How are you handling SAMs now?

Xavven

After the last patch, in 1.5.3, I'm finding that my mavericks don't lock on until much shorter distances. While approaching a lone SA-8 (Osa), my AGM-65H was not locking onto it at a distance of about 6.5 nm (this was in the caucuses map). By that time, I had 2 SAM launches coming my way.

I can kill it with force-correlate, but I've often heard repeated on this forum that DCS modeled that to have an unrealistically high accuracy.

So I'm wondering now, is there a realistic way for an A-10C to destroy an SA-8? Or are we supposed to call in SEAD and wait on the sidelines? Is using an AGM-65K with force-correlate a realistic option?

There is an issue with Mavericks right now that may or may not be related to what you are experiencing.......

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162687

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I think D's will be better than H's, they lock on targets from greater distance.

Oh wow, you are completely right. I just switched from the H to the D, and the lock on range is much better. No more issues with the Osa.

I'm going to fly against a Tor and then a Tunguska next. Wish me luck.

Alright, with the AGM-65D, I can outrange SA-8 (Osa), SA-15 (Tor), and SA-19 (Tunguska) without force correlate from medium altitude (15000 AGL).

SA-11 (Buk) still outranges me, but there's no surprise there, and obviously an SA-10 does as well.

The Delta Mav's don't have Force Corrolate AFAIK.

Tryed it multiple times back in Version 1.2.XXX

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

The Delta Mav's don't have Force Corrolate AFAIK.

Tryed it multiple times back in Version 1.2.XXX

You're correct. Force correlate is only on the G, H, and K in DCS.

I would love to have a maverick with semi-active laser guidance, though. I wonder if a true 12nm shot could be achieved with that.

That, and laser guided hydra rockets. http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/apkws-ii-hellfire-jr-hydra-rockets-enter-sdd-phase-02193/

Okay, and while we're at it, I'd love a HMCS. But that's for another thread. Oh well.

Take a look at this diagram, it may explain why you now have to be pointed at the target for mavs to not lose track. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2718340&postcount=6

Thank-you, sir. That may indeed solve the problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]