Ill let you know if I get it working....

Im just peeved that my Alphasim TSR.2 works all fine but for some reason the screen resolution resets to 1024x768 when I fly it :S

(As a sidenote: i have the addictive VC-10 which has transparent wings...Im missing a texture...somewhere!!)

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk