Viggen related videos

RaXha

Part 2 released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlrD2Nk7a0

Hm... how do you embed the youtube videos?

You use the tags [ YOUTUBE ] and [/ YOUTUBE ] with the video number you want to embedd, so if the youtube adress is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlrD2Nk7a0 you put eRlrD2Nk7a0 between the tags.

Unfortunately i got a response from the guys running that youtube channel that they have no plans to add english subtitles. :-/

Edited by RaXha

Looks like he starts with the thrust reverse doors closed. The tarmac under the aft of the airctraft starts to smoke after a while. Nice. :D

Is that the normal procedure?

Edited by Stingray87

System

Intel Core i5 8600k 3,6 GHz, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce GTX 1070Ti, Windows 10 64 Bit, Tm Warthog HOTAS, Trackir 5

Looks like he starts with the thrust reverse doors closed. The tarmac under the aft of the airctraft starts to smoke after a while. Nice. :D

Is that the normal procedure?

There is a venting hole from the engine in the bottom of the fuselage. You can see it right behind the aerial antenna on this picture. So no, the reverser doors are not closed.

AJS37b.thumb.JPG.fa994b09b2d704d1279838ef794ba868.JPG

There is a venting hole from the engine in the bottom of the fuselage. You can see it right behind the aerial antenna on this picture. So no, the reverser doors are not closed.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. :)

System

Intel Core i5 8600k 3,6 GHz, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce GTX 1070Ti, Windows 10 64 Bit, Tm Warthog HOTAS, Trackir 5

[quote=Goblin;2978881

WHAT? Thunderstruck is THE Viggen themesong... ;)

THUNDER!!!

OMG now I've seen everything. If that's your house I'm coming over with a bottle of Jack.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Vetandets Värld is a Swedish science and technology show which can best be described as the Swedish version of NOVA on PBS.

This episode which is all in Swedish is about the development of the viggen. There are some nice clips of the Viggen in it that's uncommon.

At 13:50 you can see an RB05 launch and guidance !

• 4 weeks later...
Not really a Viggen video, but this is a must see to get a nice feel for the low flying boys of the time...

This is truly awesome. My uncle was an A32 Lansen pilot and he has some great stories to tell :)

He is also looking forward to try the DCS Viggen module and see how much better the Viggen is.