*** FEATURE PREVIEW: MOBILE GROUND CREW ***

RagnarDa

Make sure the control assignments are the same in your game (press ESC and Assign Controls, select AJS37 and All and then press LAlt+LCtrl+L and see if the correct line is highlighted).

I cannot find the control assignments in the adjust control settings, to set the key commands. Gone through line by line, searched "ground crew" ect.. What are the action lines called? Guess to simplify my question.. If the above doesn't work, what are the titles for the assignments to manually set them?

Edited by sideshow

maybe polychop will implement this, don't know if heatblur will implement it for them or for all

RagnarDa, am i right or do you have other plans?

This is a Viggen-exclusive feature

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Hi all, can't seem to get the ground crew working. As shown in the pic is the tanker and the ammo truck plus the humvee. Checked the ground crew bindings and there are no conflicts. I'm close enough so what am I doing wrong here?

attachment.php?attachmentid=160578&stc=1&d=1491855785

Screen_170410_211917.thumb.jpg.3dea1239ddeed70fe0017642382e3c27.jpg

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

in the editor did you give the Player name of Ground Crew to the humvee

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

I created a whole group called Groundcrew (no space) and changed each type of vehicle to as shown?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Ahhh ok I see my boo boo - I named the unit ground crew rather than the individual units themselves. I shall fix and that will probably do the job.

Works a treat here too, great job, thank you :thumbup:

Couple of things to note:

Turn off civvy traffic, looks a bit daft when a truck drives through you

Make sure you ground crew have room to move, or take off quickly if you give them the order to move to a different site otherwise they also drive into you, but the results are quite different to civvy traffic.

Edited by dannyq8
You tube link

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

It should support multiplayer as far as I can tell. The restriction with not being able to move the ground crew is a technical restriction with DCS at this time (it might also prevent some online griefing I think). You should be able to use mission-triggers as a work around right now.

Hi RagnaDa,

Thank you for this addition and I was looking forward to including it in my multiplayer mission builds........Unfortunately this functionality does not appear to work in multiplayer. I have tested both your kindly supplied test mission and one of my own. I have tried in both a complete vanilla and fully modded DCS environment, with the same outcome. I have also tried in multiplayer with other clients present and just myself in the server.

The kneeboard aspects seem to work as intended, as you do receive the same confirmations and updates from the ground crew..............The problem is no weapons are physically loaded out.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this...I hope its not just me and a problem with my setup but it does work well for me in single player. Cheers

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What lua editing have you done for placing the viggens on the ground?

Hi Einherjer

this thread will help it contains the detail: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178670.

you need to update the "me_route.lua" located in MissionEditor/Modules. You could of course JSGME it to keep things simple.....obviously the caveat applies that no files should be changed without making a backup/copy first.....sounds like common sense I know but just in case.

Also please note that this will not work for AI aircraft just "player" and "client" slots only. The AI blows up when placed on the ground. If you get stuck......as i don't know how you are with lua updates PM if you get stuck at all. Cheers

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tested in single play and My Buttons-mod v0.8.

Working great!

A bit quick turn-around-time though. I know, I know...it is very much Beta. ;-)

Now...do we got any 'Törebodabågar' laying around in DCS?

Have nice day everybody!

Intel Core i7-4770K - ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Socket-1150 - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB - NVIDIA GTX1080Ti - Eizo 27" LED FlexScan EV2736W-BK, 2560x1440 (Processor, graphiccard and MOS-FET custom watercooled)

I made a simple mission (see attachment).

After I rearm & take-off from the road, the ground-crew starts to drive away somewhere? Even though I gave no command to do so & they don't have any way-points to go by.

How do I keep the the ground-crew stationery?

• Like 1

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

After I rearm & take-off from the road, the ground-crew starts to drive away somewhere? Even though I gave no command to do so & they don't have any way-points to go by.

They're probably relocating to your L1 Landing AFB.

Burnhard

Periferals - HP Reverb - Viper/Warthog grip on VPC WarBRD base - Virpil Mogoos T-50 Throttle - MFG Crosswind rudders - Gametrix KW 908 // HW - 7700k@4.8 - 32GB@3200 - RTX2080TI // DCS Favourites - AJS37 - SA342 - F-16C :thumbup:

same here

I have had the same issue as well today. Refuelling and rearming worked fine using the kneeboard page. I picked my loadout (2xRb24 and 2xRb15) using LCtrl+LAlt+L, kept the other two settings at default (fuel: 100%, relocation: stay where you are) and confirmed with LCtrl+LAlt+Enter. All good.

When I landed for the second time at the FARP, the GroundCrew group was gone. I checked on the F10 map and saw they were a few clicks away still on the same piece of road. So I decided to start a little chase (...weird, I know, but I wanted to try sth out...). Once I was approaching the rolling vehicles, I called up the kneeboard page again which told me "too far away from ground crew". But as soon as I got a bit closer that changed and I was able to do the usual selections. And then the ground crew started to refuel me - while we were both rolling on the highway :lol:

Quite funny, but actually I would have preferred the ground crew to stay where it was when that was what I asked them to do.

Otherwise a really cool feature!:thumbup:

If i run a server i can rearm on the road but my wingman cannot,

In multiplayer on our squad server i cant get it to work at all, set up the same way, but just says we are to far away

It's the same for me/us. Too bad:/

Burnhard

Periferals - HP Reverb - Viper/Warthog grip on VPC WarBRD base - Virpil Mogoos T-50 Throttle - MFG Crosswind rudders - Gametrix KW 908 // HW - 7700k@4.8 - 32GB@3200 - RTX2080TI // DCS Favourites - AJS37 - SA342 - F-16C :thumbup:

If i run a server i can rearm on the road but my wingman cannot,

In multiplayer on our squad server i cant get it to work at all, set up the same way, but just says we are to far away

Is it that nothing happens when you press initiate rearm or that the menu doesn't come up? If the former, do the percentage done start going up?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

No, the menu is there in Kneeboard, but it tells me/us that I'm too far away from the groundcrew. Just as if I was too far away in SP. But I am not too far away. With that error message there is no option in kneeboard to hit Ctrl Alt Enter.

In short: In MP we _never_ get "close enough" to ground crew.

Burnhard

I'm really looking forward to getting this functional in MP, as I want to implement it in our (TAW) missions :)

Burnhard

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this Ragnar as I've tested a few missions I've built for MP and getting the same result as others in that the ground crew are not working (too far away). I launch the same mission from the mission editor and it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok since the last patch on MP server (my own) I can get the refuel working but the groundcrew take all my armament off and don't put anything back on no matter what you select. Anyone else getting this?

Anyone confirm Re-arm is working for Ground Crew please. Got a few missions that are relying on this functionality in MP.

SP GroundCrew relocating without order

Hi all,

I understand the developers focus might be on the MP side. But is there any news (or at least a confirmation) regarding the issue of GroundCrew relocation after the first fuel stop in SP? I tested it a couple times now and the GroundCrew always relocates to my L1 point even though I asked them to stay where they are.

I also cycled the corresponding setting from "stay" to "relocate" forth and back a couple times but regardless what I do, they always begin to move after the refuelling/rearming is completed.

Last time the tanker vehicle even drove into me which effectively destroyed my Viggen....not soooo helpful :(