Moltar's Mod Pack

So where do I install these files?

I get confused now do they go into the DCS folder or into the saved games folder?

SD

They should be installed in the DCS main folder. However. I would highly suggest you download OVGME to handle mod installs as it will allow you to install and uninstall the mods without overwriting files. A link to it should be in the OP.

Happy to announce that the mod pack now includes ECHO19's FA-18 Hornet Sound Mod that was released today by I_Gamer! New version of the my Moltar's Mod - Sound will be 1.6.0, can be downloaded directly or through OvGME and will include ECHO19's I_Gamer's awesome mod.

Edited by M0ltar

excellent, thanks for the update!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Before I say anything, I will say that I have an older version of your mod pack, and haven't updated it since I got it around June, but in case you still have these following locations for sounds in your updated version, I suggest you poke in there and change these...

Regarding the sound mod pack, I found two issues with the locations of a couple files/samples. I don't know if these have been fixed since, but here's what I found in my install:

In the mod pack, WarningTone1 was located in Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts, when it actually should go into Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts/Cockpits.

The WaterMove sound is in the mod is also located in Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts, but it should actually be placed under Sounds/Effects.

I have also found some problems with the 109 sounds in the mod. The StarterReductIn, StarterSpin1In and StarterSpin2In are located in Mods/aircraft/BF-109K-4/Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts/BF-109K-4/Cockpit, when they should be located in Mods/aircraft/BF-109K-4/Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts/Engines/DB605/Cockpit.

In the CoreMods folder, the MiG-21bis folder is blank. There are no sound samples.

(Also M0ltar, I highly suggest you check out Jafa's Mustang and Spitfire sounds. The only sounds that overlap between the two are the wind, rolling, and damage sounds, and a far noise sound and that's it. Rlaxoxo has some good sounds for the Spitfire's firepower, making it sound just as described by pilots, as "heavy fabric ripping. I've combined these three and it is an entirely new experience. I regard Jafa's sounds as the best modded sounds available anywhere for the DCS P-51 and Spitfire.)

Edited by Magic Zach
regarding spit and pony...

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Before I say anything, I will say that I have an older version of your mod pack, and haven't updated it since I got it around June, but in case you still have these following locations for sounds in your updated version, I suggest you poke in there and change these...

Regarding the sound mod pack, I found two issues with the locations of a couple files/samples. I don't know if these have been fixed since, but here's what I found in my install:

In the mod pack, WarningTone1 was located in Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts, when it actually should go into Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts/Cockpits.

The WaterMove sound is in the mod is also located in Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts, but it should actually be placed under Sounds/Effects.

I have also found some problems with the 109 sounds in the mod. The StarterReductIn, StarterSpin1In and StarterSpin2In are located in Mods/aircraft/BF-109K-4/Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts/BF-109K-4/Cockpit, when they should be located in Mods/aircraft/BF-109K-4/Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts/Engines/DB605/Cockpit.

In the CoreMods folder, the MiG-21bis folder is blank. There are no sound samples.

(Also M0ltar, I highly suggest you check out Jafa's Mustang and Spitfire sounds. The only sounds that overlap between the two are the wind, rolling, and damage sounds, and a far noise sound and that's it. Rlaxoxo has some good sounds for the Spitfire's firepower, making it sound just as described by pilots, as "heavy fabric ripping. I've combined these three and it is an entirely new experience. I regard Jafa's sounds as the best modded sounds available anywhere for the DCS P-51 and Spitfire.)

Thank you for all the input! Alot of those sounds were orphaned sounds that I had forgotten about, so thank you for highlighting them.

As for the Mig21... Leatherneck has that thing butchered in the sound department. For whatever reason it is using the Su25 sounds instead of the Mig21 sounds that are in the DCS directory. I guess when I figured this out I removed the sounds I had, but forgot to remove the folders.

While Jafa's sounds are awesome, they overlap with the jet sounds which is why they are not included. I wanted to intiially, but due to conflicts with other modules it just didn't work.

Do you have a link to the Spitfire's gun mod?

Thank you for all the input! Alot of those sounds were orphaned sounds that I had forgotten about, so thank you for highlighting them.

As for the Mig21... Leatherneck has that thing butchered in the sound department. For whatever reason it is using the Su25 sounds instead of the Mig21 sounds that are in the DCS directory. I guess when I figured this out I removed the sounds I had, but forgot to remove the folders.

While Jafa's sounds are awesome, they overlap with the jet sounds which is why they are not included. I wanted to intiially, but due to conflicts with other modules it just didn't work.

Do you have a link to the Spitfire's gun mod?

I went ahead and updated myself to the latest version of your sound mod pack. I see you updated it at least within the last handful of hours :smilewink:

It also looks like you have found Rlaxox's Spitfire sounds on your own :thumbup: Not sure why they aren't up on the UserFiles (at least that I've found). I found them through his dropbox, which I found through his video showcasing his sounds. I'm assuming that's how you found it.

I can understand why you wouldn't include Jafa's sounds. He did go all-out on them. Most of the overlapping files are SDEFs (there are sound samples, but they sound identical). I still think the interference is minimal (as far as PlaneMove, Wind, and Turbulence SDEFs, the differences are minimal). The biggest ones that interfere are the PlaneFarNoise and the MissileLaunchIn. Jafa has the Gain on 0.0, while yours is at 15!:lol: And, being meant for old warbirds, the MissileLaunch sound is considerably louder in his mod than in yours.

And between his Spitfire and Mustang sounds, all the files that overlap are duplicates of each other.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

With the latest patch, this no longer passes IC

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

Unfortunately, same happens here.

I think I have this fixed and have uploaded new versions of Moltar's Mod Pack - Sounds and Moltar's Mod - Map - Mustang's Map Textures - Caucuses. I have added Echo 19's new F-18C sound mod changes and added changes from Mustang that I believe is what was breaking IC for you guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
New version of the sound mod has been uploaded and can be downloaded here or at the main download links.
Nice, love the modpack and especially the "autoupdate" possibility!

Two questions thou;

1. Is there a changing for the updates?

2. Is the Caucasus texture pack not supposed to pass IC?

Trigger IC when I enable it, but might be me being stupid :-P

A part of NOSIG

Glad the update through OvGME is working out for you! Changelogs are something I need to crackdown on. Honestly, I’ve just been lazy and not done them. As for the Caucuses, I thought I fixed that. I’ll have to check.

Nice, love the modpack and especially the "autoupdate" possibility!

Two questions thou;

1. Is there a changing for the updates?

2. Is the Caucasus texture pack not supposed to pass IC?

Trigger IC when I enable it, but might be me being stupid :-P

A part of NOSIG

Mustang's Texture Pack does pass IC asI just checked. However, if you disconnect from a server it will show the red shield and not pass IC any longer. This is a bug with DCS and has been identified in Mustang's mod thread. If you DCS from a server, you need to close DCS entirely and then relaunch.

• 2 weeks later...