Rudder trim isn't working

Rudder trim is not working on the HOTAS Warthog binding in 2.5 OB. Works OK with RCntrl+Z/X but trim hat is just not doing anything. Nose up/down trim works fine with the trim hat.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 4 months later...

Imho there's still (v. 2.5.2.18736) a problem with the left hand rudder trim ("sid trim V") and external (USB-) devices. While the button is doing fine with keyboard and mouse, I wasn't able to provoke a reaction with any knobs or buttons set on joystick or throttle. The right hand counterpart ("sid trim H") is doing fine with any kind of button or key.

Could someone please check and confirm?

All in all the Viggen is nice and precisely to trim now. I still have to add a 20%-curve to the rudder, since that element is super-effective. No spikes on my rudder set, it is just (too) SENSITIVE ...

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

I'm new to the Viggen as I bought it during the current sale; so I'm not a vet on flying characteristics...

Something changed with the last update. The aircraft flies as if the rudder is deflected. This is new.

I started hot on the runway. It tracked the centerline during the takeoff run just fine. As I rotated, the yaw became off and as I leveled off the nose drifted hard right. Correcting with rudder caused a marked dutch-roll.

I tried the flight again and it was normal. There's something not getting initialized correctly, i guess. I didn't touch the trim either time.

I haven't tried a cold start since the update. So, I don't know what that might bring.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• 6 months later...
Well, that's weird indeed. I was using the trim knob in the cockpit, after lifting the cover. It had no effect.

Still the same here (2.5.3)

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Imho there's still (v. 2.5.2.18736) a problem with the left hand rudder trim ("sid trim V") and external (USB-) devices. While the button is doing fine with keyboard and mouse, I wasn't able to provoke a reaction with any knobs or buttons set on joystick or throttle. The right hand counterpart ("sid trim H") is doing fine with any kind of button or key.

Could someone please check and confirm?

There is still that issue. However, instead of mapping rudder left/right, I map left/right wing down to the HOTAS, and they work fine.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Revisiting this, yes, the wing down workaround is OK, but is not as effective as if the rudder trim was working.

Cobra, can we please have a fix for the left rudder trim not working when bound to HOTAS?

Nvm

What does that mean?

Not sure where that leaves us though. Will there be a fix for the left rudder trim binding to HOTAS? Still seems weird that right works and left doesn't!

That's why you should take Saturdays off. Trade in the the mobile for a pint.

or two (if you were talking about beer)

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Still confused, as guides suggest that it is rudder trim and not wing up/down that should be mapped to trim hat.