The Détecteur de Départ Missile (DDM)

Zeus67

Saw in CF's latest video that this is now working in v1.5.5:

Does anyone know if the pylon model for the Magic shows the sensors?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

DDM test flight:

I made this video using one of Esac_mirmidon's track files.

It shows that the missile azimuth tracking is working and it also answers other observations made in the bug thread.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

That is an excellent video!!

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I´m so glad you are using my video Zeus.

Thanks for let me feel i´m part of that.

Thank you.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

That's crazy, this is definitely a game changer…

At least this module will sell better for people willing to avoid being disadvantaged :D because the M-2000 is now the most advanced aircraft in DCS. Can't wait to see the reactions after a few MP games ;)

I repost this, because I think that is an incredibly overlooked fact :

Just to make things clear...

The button on ECM panel and led light on RWR display prove nothing. It has been there since the very beginning even before the "SAMIR" DDM has been designed.

The matter didn't move forward until France lost a Mirage 2000N in Bosnia in 1995, probably shot down by MANPAD.

It isn't plug & play, Mirage 2000N needed an upgrade to be able to use it.

Razbam decided to make it optional on Mirage 2000C so be it. There is no way to please everyone.

So the DDM on the 2000C may be 100% fictional after all:megalol:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

At least this module will sell better for people willing to avoid being disadvantaged :D because the M-2000 is now the most advanced aircraft in DCS. Can't wait to see the reactions after a few MP games ;)

The 2000C in French Air Force do not use it. Only the 2000D and 2000N, which are dedicated strike aircrafts. But that does not include the export variants that may have it since those are used as multirole fighters instead of pure interceptors.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

If you expect this to make you win a MP dogfight, prepare for disapointment. I won't change anything most of the time (ie, won't warn you), seeing the limitations of the detection enveloppe.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Is it a serious post or trolling? Did you look at the detection area? It's for manpads not for dogfighting! I had dogfights with it and i was never warned. Simply because 99% of the time the guys dogfighting you are never much lower than you to be within the coverage area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you expect this to make you win a MP dogfight, prepare for disapointment. I won't change anything most of the time (ie, won't warn you), seeing the limitations of the detection enveloppe.

I've actually already had a lot of A-A battles on a server (with AIM-120C/R-77/R-27ER/ET prohibited) after D2M was introduced. And I can say it IS a game changer. See, the sukhois have no chances in DCS against M2K without ER's/ET's. The only way they could win is stealth attacks. And D2M saved my life not once, warning me about stealthy missile launches

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've actually already had a lot of A-A battles on a server (with AIM-120C/R-77/R-27ER/ET prohibited) after D2M was introduced. And I can say it IS a game changer. See, the sukhois have no chances in DCS against M2K without ER's/ET's. The only way they could win is stealth attacks. And D2M saved my life not once, warning me about stealthy missile launches

they were much lower than you? it wasnt a dogfight, was it?

they were much lower than you?

obviously they were

it wasnt a dogfight, was it?

well those weren't dogfights, but close range for sure

hear the alarm, push panic countermeasures release button, perform evasive, or go stright into the sun... saved me some times

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 2000C in French Air Force do not use it. Only the 2000D and 2000N, which are dedicated strike aircrafts. But that does not include the export variants that may have it since those are used as multirole fighters instead of pure interceptors.

You just said the fatal may word… Don't you think this matter has raised enough controversy ? So perhaps it's time to investigate a little bit ?

Please mate you will say that after you actually test the thing in combat.

Is it a serious post or trolling? Did you look at the detection area? It's for manpads not for dogfighting! I had dogfights with it and i was never warned. Simply because 99% of the time the guys dogfighting you are never much lower than you to be within the coverage area.

I'm serious, aircrafts in dogfight have to maneuver (seriously?) and missiles fired by other aircrafts that the Mirage is not chasing can happen to be in the dead center of the detection zone. So stop trolling me :mad:

Just buy some popcorn and wait for solid feedback. I don't care using the DDM, but if features of this nature creates unnecessary community conflicts, the raison d'être of DCS is dead.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

but if features of this nature creates unnecessary community conflicts, the raison d'être of DCS is dead.

That's your own opinion. The real Mirage 2000 C had the DDM feature. It was only never mounted by the French Air Force. If they mount it tomorrow will you sir allow it in DCS?

That's your own opinion.

Of course

The real Mirage 2000 C had the DDM feature.

Absolutely not

It was only never mounted by the French Air Force. If they mount it tomorrow will you sir allow it in DCS?

Yes, but nobody knows if it was mounted for other air forces' Mirages 2000 yet. So ATM it's seems purely fictional for me.

I'll buy :