Flaps retracting too fast.

robban75

I lifted this earlier in another thread a while back.

As it is now, the flaps retract much faster than the landing gear. When the landing gear doors have closed shut the flaps should still take another 7-8 seconds before they are fully up.

Fixing this would give a much smoother take off as it will allow for a lower AoA during climb out.

I was wondering if it is on the "to do list"?

These videos shows how long it takes for the flaps to retract.

Edited by robban75

What is the real mechanism like?

Sent from Tapatalk.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

The amount of times I've nearly planted myself in to the deck after take off due to this.....this is good news!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

The amount of times I've nearly planted myself in to the deck after take off due to this.....this is good news!

Yeah, I learned to not retract the gear until I was well airborne. ;)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Happy to see this fixed.

Intel Core i7-4770K - ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Socket-1150 - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB - NVIDIA GTX1080Ti - Eizo 27" LED FlexScan EV2736W-BK, 2560x1440 (Processor, graphiccard and MOS-FET custom watercooled)

Yeah, I learned to not retract the gear until I was well airborne. ;)

Same here! Glad it's getting fixed

Likewise gents likewise!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

• 1 year later...
This is fixed in the latest patch coming soon. :)

Awesome! 01-yay.png

I hope you'll also have the reverse sequence correct then. It's hard to see in the footage, but I think in the second video of the OP the flaps aren't coming down until the gear is down and locked. Though the other way round would be cooler rdlaugh.png

How about considering this? It's definately not anything done by the book, but if it's possible, it should be in the sim as well.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg