Multi crew questions and answers

Pat01

Maybe add a seat warmer...maybe a hula dancing girls on the dash....all in good time.

Fan and a cupholder please. A fan alone would be good, but if I didn't have to hold my FatDonalds cup while flying it'd really make the MI-8 guys look like chumps. :lol:

One caveat though. I don't want the copilot being able to sip my drink or put his cell phone in my cupholder because "The cord for the radio aux jack isn't long enough to put it anywhere else."

That'll only take like, a day, right? :megalol:

Waiting eagerly but patiently for the latest update!

Practice makes perfect.

You can use the standard formula :

dR/dt = [e^(Two more weeks) * i*ln(ie^2iPi) ] / "Sun Dec" * "Sun RA"^(Pi).

Before coming to DCS about 5 years ago, I played "Aces High" (hitechcreations.com) - WWII era - for quite a few years. "2 Weeks" was a standard line. Just a skeleton crew created it and maintained it in a small town in central Texas.

They had it so another player could sit in the lap of another pilot, single seat aircraft. Other player was invisible but he could watch the other guy move controls within the cockpit. Was great as a teaching tool.

They took it a step further where in multi-engine bombers like the B-17, one guy flew it, another guy could come on-board and man any of the gunner's positions and shoot at the attacking planes. I think the pilot also manned the bombardier position and he flew the plane about to get it in position for level bombing. Been thinking about playing that sim again. Used to be $15 per month covered everything.

Multi-crew! What a great idea. Now us married guys can get the wife involved instead of her complaining, have a date-night! LOL! Hope you guys are covered for litigation expenses due to spousal disagreements...

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never tried multiplayer nevermind multi-crew but this sounds a great feature. Maybe a stupid question but can one player be in VR whilst the other isn't?

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Good luck getting a cupholder...been asking for one for two years now. Apparently the "real" gazelle doesn't have one so we can't get one. Not sure about the fan though.

Fan and a cupholder please. A fan alone would be good, but if I didn't have to hold my FatDonalds cup while flying it'd really make the MI-8 guys look like chumps. :lol:

/QUOTE]

It should work fine. The sim doesn't really what you view is, it just knows it has essentially two cockpits to keep synced. I can test that though, since I have the CV1.

Never tried multiplayer nevermind multi-crew but this sounds a great feature. Maybe a stupid question but can one player be in VR whilst the other isn't?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Good luck getting a cupholder...been asking for one for two years now. Apparently the "real" gazelle doesn't have one so we can't get one. Not sure about the fan though.

/QUOTE]

It should work fine. The sim doesn't really what you view is, it just knows it has essentially two cockpits to keep synced. I can test that though, since I have the CV1.

Many thanks Poly, would be interesting to know. Would be great if there was a training squadron as training isn't easy in the rift as I believe they wait for keyboard input.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

So just finished a long testing day with the crew and one of the tests we ran was one Oculus Rift CV1 pilot and one normal pilot. I flew with the Oculus Rift CV1 and tested both pilot and commander positions. Test went well and was actually scary being in the commander seat with the CV1 on and having someone else fly.

But we confirmed that is is possible.

So just finished a long testing day with the crew and one of the tests we ran was one Oculus Rift CV1 pilot and one normal pilot. I flew with the Oculus Rift CV1 and tested both pilot and commander positions. Test went well and was actually scary being in the commander seat with the CV1 on and having someone else fly.

But we confirmed that is is possible.

Thanks for the test Poly, this sim just keeps getting better and better :thumbup:

Haha, it was funny how Poly_Roie at one point said "over there, to the right" and pointed right with his finger, as if Pat could see it! :D

Truly immmersive I guess. :)

EDIT: We need hand tracking and pilot hand animations! On the other hand.... that would create an awful lot of NSFW DCS videos! ;D

Edited by Aginor

Maybe with oculus touch controller we'll be able to do something. Will be cool.

Haha, it was funny how Poly_Roie at one point said "over there, to the right" and pointed right with his finger, as if Pat could see it! :D

Truly immmersive I guess. :)

EDIT: We need hand tracking and pilot hand animations! On the other hand.... that would create an awful lot of NSFW DCS videos! ;D