Just some JTAC Lasing GBU-12 Employment Demonstrationing :)

Jabbers_

Just one question: despite the ability of using laser guided bombs spotted by JTAC, can the AV8B use laser to spot target autonomously with AN/AAQ-28V LITENING targeting pod?

Edited by Solid84

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

Just one question: despite the ability of using laser guided bombs spotted by JTAC, can the AV8B use laser to spot target autonomously with AN/AAQ-28V LITENING targeting pod?

I answered that in the video :)

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I guess that AV8B N/A could probably change the laser code of the LITENING pod, because it is simple, but is it able to change PAVEWAY/JDAM's laser code like the A-10C ?

Yes you can change the laser code in the A-10, its pretty easy, for the AV8B I couldn't find much about it last night, and the section in the pocket guide was empty, so its either not implemented, or just not documented.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

I answered that in the video :)

Sorry for that. My 3 years old son, when i watch any sort of dcs video, doesn't leave me alone. Take the joystick in his hands and try to fly, causing confusion in my head! :-D

Edited by Solid84

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

Sorry for that. My 3 years old son, when i watch any sort of dcs video, doesn't leave me alone. Take the joystick in his hands and try to fly, causing confusion in my head! :-D

Ah no worries man, it was short, easily missed :)

Yes you can change the laser code in the A-10, its pretty easy, for the AV8B I couldn't find much about it last night, and the section in the pocket guide was empty, so its either not implemented, or just not documented.

I thought it was documented. There are two ways to change laser code:

If you are carrying laser guided weapons, there is a CODE option in the STRS page that is active when you select the weapon. I'm not sure if that is true for GBUs but it should. If it isn't then I will correct that.

The 2nd way is weapon independent: You go to the DMT page, and click on the CODE option.

You cannot edit the laser code from the TPOD (litening) page. Remember that the TPOD is not recognized as an aircraft sensor so integration is quite limited.

Laser code is entered via UFC.

Aircraft always start with default code 1111. You have to change it after you are in the air, because as soon as your wheels touch the ground the code will revert to 1111.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hey Jabbers, have you given air ti air refueling a shot yet? :pilotfly:

I have, but its not working in my build, If i get a new build with it working I'll shoot some video.

I thought it was documented. There are two ways to change laser code:

If you are carrying laser guided weapons, there is a CODE option in the STRS page that is active when you select the weapon. I'm not sure if that is true for GBUs but it should. If it isn't then I will correct that.

The 2nd way is weapon independent: You go to the DMT page, and click on the CODE option.

You cannot edit the laser code from the TPOD (litening) page. Remember that the TPOD is not recognized as an aircraft sensor so integration is quite limited.

Laser code is entered via UFC.

Aircraft always start with default code 1111. You have to change it after you are in the air, because as soon as your wheels touch the ground the code will revert to 1111.

I either didnt see a section specifically on self lasing, or am blind and just didnt see it. I shall look again.

I either didnt see a section specifically on self lasing, or am blind and just didnt see it. I shall look again.

Self lasing is not enabled yet. I hope to have it working by next Friday along with other TPOD features.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Soooooo that means..... EA release next Friday? :P

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Soooooo that means..... EA release next Friday? :P

Hmmmm .... No comments. :smartass: