AAR - how does one know tanker air speed?

Gierasimov

True but still buggy

If you have any problems while refueling - connecting, etc - just make more practice.

After a few hours of flying and trying to refuel - you wont have any problems.

Now I don't care about tanker speed, it doesn't matter for me. Any speed I can refuel.

It needs more practice.

Yes you are right. My original question was related to the fact that boom "operator" does not operate the boom so I thought it was me doing something wrong (going too low, too slow, too fast) so I was looking for the possible problems.

It's just sometimes the boom is operated sometimes it is not, there is something like a trigger that activates the boom. When you get to a particular spot the boom suddenly changes its position in rather quick fashion and then it is operated into the connection, other times, perfectly flown pre-contact and the boom just doesn't move - almost like you have to fly into it for contact.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes you are right. My original question was related to the fact that boom "operator" does not operate the boom so I thought it was me doing something wrong (going too low, too slow, too fast) so I was looking for the possible problems.

It's just sometimes the boom is operated sometimes it is not, there is something like a trigger that activates the boom. When you get to a particular spot the boom suddenly changes its position in rather quick fashion and then it is operated into the connection, other times, perfectly flown pre-contact and the boom just doesn't move - almost like you have to fly into it for contact.

Operator moves the boom if you are in right position. There are maximum angles that boom can reach, little bit later I'll show you screenshot.

And, contact with operator can be broken if you're too far from boom zone, so thays why operator doesn't move the boom and you need to request refuel once again. Not a refuel but to tell him that youre ready to contact. Ofcorse, if you're in correct boom zone.

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Take pictures:)

refuel.thumb.jpg.fa06b843105adbf49e755e7772752a01.jpg

refuel2.thumb.jpg.47594287574becd3a5fba592c75d3956.jpg

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Allow me to bump these questions. Sierra99, I'd appreciate it if you could take a lot at them (or anyone else who knows the answer). :thumbup:

The information you seek is here...if the information here doesn't math the tanker you're flying against, modify the miz file so it does.

Also great info, thanks!

In that chart there's a column "Reverse A/R capable". Does that mean that the tanker could actually withdraw fuel from the (in that case not quite) receiver aircraft?

Plus there's a column "Boom interphone" - Does that mean that boom operator and receiver crew can talk over the intercom as long as the receiver is connected? Wow, I never even thought of that possibility.

I know all this thank you

Operator moves the boom if you are in right position. There are maximum angles that boom can reach, little bit later I'll show you screenshot.

And, contact with operator can be broken if you're too far from boom zone, so thays why operator doesn't move the boom and you need to request refuel once again. Not a refuel but to tell him that youre ready to contact. Ofcorse, if you're in correct boom zone.

That's also valid but I what I mean, is that even when you are in the correct spot / zone the behavior of boom operator differs as detailed in my last.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Going back to the thread's original question, and without making it sound like advertising:

I made this mod that allows you to add Tankers and AWACS to the SADL. In other words, you'll see them in the TAD and you can hook em up to get heading, Ground Speed (KGS), and Altitude. Keep in mind that you need to edit the mission to make it work.

SADL MOD

• Like 1