[RESOLVED]Traffic Jam in Mission 03

sebbomann

Hey all, I might have found a fix for the radio and traffic problems. I opened up the mission in the mission editor (...mods...campaign...red flag...mission 3) and attempted to delete the sa -19s (hoping to simulate the Falcons actually doing their part). I found out that you can't save any changes in the editor but it seems that just opening the mission in the editor fixes all the radio and traffic issues. The mission worked flawless the next time I tried it.

I also changed the loadout in the mission briefing, but don't know if that had anything to do with the fix?

Please reply if this works for you.

No joy here, still stuck behind the F-15's, no ATC, no wingman.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, same problem. Mission 3, Hawg 2-2, my wingman, decides to park in front of the F-15's and take selfies in front of them indefinitely. This keeps the CAP and SEAD flights grounded, which I assume means that if I fly the mission as fragged, I get fragged myself by Red Air and IADS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe the F-15`s are just waiting for a BRTTT from behind :D

Did the first in line move in fear after that? :D

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

Lol at the above, I did the same thing.

Bought the campaign yesterday, finally got to the combat mission and am experiencing a traffic jam. Circled for 20 minutes and they never moved. Tried twice more, same issue.

DCS 161 (Recce) Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Bear in mind you have to wait quite a while to get pemission to taxing because of the number of flights in front of you.

I thought there was still a problem but once all the flights were airborne

you will get permission.

• ED Team

Correct wait for clearance,

if you taxi without clearance your wingman will wait until he is given clearance, and any flight still not in the air will wait until your wingman has caught up with you.

so in short wait for your turn :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

[RESOLVED]Traffic Jam in Mission 03

Hi

What I do is to ask for start up, then ask straightaway for taxi. No ATC answer. Then request takeoff. I start taxiin a bit. Abort takeoff towards ATC, then request again takeoff. And then the whole flight starts taxiing behind me. That's tricky but works, usually.

I get the ATC clearances later. I can't always wait for them cause I need to make my push time.

Gnouze

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Maybe all the aircraft are reluctant to take off because aircraft are coming in to land in the opposite direction? ;)

Takeoffs appear to be from 03, landings into 21.

Sorry, but I was intrigued by this choice. My understanding is that take offs and landings are (almost) always into wind. Or maybe it's actually this way in real life, a sort of military aviation game of "chicken"?

Kidding aside, loving this campaign as I fumble my way through it. The missions AND pdf briefings are excellent. Great work.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals