Destroyed targets and their smoke

Guest Cali

I think that it is things like this that really need to be looked into for BS. I really dont like the way the cluster munitions exlpode either, they look like bombs more than firecrackers (from what i have seen in some movies they look more like firecrackers)

Although isnt the smoke a 3d model, so couldnt we make several new models and have it radomize which one occurs (using the new pluggins?)

I just watched a video about a A-10 blow up ground targets. There was about 8-10 in a row and when he shot them, they all blow up and the smoke was the same height. And it would be nice to have random heights, it would look 100% better if it was different. Maybe someone can fix this with the add-on that ED as provided us with.

I'd just be happy if they increased the burn duration on vehicle size fires. Sucks when you're trying to use a hit vehicle to ID a target area and all of a sudden it's gone...

That would be nice to fix that as well, maybe double the time it burns.

Sucks when you're trying to use a hit vehicle to ID a target area and all of a sudden it's gone...
Just trash some nearby civilian building (naughty I know:music_whistling: ), they burn for a long time.

...they all blow up and the smoke was the same height.
I agree it looks very unreal. I try to add a fair amount of wind so that at least the smoke blows sideways. Increases the fun of hitting them in the first place too.......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

I totally agree with Cali.

I think it would be nice if smoke rised to proper height - a mile or so. If LOMAC can show AWACS trails hundred miles long for forever - then I think it shouldn't be problem to have "longer" smokes for longer period of time (10 minutes at least) ...

Yes, and smoke doesn't just 'stop' either! I mean that both in terms of the height to which the smoke rises, plus a vehicle doesn't just instantly stop burning and producing smoke. They could make the smoke thinner (texture more tranparent or something like that) over a random time and height, plus some slight randomness in how it drifts, just to make the smoke columns look more natural.

I have been asking them for improved explosions and smoke effects for a long time. Ed seem to think its not much of a priority now...so I guess we just have to wait. :(

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Missing the point I think!

:doh: Guys... This is an odd request... For a flight sim LockOn's details are top notch. The smoke thing is an odd request because how long are you loitering around the target to even notice that??

Just having the effect as is -is more then good enuff... Some of the detailed items people ask for regarding this game can be down right odd and unrealistic...(not saying this request or Idea is) You know this effect would be wasted since only 1% of the players will even notice it.

" I guess if you make the Lock Ons movie films for peoples for enjoy - you wants the Smokes" -Borat (That's going to be one funny movie) LOL!:lol:

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

:doh: Guys... This is an odd request... For a flight sim LockOn's details are top notch. The smoke thing is an odd request because how long are you loitering around the target to even notice that??

Just having the effect as is -is more then good enuff... Some of the detailed items people ask for regarding this game can be down right odd and unrealistic...(not saying this request or Idea is) You know this effect would be wasted since only 1% of the players will even notice it.

" I guess if you make the Lock Ons movie films for peoples for enjoy - you wants the Smokes" -Borat (That's going to be one funny movie) LOL!:lol:

I would say i highly disagree.

What if your the second wave of a attack and your looking for the smoke? Or what if your a fighter and your talking to a bomber trying to tell him where to go?

Second wave? Talking to Bombers? Are we still talking about Lock on?

The Ai in the game will know where to shot. NOW the FAC module that Eagle has talked about building were visuals are far more important then

that's a different story. But the cockpit base game... that's sounds like wasted CPU cycles...

In the flanker series Smoke from stacks drifted in the direction of the wind set in the MET screen. Not sure if that amazing feature is still in this current code base.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Second wave? Talking to Bombers? Are we still talking about Lock on?

The Ai in the game will know where to shot.

LOMAC has this wonderful thing called multiplayer. It lets all the aircraft be piloted by humans. At the same time!

how long are you loitering around the target to even notice that??

Longer than the smoke effect lasts.

With the way F/X are drawn in this engine it will just kill FPS totally.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Waste 1990 group with an ammo bunker next to it and we'll talk :D

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer