Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

From the way you are all going on...

- BF is the worst and most unbalanced thing ever!?!

- Why BuddySpike do you make such an awful and pointless thing !?!

- Why do you let noobs in? Noobs suck! Ban them!

^ This is my summary of the last 20 pages or so.... :P

In other news - Mirage is not supposed to have 100% fuel, its now not classed as an interceptor in lives (mig21, f5e) - we just didnt get round to reducing fuel & sorting skins for it :)

In all seriousness - We do really appreciate feedback, and try to keep it civil towards one another. :)

Think we're just on the edge of civil! :P

You guys are awesome! I can't wait see future updates with the skins and fueling changes! o7

If how I am interpreting this in my head is correct, this sounds like the epitome of a bad idea... People would just airfield hop until they've expended all their fighters and once they're done with 1 cycle they'd start back from square one, never getting into a chopper...

You still have a lives system....

Come up with a better idea. I've thrown out ten or so ideas in the last ten pages. You and Aborted just continue to whine.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

Please, don't. If every aircraft starts with full fuel the depots will get drained even faster. The casual player will take off with 3 bags, fly 60NM, die, repeat twice and then disconnect.

I'd also like to point out that this exact thing happens today... you just have to wait seven mins for it to repeat. I'm not sure the current implementation is helping us solve this problem.

TJ

I'd also like to point out that this exact thing happens today... you just have to wait seven mins for it to repeat. I'm not sure the current implementation is helping us solve this problem.

TJ

From what I'm seeing the "problem" is due to player stupidity.

Why must we have the mission built so that the team isn't doomed by player stupidity? DCS isn't exactly a casual game and I'd like to think everyone who plays has at least a bit of intelligence.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ciribob, take note of how many are railing against what you are doing vs how many continue to play on your server. We love it. Some of us may get more vocal day to day, but I suspect even those who are angrily venting still continue to play BF because they like it.

Thanks for info on Mirage. No fuel start should be good. Won't be a drastic change, which is good (want incremental adjustments to fine tune), but it will be in the right direction, in my opinion.

I do think Red should get datalink. Sure the Su27s railed me last night, but that's because I suck. Whenever I fly the 27, I notice a distinct disadvantage in capability vs the F15 and Mirage. Russian missiles are pretty easy to dupe and the R27R flat out stinks. Need to make up for this with better SA.

Ciribob, take note of how many are railing against what you are doing vs how many continue to play on your server. We love it. Some of us may get more vocal day to day, but I suspect even those who are angrily venting still continue to play BF because they like it.

Thanks for info on Mirage. No fuel start should be good. Won't be a drastic change, which is good (want incremental adjustments to fine tune), but it will be in the right direction, in my opinion.

Whenever I fly the 27, I notice a distinct disadvantage in capability vs the F15 and Mirage. Need to make up for this with better SA.

Agree with all of this!

TJ

Your team should be punished for stupid players.

If you don't like dealing with that, join red. More new players join blue.

As for me, I can scrounge enough fuel for an F5 most of the time, so whatever helps the numbers balance.

I can say having flown both red and blue sides a lot, red is better coordinated on TeamSpeak. They are always talking objectives and filling in needed roles. Blue team is more about flying the aircraft you want to fly and seeing if you can be useful (and sometimes that answer is "no.")

From what I'm seeing the "problem" is due to player stupidity.

Why must we have the mission built so that the team isn't doomed by player stupidity? DCS isn't exactly a casual game and I'd like to think everyone who plays has at least a bit of intelligence.

Full fuel or no fuel won't solve player stupidity.

You need a system to help the player through the experience. Not a system that prevents the player from playing.

TJ

You still have a lives system....

Come up with a better idea. I've thrown out ten or so ideas in the last ten pages. You and Aborted just continue to whine.

TJ

Easy there...

I'm just responding with my reactionary feedback to the suggestions people are making about buffing Su27/red team, how is that whining? Also, why is it whining when I say something, but not you?

Is it so impossible to just have a discussion with different opinions and not get mad and start judging people?

GCI used to be able to move infantries around. Now it's not! Any reason for that?! Would be nice if we could have that feature back giving GCI more strategic capabalities.

