(No error) Trim for level flight

Nascar

I have a G940 and with the elevator trim all the way maxed nose down it still climbs up. Is it my settings or does everyone have to add forward stick for level flight?

Thanks

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Hello,

I have a TM hotas x and the Spit handles and turns great. no problem with level flight.

Taxi and T/O and landing are a different story for me though!

You might check your axis set-up

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the help guys. I have the curve at 30 and it is working pretty good. I clicked the user settings and they were weird with spikes. After resetting that and putting the curves in all is better. It seems all my profiles have weird user settings. I guess it has an effect even if user setting are not clicked active. The Spit isn't actively trying to kill me now.

Thanks again.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Thanks for the help guys. I have the curve at 30 and it is working pretty good. I clicked the user settings and they were weird with spikes. After resetting that and putting the curves in all is better. It seems all my profiles have weird user settings. I guess it has an effect even if user setting are not clicked active. The Spit isn't actively trying to kill me now.

Thanks again.

Where do you find the user settings? In DCS World someplace?

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

In the control panel for the Spitfire you assign your key bindings and joystick set up. You can tweak the axis settings with the axis tune button.

That's what he meant. I had never heard of "user settings". Thought it was something I had missed.

Thanks for the decode.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Where do you find the user settings? In DCS World someplace?

Thanks

When you click the axis tune to change your curve, saturation or deadspot you will see 3 boxes below that. Slider, I forget the second one and one that says user settings. If you click the box, more settings pop up. Mine had spikes that were throwing me off.

• 5 months later...

Hello Gents,

I have a very odd problem with the Spit when using a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Stick.

It is somewhat comparable to Nascar's problem, but his solution doesn't work for me.

In neutral trim she pulls up. when I want to adjust elevator trim, it acts as if it was aileron trim! Yes... full nose down trim gives me right aileron. The FFB stick centres at a point on the right also when I trim nose down, and the plane rolls right extremely.

The Spit is the only plane in DCS this happens with, trims of 109, 190 and Mustang function all fine using the same buttons on the same joystick. Is this an error or am I missing something? I currently don't have a second stick to test if it is solely a MS FFB2 problem.

Edited by NachtJaeger110

Hello Gents,

I have a very odd problem with the Spit when using a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Stick.

It is somewhat comparable to Nascar's problem, but his solution doesn't work for me.

In neutral trim she pulls up. when I want to adjust elevator trim, it acts as if it was aileron trim! Yes... full nose down trim gives me right aileron. The FFB stick centres at a point on the right also when I trim nose down, and the plane rolls right extremely.

The Spit is the only plane in DCS this happens with, trims of 109, 190 and Mustang function all fine using the same buttons on the same joystick. Is this an error or am I missing something? I currently don't have a second stick to test if it is solely a MS FFB2 problem.

You need to swap aileron and pitch in FFB trim settings.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Thank you!

although swapping axis in the ff trim axis didn't work, by googling ffb trim settings I found this thread where the user found out that in fact I have to swap axis in ff PITCH..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117698

I would have never thought of that... But it worked and everything is fine now :)

Edited by NachtJaeger110

Thank you!

although swapping axis in the ff trim axis didn't work, by googling ffb trim settings I found this thread where the user found out that in fact I have to swap axis in ff PITCH..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117698

I would have never thought of that... But it worked and everything is fine now :)

:thumbup:

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional