Requirements for A-10C vs. ground unit coop?

dporter22

Basic question, but what exactly is required for one player to be flying the A-10C while the other player tries to shoot him down with a SAM or AAA in CA?

I have two computers in the house, one has DCS World with A-10C, the other just has DCS World. Neither has CA yet.

What do I need installed on each computer in order to play coop A-10 vs. ground units?

If there's a thread which explains all this please feel free to redirect me. I couldn't find one.

Thanks Nirvi.

So just to clarify, I don't need to purchase CA for the computer that already has A-10, and I just need to purchase CA for the other computer but not A-10. Correct?

Then if I create a mission and simply drop an A-10 and a ground unit on the same map, both of us will be able to coop even though we don't have each other's module?

Then if I create a mission and simply drop an A-10 and a ground unit on the same map, both of us will be able to coop even though we don't have each other's module?

That's correct, you don't need the modules somebody else is using.

As Nirvi pointed out, though, you might need two accounts, one with A10C and one with CA.

You'll probably also need to make sure the mission has at least one 'game master' or 'tactical commander' or similar slot, depending on how much control you want the Combined Arms player to have.

And also I think you need to make sure "player can drive" is enabled for the units you want the CA player to be able to directly control. Otherwise I think you just have tactical control of them (i.e. can use the F10 map to order them around). "Player can drive" is the default setting when placing units, however.

Thanks everyone.

We're able to create a mission and then join each other in multiplayer, but how do we join in the Georgian Hammer with CA campaign? When the computer with A-10C starts the campaign I don't see any option to allow the other computer with CA to join, and the computer with CA doesn't have any campaigns listed.

Thanks everyone.

We're able to create a mission and then join each other in multiplayer, but how do we join in the Georgian Hammer with CA campaign? When the computer with A-10C starts the campaign I don't see any option to allow the other computer with CA to join, and the computer with CA doesn't have any campaigns listed.

well, lets say that you want the play the georgian hammer campaign without the CA. And you want to play it with a friend. what you need to do is, first you need to edit the missions u want to play in that campaign to add multiplayer slots for your friend to join. lets say your friend wants to use a f15c in that mission. you just need to create a f15c flight and select "client" from the skill level menu. after that just load that mission u just edited on a server so u guys can play together.

in your case what you need to do is open a mission from the "georgian hammer with ca" campaign using mission editor and add a slot there for your friend. That slot should be somethin like "game master" or "tactical commander" or something like that (like nomdeplume said above). you should check the box says players can drive for the units that u want to control manually(again like nomdeplume said above). After doing all of this just get in to multiplayer, create a new server, add the mission u just edited to the mission list and start the server.

Still ive never tried to create a multiplayer mission with CA, so im not exatly sure that this is the right way to do it but it should work.

There must be something I'm missing because it won't let me add players to any missions.

I opened a mission in the mission editor, added a Game Master slot on the Red side, but neither any of the existing vehicles nor any new vehicles I add have the Client option (Player Can Drive is checked).

Can you only play multiplayer by creating a mission from scratch?

When you add a Combined Arms slot, it will be displayed on the Client computer with CA installed; the Combined Arms role is not tied to a platform (a/c, vehicle, ship, helicopter). For H2H try using the Tactical Commander (TC) instead of the Game Master (GM). The GM can control platforms on both sides while the TC is either Red or Blue. The CA slots may also be displayed on the other computers - earlier versions they would not be displayed if that computer did not have the CA module installed.

A GM or TC can control an armor group from F10. Some trucks and engineering vehicles can't be controlled, infantry can't be right now I think. A JTAC slot can only fight the vehicle chosen - no group control at the F-10 level, but there is the Green Arrow & Left Mouse that will bring up the rest of the group to the JTAC vehicle's position. There are key commands for radar and lock, so brush up on those.

Many a/c cannot be flown by a Client - maybe that's why you aren't seeing the Client choice.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Thanks Wrecking Crew, but I don't think what you're describing is my issue.

My issue is how to edit an existing mission so that the CA player can control ground vehicles if the Client option is not available in the skill level list.

Any ideas?

Or rather than bothering all of you, is there a step-by-step somewhere that will explain all these things for new users?

You don't need a Skill = Client to be able to control a platform with a Combined Arms slot. Post the mission and I will take a look, or post some images. You should be able to add in a CA role to the mission, and then be able to control units with a Player or Client who has the CA module.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.