Colored roofs 1.1

Can someone out there make a JSGME version of this mod. Id like to try it but I keep getting all yellow or orange colored rooftops on my buildings so I know I'm doing something wrong.

I change the lau file for the distance, but having a JSGME version would be so much easier.

I found the best way to deal with the older DCS buildings was to redo all of the texture files, drop them into your temp textures folder, then copy and paste those textures into the block_textures.bmp/dds file, it's a huge amount of work but the end result is the same textures all the time regardless of the distances.

I released that as a Mod a couple of years ago, and I can see some of my textures in the images shown above, so somebody has been using it and copying it, or bits of it.

That's not a complaint, I'm happy that somebody found a use for it.

• 1 year later...

Does it works with the latest DCS version?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

The roofs should have more colors, I think

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

The roofs should have more colors, I think

+1 they still need some color love

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I think it can be done but its a much more complicated process now. The files for the buildings are in the Caucasus folder in Mods (The In Game Mods) in the vfstextures files, and you must be able to covert tif.dds files. Many of the files are in different sizes and you have to convert them all, in all sizes, its a lot of work.

I had a go at converting some ground texture files and failed miserably, all I get is large swathes of black land textures, but Mustang has had some success with his land Mod so it can be done. My software is VERY old and I'm not going to buy anything like new, I'm too old for that now.

My gut feeling is ED have made the buildings much less conspicuous in order to make the game run better for the low end computer players, which I understand, but if you have a high end machine and the right software I imagine you could do it.

Its over to you young bucks to get it done.

Thanks, Eddie, i leave it as it is

What about the telegraphic poles ?

I use to have them, all blue.

• 2 years later...

Are there any good artists (Picasso)? :D

In DCS 2.5.6 beta, it is possible to paint the roofs of houses (Lods). But the colored roofs are only visible from a height 1500 meters.

Not visible near.

643874566_roofs(1).thumb.jpg.3b8dd7489bf9f77651d5c982c853efd0.jpg

627463198_roofs(2).thumb.jpg.468623515f0bdf91e6f03a367d2fbd9f.jpg

Edited by Keshman

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Could you please upload the file ?

Could you please upload the file ?

File name: blockbuildings.varyhouselod4.1.diffusetexture.tif

Located here in the zip archive:

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Models\BlockBuildings\BlockBuildings.texture

And the same file is here

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Models\BlockBuildings\BlockBuildings.texture.min

After painting, return file to the archive.

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Do I need to edit both, texture and texture.min ?

Do I need to edit both, texture and texture.min ?

Add one file blockbuildings.varyhouselod4.1.diffusetexture.tif

to two archive files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...