Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Actually, Inateck said on their Forums... If you are on WIN10, dont use their driver... Use the one which comes with Win10.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

The driver's on their CD are a Year+ Old, at least they were for me.

I never use CD Drivers anymore, goto Website and download the latest.

Usually the default drivers on the Windows Server are the best ones, however most of the time it's just drivers and not control panels or tuning software that usually come with the device etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That's interesting to hear, I have the Inateck card and have a few occasions when my screen went black ( though could still hear the game ).

I unplugged the USB cable fromthe card and chose another slot. That seemed to solve the issue but will see if it re occurs.

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I usually do the same and throw the CD in the corner - don't think I did on this occasion - it may well have downloaded them from the CD prog, I'm not sure.

Anyway - I put the Renesas card back in today and guess what? The HMD works just great, but Oculus refuses to accept it for the sensor, regardless that it was working fine last time (been at least one update since then) and was still working well, even when the Oculus software was saying it wasn't!

Anyway, I plugged the sensor into a motherboard USB3 slot and since then all has been great.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

That's interesting to hear, I have the Inateck card and have a few occasions when my screen went black ( though could still hear the game ).

I unplugged the USB cable fromthe card and chose another slot. That seemed to solve the issue but will see if it re occurs.

Hey just an FYI. I had exactly the same problem, sound but no visuals. Message that HDMI not connected. Found that the Rift's HDMI cable has bent pins. Very hard to see. Magnifying glass or take a macro pic... Working with OR customer support to get a new cable sent to me.

Hope this helps.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Hey just an FYI. I had exactly the same problem, sound but no visuals. Message that HDMI not connected. Found that the Rift's HDMI cable has bent pins. Very hard to see. Magnifying glass or take a macro pic... Working with OR customer support to get a new cable sent to me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up. I did have a close look at the pins and they all seem OK ( but hard to see really ). SO far all seems good but if I get any further issues I will try and contact support.

Cheers!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Just a heads up from someone on our team...this is certainly not the ONLY cause of this problem, but if you get to the point in the setup where it says "continue in the Rift" (ie it wants you to do the focusing / pupil distance thing) and...your rift is dark...

Make sure you don't have "display link" installed. This is often used for people with nonstandard monitors and/or docking stations (certain laptops).

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

I just received my VR Lens Lab inserts and tested them and they are great.

Here is a quick video about the actual fit, as some on reddit were unhappy:

https://youtu.be/LDshNFgB2m8

I am absolutely gobsmacked after testing! My picture inside the Rift is many times better with the VR Lens Lab inserts than without. No question. The Blueguard coating doesn't seem to affect anything and the only issue I have is with fogging - which I have without the lenses, too. We do have some high humidty atm though - and that'll probably be the cause.

Well impressed!

Thank you Brixmis, question for you. Are you near sighted (can see things up close w/o glasses) and flew with Rift w/o glasses?

I ordered mine and am wondering.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Well I had another issue come up last night in DCS with the displays going blank again.

@lobo, have you had the blank screen happen in other programs? I will have to do more testing but the night before I played Adrift for quite a while without any crash but last night just playing DCS caused a crash within10-15 minutes.

Thank you Brixmis, question for you. Are you near sighted (can see things up close w/o glasses) and flew with Rift w/o glasses?

I ordered mine and am wondering.

I'm definitely not near-sighted! See my specs (pun not intended) in the pic.

But honestly, this has made a huge difference to my Rift experience. Despite how good it is, I was reluctant to put the device on before, but now I can't wait until my next session. All clear (i.e. the sweet spot is now much larger, and further objects can be viewed without strain) and no headaches at all. :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

You can use something called anti-mist to cut down the amount of fogging you're getting Brixmis. It's available from places ike Halfords, and is designed for bikers and the like.

Just put a little on a cloth and polish the lenses. I would check it is OK for use with the Rift before coating the lenses on the rift, but for the inserts - which are presumably made of glass or polycarbonate there shouldn't be an issue.

Alternatively, just use spit the same way. Not as effective, but it works.

To give an update on the InaTeck USB Card on Win 10.

- Uninstalled the Driver via the remove software tab and shut down the computer.

- Removed the Card.

- Started the system again, checked if the driver is gone.

- Shut down the system

- Install the card again, power up and let Windows handle driver installation

The Device Manager shows now the USB Card with an additional (Microsoft) Tag at the end.

Didnt had a single Rift / USB 3 issue yesterday.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Pleased to hear that. :thumbup:

Neil, being a biker (if an old one with a blue badge...) I have such anti-fogging preps at home, but I am reluctant to use them just yet. Spit is likely to mush things up a bit, though.

We'll see...

MyFazerThou_zpspj92gkiy.jpg

Kneeboard Guides

They are very good - make a great device even better.

I can't tell you how long they take to deliver after ordering - I was a KickStarter backer, so I was waiting a couple of months or more.

How long the actual delivery takes, I don't know either, as they didn't send the email with my tracking number etc, but must have been inside of a week.

You can request 'priority' delivery, though.

Edit: It was sent on the 13th July - so took 6 days, including a weekend.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Well I had another issue come up last night in DCS with the displays going blank again.

@lobo, have you had the blank screen happen in other programs? I will have to do more testing but the night before I played Adrift for quite a while without any crash but last night just playing DCS caused a crash within10-15 minutes.

Yes, it is not just in DCS.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Hi

I've just downloaded the latest updated version,

using the P-51 how on earth do we get rid of those annoying big signs that magically appear when putting dot over them

also the dot/cross does go out of the cockpit and although i have mouse control(in VR menu)

it seems confused

highly frustrating

Hi

I've just downloaded the latest updated version,

using the P-51 how on earth do we get rid of those annoying big signs that magically appear when putting dot over them

also the dot/cross does go out of the cockpit and although i have mouse control(in VR menu)

it seems confused

highly frustrating

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2746202&postcount=1http://

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Options => Gameplay Tab => Tool Tips => Uncheck

However...in my game doing that doesnt get rid of the tool tips,at least it doesnt in the Gazelle.

On a side note, my issues with the rift crashing has now been escalated to their customer support, will see what they suggest ( Already had 2 replies from them asking me to try various things...here's a shocker ...they haven't worked... oh well third time lucky I guess... )

Options => Gameplay Tab => Tool Tips => Uncheck

However...in my game doing that doesnt get rid of the tool tips,at least it doesnt in the Gazelle.

On a side note, my issues with the rift crashing has now been escalated to their customer support, will see what they suggest ( Already had 2 replies from them asking me to try various things...here's a shocker ...they haven't worked... oh well third time lucky I guess... )

Forgive me if you've already been asked this, but how do you have the HDMI cable connected to your computer? Are you directly connected to the HDMI port, or are you going through an HDMI extension? I started having random blackouts when I tried using an extension cable. Did some searching on Google and found someone who said that using the same extension cable with a DVI to HDMI adapter fixed their problem. Seemed impossible that it would help, but I tried it, and it worked. Not sure if your situation is anything like that or not.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Forgive me if you've already been asked this, but how do you have the HDMI cable connected to your computer?

Thanks for the suggestion. My rift connects directly into the HDMI port on my Graphics cards ( ATI fury R9 ). So I don't have any extensions or adapters, other than the supplied Rift HDMI cable.

- A further side note...This is the third reply I have had from customer services... Given what is happening we're going to look into this further for you. That is going to take some time so plese be patient with us while we do that.

Hmmm, not very impressed. I emailed them back saying they should at least try sending me a new HMDI cable, if that doesn't work, my rift should be exchanged or I will ask for a refund!

I don't mind trouble shooting and so far have tried everything they have suggested along with everything else I have seen posted here and in other threads, but it comes to a point where I have bought their product, its not working as designed and I don't think its unreasonable to expect at least trying a different unit to see if that resolves things.

Not bad at all then. Thanks

Ordered my Vr Lenses Monday. Site still shows 7-10 days to finish Kickstarter orders before processing, but this has been up for a while so they might be current. My account says processing, but no tracking# yet.

I wear contacts, but I find the heat from the Rift dries them out fairly quickly. Also with lenses I should be able to make focal adjustments I can't with contacts so should be better.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+