2 hours ago, Ampyr said:

I did notice that last night, we had a flight of 3 and another of 4. I picked the flight of 3 so we would have an ai wingman but he didn't spawn. The flight of 4 did however. No worries though, just being able to play this multiplayer at all is a godsend. Thank you so much for all your work!

Also, is there an easy way to adjust the skins of the ai flights without going into the mission editor to do it manually? In the Cyprus campaign they all spawned with the default soviet skin.

for skins (and this is a strange thing), install them on the server too. Sometimes it works like that, which isn't logical ^^.

• Thanks 1

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, snake_61 said:

Hi,

where can I get the latest ScriptsMod: 20.65.365 ?

It is not implemented in the latest DCE-Manager 5.11.29.69

Hi,

DCE_Manager doesn't come with all the scriptsMod, but you can download the latest version.

If it detects an on-line version more recent than the one you have installed, it displays the "update available" button.

if you have a version lower than 20.64.365 (and not 20.65 as you wrote ^^) and it does not offer you an update:
- change the server
- delete the file C:\YourDocumentFolder\DCE_Manager\upgrade.txt

and start again

Tell me what it does.

Have a good day

image.png

Edited by Miguel21

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

Am 3.8.2023 um 17:53 schrieb Miguel21:

And finally, since all this time, the latest release for the ScriptsMod: 20.65.365

Download via DCE_Manager above, "Update" tab

It should automatically offer you the download, after a day at the most ^^
 (if you don't want to wait, just delete the file /DCE_Manager/upgrade.txt)

That's why I was looking for version 20.65.365 😉

So as I can see I have the actual version: 20.64.365 and there seems to be no newer one?

F15E cannot be activated with the ScriptMod I have, so I thought I should be possible with the newer one 😉

Thanks for help Miguel

16 hours ago, snake_61 said:

That's why I was looking for version 20.65.365 😉

So as I can see I have the actual version: 20.64.365 and there seems to be no newer one?

F15E cannot be activated with the ScriptMod I have, so I thought I should be possible with the newer one 😉

Thanks for help Miguel

With the 20.64.365, everything is normally ready to use the F-15ESE,

But it is true that we have not given an updated campaign with this F15.

Until CEF gives us one of these campaigns, you can modify an old campaign yourself by replacing the F-15C or F-15E with the F-15ESE, for example. (Eagle over Caucasus-CVN )

Or by adding an F-15ESE squadron to "almost" any campaign.

Cef has already created F-15ESE loadouts for War over Caucasus (WOC, WOC80), Crisis in PG, and Over PG campaigns.

All you need to do is change the aircraft type in the /Init/oob_air_init.lua file

And start the campaign again (yes, start it again, I don't guarantee that continuing a campaign by adding/changing an aircraft type and its loadout will be completely taken into account).

nullnull

image.png

image.png

that said,
it's true that we're working on a new version of scriptsMod based on the "Runway Attack" task 😅

==:20.66.370:==

370 add        [runway]    add runway attack (M66)
                    will be integrated into the future Beyrout campaign. To integrate it into the old campaigns, wait a little longer or read the "complete" guide to the "environment" of this new task.
369 modified    [oob_air]        add airReinforceDelay option
368 modified    [conf_mod]        conf_mod and camp_init have been redesigned, giving you more modifiable values without having to restart the campaign
367 fixed    [briefing]        su25 and mirage were in imperial units
366 add        [scripts]        add (new) AirGroundAttackTask Mbot s script (M65)

if anyone's interested, I could provide the prerelease files, but... there'll be a lot of work to do to get it taken into account in the old campaigns...

DCE_Manager

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Pande4360 said:

Hi, i noticed that online the ATC radio isnt working. Known issue?

Hi,
As the ATC is buggy and a pain in the arse during multiplayer, we've added a script to block it.

You can change this in conf_mod:

silenceATC = "auto",

at

silenceATC = false,

• Like 1

DCE_Manager

• 1 month later...

a new version will soon be available, compatible with DCS 2.9 and taking into account the new settings for different dataLinks:
- Link16 : FA-18 and F-16
- SADL: A-10C2 (A-10-c single donor)
- IDM: AH-64 Blk II

All these datalinks are mutually incompatible

For the moment, we know that DCE with FA-18 bugs with the current scriptMod

Edited by Miguel21
  • Like 3

DCE_Manager

On 6/1/2023 at 6:48 AM, ldnz said:

My campaign builder for DCE is nearly ready for public testing. Builds a fully functional campaign with sensible defaults from a simple dcs mission as a template. Allows friendly editing of most DCE parameters - targets, triggers, airbases, loadouts without touching any lua. Outputs a zip file ready for use with DCE Manager. 

image.png

Just curious if this was still in the works.  REALLY interested in this since I can't code for s#$%^.   😀

Yep, broke my arm and couldn't code for a bit but working on it again now. Added Sinai support, and testing a fix now for AI not bombing ships.

Major work outstanding before I consider a version 1.0 release is adding ability to upload briefing missions and assign them to targets, I think that's an awesome feature of DCE.

• 2 weeks later...

@Miguel21 - I think I've found a bug with the conf_mod updates. I'm trying to get my campaign generator to generate a conf_mod file, and that includes defaulting all the PruneScript behaviour to False (I don't feel its needed in these days with multithreading, and I like seeing the airbases populated!) 

Unfortunately, as part of Util_Functions::UpdateConfMod, it seems to replace PruneScriptConf table with values in conf_mod_check, which means the PruneScript is always forced on. I think its struggling with the fact the PruneScriptConf is a table, and just replacing it wholesale instead of iterating through its contents. I'm not sure what the fix is. 

Other parts of conf_mod seem to merge ok. 

Edit: Found that by adding the EjectedPilotFrequency table I can avoid UpdateConfMod being called. This will only work until the next time a new feature is added though 🙂 

Edited by ldnz

7 hours ago, ldnz said:

@Miguel21 - I think I've found a bug with the conf_mod updates. I'm trying to get my campaign generator to generate a conf_mod file, and that includes defaulting all the PruneScript behaviour to False (I don't feel its needed in these days with multithreading, and I like seeing the airbases populated!) 

Unfortunately, as part of Util_Functions::UpdateConfMod, it seems to replace PruneScriptConf table with values in conf_mod_check, which means the PruneScript is always forced on. I think its struggling with the fact the PruneScriptConf is a table, and just replacing it wholesale instead of iterating through its contents. I'm not sure what the fix is. 

Other parts of conf_mod seem to merge ok. 

Edit: Found that by adding the EjectedPilotFrequency table I can avoid UpdateConfMod being called. This will only work until the next time a new feature is added though 🙂 

hi,
actually, at each generation, CheckConfModMaster checks if new variables have been added or deleted.

if so, it adds them by copying the tables from conf_mod_check. it still tries to keep as many values as possible from the old conf_mod.
(I know, it's a pretty shaky system ^^)

for the "prune" script, yes, with MT and single player, we could do without it.
On the other hand, in multiplayer and VR, it's still a pain.

For example, we're playing a campaign on Beirut (MP 10 clients), with 1000 ground units and a hundred planes: we're forced to cut tacview because it eats up too much FPS.

Edited by Miguel21
  • Like 1

DCE_Manager

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ldnz said:

Small fix required to GCIScript after the last getCategory() changes. Not sure if this is correct, but seems to work:

image.png

GCIscript.lua 26.95 kB · 1 download

Hello,
thanks for the update ^^
But why modify here? was it buggy there? or the interceptors didn't work?

However, with your modification, do you have any error messages in the dcs log, on this line?
And do the interceptors still work?

Because this initial Mbot code expects an object category (unit ==1, weapon == 2 etc...).
Whereas you check a Unit category (AIRPLANE==1, HELICOPTER==2, etc...).

as you can see, in the case of an airplane, it will always work, only the helicopter can decide between you.image.pngimage.png

DCE_Manager

mmm, correction
the values for these tables seem to be:
Unit.Category.AIRPLANE = 0
Unit.Category.HELICOPTER = 1

DCE_Manager

in fact, there does seem to be a bug, thanks for looking.
But the solution would be to change this line (original from Mbot)

local objCat = targets[t].object:getCategory()

with this one:

local objCat = Object.getCategory(targets[t].object)

I'll keep testing.

