GPU Question

Highspeed1964

In the excellent Huey Guide by Chuck, he mentions the GPU on more than one occasion. I've also seen in discussion that you only get one, maybe two attempts at a start-up on the battery and you will otherwise need to use the GPU.

But I cannot seem to find any GPU options either in the cockpit or in the controls setup menu. Does this actually exist in the sim and if so, how does one engage the GPU for start-up? I've had an occasion or two where I needed it (bad start-up procedure - missed items) but had to exit the mission and restart to get a fresh battery.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Hope I won't need it but it would be nice to know.

Highspeed

Edited by Highspeed1964

Hello,

You have to turn the round radio control knob to I believe it says "Int" then you can talk to the ground crew

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have noticed a bug in the 229th and sometimes you need to turn the radio selection rotary from Int back one I forget the name, then back to Int for the F8 menu to work. Also assign a switch for radio trigger radio as opposed to radio trigger Intercom.:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys,

Thanks again for your input. I've got it working now. I even tried it by doing a start-up with the throttle in the cut-off position to drain the batts a good bit, confirmed with the throttle in the idle stop position and no successful start. Then I called for ground power and it started. I even noticed the gauges showing a different reading when the ground power was connected. Cool stuff!

Now to work on my stick control -- particularly in ground maneuvers -- and I should be set. Just looking to fly the Huey with command. Not much of a combat guy myself.

But this all helped a lot so thanks so much.

Highspeed