Gauges unreadable after last patch

denzilangoff

Judging from the screenshot, all Your gauges are messed up to some degree. Something got corrupted in Your install, I would start with a usual drill of removing options.lua from You Saved Games\Config folder, disabling the mods and running a repair.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Looks like he tried to modify something and it barfed, if I had to guess he deleted/moved/renamed some Normal or Spec files, and or the diffuse texture file for the instrument (usually named "pribors"). Disable all mods, run updated one more time for 100% integrity check and execute the simulator, should work just fine...

Looks like he tried to modify something and it barfed, if I had to guess he deleted/moved/renamed some Normal or Spec files, and or the diffuse texture file for the instrument (usually named "pribors"). Disable all mods, run updated one more time for 100% integrity check and execute the simulator, should work just fine...

Thanks Schwarzfeld

He does not use mods and he has not been messing with things in any of the DCS folders.

The update is the only thing that has changed, although He did install the new Mi-8 campaign a couple of days ago. Is it possible the campaign has changed something that affects the gauge display?

Where is there a setting for Cockpit language? I can't find it.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Where is there a setting for Cockpit language? I can't find it.

No language selection for Spitfire, but the Mig 15 you can choose Russian or Chinese. Also Mi-8 I have selected a cockpit with English instrumentation.

So I am the only person to suffer the unreadable gauges.... Any idea what file this could be related to?

I am starting to think that maybe the Mi-8 campaign overwrote something when it installed.

Have you check/test the setting of the "Cockpit Resolution" in the graphic options of DCS ?

Yes I tried reducing it. I normally have it set 1024 every frame. But the thing is, I ran the taxi/take-off tutorial fine a couple of times. Then the latest update installed. Next time I try the tutorial, the gauges are unreadable, I noticed straight away, because it is now very difficult to set the trim as instructed.

The only thing that had happened was that the update installed, and (possibly the Border campaign for MI-8 installed)

I am not someone who spends time tinkering with the settings, once I am happy I prefer to be flying!

With NVidia drivers being unreliable during last two months, "newest" versions causing various issues in DCS, guys over here rolling back to previous ones, I would consider a rollback as well, with a full cleanup of settings. Maybe something is off between latest DCS update files and Your card drivers/settings, though I would expect other players to notice that as well, yet You seem to be the only one.

I can only say everything in the cockpit is rendered correctly on my GTX780, but I use 368.81 drivers and Win7x64.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks Art-J

Tried your suggestion, so now I am on Nvidia 368.81

Sorry to say, I still have the unreadable gauges! Very frustrating!

Has anyone else installed the Border campaign? It can't be just be me?

The gauge problem only appeared after the last patch and the border campaign install, nothing else changed!

I am really not keen on a complete clean install, aside from losing some activations, there is all the setting up of control profiles for every module! I have done the whole clean install in the part, but is a royal PITA!

DEVS?? Surely this issue points to a specific file or setting that can be fixed?

Edited by denzilangoff

The controllers data is stored in Your Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\, so make a backup of this folder and You won't have to reassign anything again. Also, if You deactivate the modules in the manager first, You won't loose any activations.

That being said, I wouldn't like to make a clean reinstall either. But doing it with the Spitfire itself might not be a bad idea.

• Like 1

Art-J

You are a star! thankyou! I followed your advice above and my cockpit gages are now readable.

I would have tried reinstalling the module sooner, but I did not understand that the deactivate/re activate thing would not lose me activations.

Thanks for all the good advice.

I'm puzzled why repair function didn't do the same thing - in theory it should find and replace any corrupted files. Oh well, glad to hear the problem's gone!

• 3 weeks later...
With NVidia drivers being unreliable during last two months, "newest" versions causing various issues in DCS, guys over here rolling back to previous ones, I would consider a rollback as well, with a full cleanup of settings. Maybe something is off between latest DCS update files and Your card drivers/settings, though I would expect other players to notice that as well, yet You seem to be the only one.

I can only say everything in the cockpit is rendered correctly on my GTX780, but I use 368.81 drivers and Win7x64.

Ditto as to your observation.

Me, too---rolled back to 368.81 awhile ago and works good for my GTX970 and Win7x64.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]