@ldnz

DCE_Manager

Hi, yes the behaviour of getCategory() apparently changed in the latest patch. I was getting GCIScript errors at line 180, and no interceptors launching. With the file I uploaded, its working again, but yes I'm not 100% sure its correct. @Miguel21

Edited by ldnz

On 11/21/2023 at 9:45 AM, ldnz said:

Hi, yes the behaviour of getCategory() apparently changed in the latest patch. I was getting GCIScript errors at line 180, and no interceptors launching. With the file I uploaded, its working again, but yes I'm not 100% sure its correct. @Miguel21

yes, I can confirm that the getCategory() function has been debugged, but this has changed the way the old scripts work. I think a lot of programmers are going to have to rethink their scripts (mist, CTLD, etc...).

Your file crashes if a Harm shot is fired in the detection zone. That's why you need to adopt the method I've given you:

I'll also have to review all the DCE files, as a lot of getCategory() are used there, and destruction records are no longer taken into account.
So yes, for the moment, the DCE are unplayable.
A fix is in preparation.

• Like 1

DCE_Manager

On 11/25/2023 at 8:58 AM, Miguel21 said:

yes, I can confirm that the getCategory() function has been debugged, but this has changed the way the old scripts work. I think a lot of programmers are going to have to rethink their scripts (mist, CTLD, etc...).

Your file crashes if a Harm shot is fired in the detection zone. That's why you need to adopt the method I've given you:

I'll also have to review all the DCE files, as a lot of getCategory() are used there, and destruction records are no longer taken into account.
So yes, for the moment, the DCE are unplayable.
A fix is in preparation.

Interesting, I haven't seen any crashes, HARMs seem to be working fine in that region. Yes, this has caused a lot of grief in the scripting community, MIST and MOOSE have already had fixes. I've done a general scan through and this looked like the worst affected. Most of the event stuff is being recorded fine - statics being destroyed, aircraft airborne or on ground are fine. Possibly an issue with attacks of ground groups - I'm seeing F-15s just turn around and refuse with dumb bombs at the point the customgroupattack is triggered, but no crashes in logs. Attacks of statics are fine.

Is there a way to "update" an older campaign?

I'd like to play a P-51 campaign on Normandy 2.0, and the old one hangs: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311297/

DCS.log:

2023-11-24 12:37:04.910 ALERT   LUACOMMON (Main): Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1672: attempt to index field 'callsign' (a number value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1672: in function 'getNewCallsign'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:2283: in function 'load'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:1066: in function 'func'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_waitDsbweb.lua"]:50: in function 'updater'
	[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

Thanks!

Edited by dlder

5 hours ago, dlder said:

Is there a way to "update" an older campaign?

I'd like to play a P-51 campaign on Normandy 2.0, and the old one hangs: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311297/

DCS.log:

2023-11-24 12:37:04.910 ALERT   LUACOMMON (Main): Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1672: attempt to index field 'callsign' (a number value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1672: in function 'getNewCallsign'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:2283: in function 'load'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_campaign.lua"]:1066: in function 'func'
	[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_waitDsbweb.lua"]:50: in function 'updater'
	[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

Thanks!

Hi
unfortunately, Eagle no longer responds and therefore, no longer follows its campaigns.

I'll try to help you (but no guarantee, I don't have the WW2 modules).

First you need to use the latest scriptsmod (I'm preparing the release) 20.67.405 (download it here)

- then replace base_mission with this one (the original one is too old, even for DCS)

- then, in Init/path.bat :
 replace the scriptsmod version with NG, like this:
set "versionPackageICM=NG"

- launch DCE_Manager (download it from my signature, if you don't have it), "campaign" tab (this automatically modifies the rest of the path)

- run FirstMission.bat once (it updates conf_mod)

- if there is no mission generation, stop the DOS window and open the conf_mod file,
onlyDayMission = true,
selectLoadout = "init",

- restart FirstMission.bat

There you go, there may still be some "mini" radio frequency bug info, notably from the FW1090 (I'll have to look into that), but it should work.

I know, it doesn't look easy, but if you tell me it works, I'll make eyes at Cef and get him to upload the updated Eagle campaigns.

scriptsMod_405.zip base_mission.miz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCE_Manager

Hey, thanks mate, really appreciate it!

Will try all that and check out DCE_Manager.

Cheers!

edit: is there an easy way to download the newest stuff?

I couldn't find "scriptsmod" or "base_mission" to DL anywhere; is there a Github or User Files link?
Also: your DCE_Manager has a User Link download, but it's older then the one linked in your signature?

Edited by dlder