Troops shouldnt be able to be moved - it causes lag. They need to be dropped straight onto where you need them - not walked in :)

I do think Red should get datalink. Sure the Su27s railed me last night, but that's because I suck. Whenever I fly the 27, I notice a distinct disadvantage in capability vs the F15 and Mirage. Russian missiles are pretty easy to dupe and the R27R flat out stinks. Need to make up for this with better SA.

That we know - otherwise we wouldnt do it. It just gets a little tiring sometimes to read through all the pages :) It is great though that there is a passionate community :thumbup:

Red do have DL for flanker - they just have to deploy EWRs from Airbases for it to work

Should have updated map at next restart.

All airfield slots have been redone, as have hopefully all Farps (added Mistral). Slots at captured bases will likely be worked on a little more but starting bases are pretty much final now.

Please let us know if you see:

• Odd / incorrectly named slots
  • Inconsistent or incorrect defences at a base (preferably without calling me an idiot :P )
  • Spawns on runways or otherwise blocking spawns

Edit: Repair system is also different now...

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Troops shouldnt be able to be moved - it causes lag. They need to be dropped straight onto where you need them - not walked in :)

That we know - otherwise we wouldnt do it. It just gets a little tiring sometimes to read through all the pages :) It is great though that there is a passionate community

Red do have DL for flanker - they just have to deploy EWRs from Airbases for it to work

Should have updated map at next restart.

All airfield slots have been redone, as have hopefully all Farps (added Mistral). Slots at captured bases will likely be worked on a little more but starting bases are pretty much final now.

Please let us know if you see:

• Odd / incorrectly named slots
  • Inconsistent or incorrect defences at a base (preferably without calling me an idiot )
  • Spawns on runways or otherwise blocking spawns

Edit: Repair system is also different now...

Awesome! Thanks again for everything!

Nice mirage update :megalol:

0% fuel, fine

INS alignment required, fine

But did the D2M really had to be removed?

Wait, what? D2 is gone?

I know I said earlier that I didn't understand the mirage having D2M and the Flanker not having DL, but now that the Flanker has DL I think removing the D2M may hurt the mirage if it indeed was removed.

I guess some testing is in order.

Take my comments with a grain of salt as the change was just made and I'm basing its removal on what other people say though.

Take my comments with a grain of salt as the change was just made and I'm basing its removal on what other people say though.

Just spoke Ciri ingame. It's removed as a new feature, based on the real mirage not seeing real use with it.

So is the aim to have the server be a more accurate representation of real life then?

Think so. Didn't Russia only build 8 SU-25T's and scrapped the program (replacing it with 25TM) pretty fast?

I smell some possibility's for increased accurate representations of real life :D

Think so. Didn't Russia only build 8 SU-25T's and scrapped the program (replacing it with 25TM) pretty fast?

I smell some possibility's for increased accurate representations :D

I heard they scraped the program and bought A10C's from their hardcore Allie, the US....

Just kidding. More realism is always welcome just things don't sway too far to one side. Realism is cool, I just don't want one side to be at a disadvantage, blue or red.

Hi, is there some debrief.? Was a great experience for me... Thank you all guys.

Was this your first time on today? The campaign is ongoing. As of right now we're in testing for th next round. Major changes have been and are still happening with the campaign.

Let us know if you have any questions. Some of the conversations may get pretty heated, but it's all because we're all very passionate about the scenario that the Blue Flag team puts on.

Debrief is as follows:

Real men drive the F-5

F-5s shall be put on both sides (Red side painted black "MiG-28" scheme) so both sides can have real men.

Anyone not driving the F-5 regularly will be put in a remedial training program to learn about how cool the F-5 is.

Anyone voicing dissent with the above shall be put in a focused remediation program to fix their wayward thinking.

Easy there...

I'm just responding with my reactionary feedback to the suggestions people are making about buffing Su27/red team, how is that whining? Also, why is it whining when I say something, but not you?

Is it so impossible to just have a discussion with different opinions and not get mad and start judging people?

Stop calling people names and stop telling them their tactics suck and you might get a slightly more intelligent conversation.

TJ