SU-27 Engines will NOT Start

JimEllars

Just bought the SU-27. Already own the Mig21, A10C, KA50 and MI8. Have a Logitech Extreme Pro and CH Throttle. Never had any problems with controls on any of the above complex modules. However.....

The SU-27 engines will not start. I turn on electrical power (RShift+L), then Lights (RCTRL+L), then close cockpit (LCTRL+C), then I ensure that thrust/throttle axis is closed. I attempt to start engines with (RALT+Home) and (RCTRL+Home) and they will NOT start. I tried inverting the throttle, slider, etc. and nothing works.

When I go into the controls setup menu, all of the axes are working in the tune window. I even unplugged my throttle and tried to start with keyboard inputs and they still will NOT start.

Is there anything else I need to try? I use these same controls on all of the above complex modules without any problems.

EDIT: I think I solved it. I had to reduce the saturation of the throttle axis, it must not have been reaching zero when it was at 100% default setting.

Edited by JimEllars

Try autostartup. (Lalt + home)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make sure your throttle is at 0 when you press RAlt+Home & RCtrl+Home. I learnt that if the controls are no perfectly idle I cannot start the engines.

... or if switch off the "Synchronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS Controls at Mission Start" in the Options -> Misc.

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

The training missions seem to be bugged su25t ,no trim control and su27 no throttle control in both ac's start up missions.

I double checked this.

Loaded up the su25t start up and takeoff mission,full throttle control.

I then loaded up the su27 startup mission,no throttle control.

The su25t has no trim control either in the start up mission.

I wonder if we can have a downloadable module of the training missions before DCS World got updated and the training missions became full of bugs.

Edited by JellybeanTiger

The training missions seem to be bugged su25t ,no trim control and su27 no throttle control in both ac's start up missions.

I double checked this.

Loaded up the su25t start up and takeoff mission,full throttle control.

I then loaded up the su27 startup mission,no throttle control.

The su25t has no trim control either in the start up mission.

I wonder if we can have a downloadable module of the training missions before DCS World got updated and the training missions became full of bugs.

You could try the corrected training missions that MadDog-IC made :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/2877434/?sphrase_id=8425962

And report back.

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

Why doesn't ED fix these bugs when they update the sim?

This reminds me of Flanker 2.0.

When you updated it to 2.5 half the sim would go awol especially all the training missions.

Not good.

From what you describe, your issue is more than the training missions.

On my end, it works well (throttle / trim...). Missions load up well too.

You could try to repair your DCS World installation, I believe there is a tool for that in there.

Warthog + Pro Flight

Just bought the SU-27. Already own the Mig21, A10C, KA50 and MI8. Have a Logitech Extreme Pro and CH Throttle. Never had any problems with controls on any of the above complex modules. However.....

The SU-27 engines will not start.

EDIT: I think I solved it. I had to reduce the saturation of the throttle axis, it must not have been reaching zero when it was at 100% default setting.

That would fix it, as the default SU-27 start up training works flawlessly here with my X52 pro setup and keyboard commands.

Few people have been having issues with their hotas throttles not going to full idle 0% settings, so they might just need recalibrating in windows and or a tweak in DCS controller section as you have done. Very common for the SU class of aircraft as the throttle has to be at idle for motors to start.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

That would fix it, as the default SU-27 start up training works flawlessly here with my X52 pro setup and keyboard commands.

Few people have been having issues with their hotas throttles not going to full idle 0% settings, so they might just need recalibrating in windows and or a tweak in DCS controller section as you have done. Very command for the SU class of aircraft as the throttle has to be at idle for motors to start.

Regards, Ian.

Exactly, the issue sounds more hardware related than software.

Engines start up perfectly with the original training missions and my hardware setup.

Edited by Flow

Warthog + Pro Flight

First have to determine if it is a bug or a problem with just your installation, not to doubt you are having an issue, but as I have fully tested the whole Su-27 training missions only a few patches ago it is unlikely to be bugged, not impossible, but the original missions had very few issues.

Re-tried both of these uncorrected original mission in game it self and both worked fine.

Some times the control setups for some aircraft can become corrupted or don't update correctly with a patch adding, removing, or modifying the function of certain keys.

If users have unexplained issues with controls, it may time to rename your saved games folder and let DCS rebuilt the controls from the defaults or just backup the following folders to a temp directory and re run DCS to rebuild from defaults and re-setup controls back to way you had them and re-test that you have fixed issues.

c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Input\su-27\

c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Input\su-33\

c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Input\su-25T\

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Go to axis tune > Throttle > And then check if the throttle axis go's all the way to the sides.

Sometimes in my case the joystick is misaligned for some reason. Then ill have to close DCS and put my joystick in another USB or just reseat it.

It's only the su27 training start up mission that is affected,even the Page UP and Page DOWN keys don't work for the throttle in that training mission.

Can anyone test their keys and throttles for this mission?

Just installed the training and tested and it works fine. Your throttle won't move in-game until the engines have started, and the engines won't start unless your joystick is reading as fully idle; try moving your throttle to full then back to idle first, or decrease the throttle saturation a little in axis settings.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.