Back in the day!

Greb

Who remembers the original Flanker? We've come a long way baby! I remember my buddies giving me shit because it was Russian....funny how they didn't feel the same about Ferrari's just because they're Italian!

Yes it's been a few years but I remember the Flanker, I think I still have my copy in my archives.:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

There ya go Hawkeye ...nice to see the diehards are still around!

Yea......

Dam , getting old...........

I still have this disk somewhere......

Is this the same program that became Flanker 2.5?

2.5 still runs on a modern pc!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Pretty sure I don't have Flanker anymore but still have my copies of Flanker 2 and LOMAC boxed up somewhere along with my old Microprose titles.

Honestly though, I never gave Flanker or Falcon 4 the time they deserved when they were new. It was only much later when I'd reached a point where I had the time and patience to really learn them, probably around Flaming Cliffs 2 I guess.

I had the first Flanker version. Don't know where the disk right now. I remember how hard and frustrating it was to play because its all cyrilic. Couldnt even shoot a single missile :D

Great memories.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Who remembers the original Flanker? We've come a long way baby! I remember my buddies giving me shit because it was Russian....funny how they didn't feel the same about Ferrari's just because they're Italian!

I have my Flanker T-shirt and name in the manual as one of the Beta testers. Those were the days.

it did! Flanker..Flanker 2..Lomac.. Flaming Cliffs ..DCS....

I remember A2A Guns missions ..start friday night and wouldn't shut it down until sunday night...ADDICT!

H2H, Level pass - no break until crossing the 3/9 line. Tons of fun.

Then the Hunt - Yup, dodging in and out of the hills. One scanning right, one left one low and then engaging for a free-for-all unless you got a good bounce. Full throttle, flaps down and circle until someone made a mistake.

Who remembers the great Flanker Ladder?

:)