Constant Right Hand Bank

McG

My Setup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick and Throttle

CH Pro Pedals

When I check the axis tune in DCS all appears normal with the axis properly centred. I have tried 0 deadzone and deadzones of up to 10. I have tried curves of +25 and -25.

I have also calibrated the joystick and pedals using Windows control panel.

Regardless of what I do to the setup the aircraft banks right at all times, which makes take offs etc interesting.

Any ideas as to how to resolve this?

I have a MS sidewinder force feedback 2 and since last update in 1.5 I flew a mission in A10C : plane start with a big trim applied to the right and little forward. I had to retrim (no trim recentering if I'm right in a10c). I thought a momentary bug that will be soon corrected but saw no post about it.

Several planes need to hit trim recenter at start (su27/su33) or retrim cause no recenter button (su25/25T) but never had the A10....

Aye that I remember. I also recall there is some calibration software from Thrustmaster that fixed it for my situation.

I didn't let windows touch it.

Also I still have the files. One for the throttle, the other for stick,

they should be in good condition as I used them once only.

Good luck.

All planes - I have the A-10, Hawk, P-51 and SU-25.

This happens with all planes or with specific planes?

Don't use Windows calibration, use the software provide by joystick/pedal manufacturer.

My Setup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick and Throttle

CH Pro Pedals

When I check the axis tune in DCS all appears normal with the axis properly centred. I have tried 0 deadzone and deadzones of up to 10. I have tried curves of +25 and -25.

I have also calibrated the joystick and pedals using Windows control panel.

Regardless of what I do to the setup the aircraft banks right at all times, which makes take offs etc interesting.

Any ideas as to how to resolve this?

Any chance of posting up a track or video of a take-off showing your Controls Indicator In-Cockpit?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

McG said he checked axis in DCS and all is centered. It's more I think a trim bug.

I've just seen that with A10c since last 1.5.8 update - before that trim was centered by default in this plane but now there is a big trim to right and little forward when starting to fly.

McG I bet if you hit "recenter trim" button, if the plane has one, or if you put trim to left then it's ok ?

Thanks for the info.

I've attached a picture showing the controls position when trying to maintain level flight.

This is with my feet off the pedals.

I do have an extension fitted to my Warthog stick, but I don't see how that could cause any issues.

Mark

917420913_dcscontrols.thumb.jpg.f704009ff9903afad592a4845c5ab346.jpg

Check your key/controller bindings?

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Tried a couple more things:

- calibrated stick using the Thrustmaster calibration tool 1.13

- checked the rubber gromit in the pressure pad of the stick

- deleted the modifier and hat switch combo I had set up for trim.

Still getting a pull to the right.

Testing of this problem continues.

I performed the actions in the sticky thread linked below, including deleting the key bindings and repairing the DCS install.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42462

DXTweak2 showed a small bias to the right on the X axis and a small bias forward on the Y axis.

I then used the calibration delete tool and ran DXTweak2 again. This time it showed the X axis and Y axis properly centred.

The Z axis on the CH pedals seems to be jittery when viewed in DXTweak2.

Running the Nevada A-10C Take Off, I again get a pull to the right once airborne, and when hands off the controller, the aircraft turns to the right.

I am resetting all trims to zero and the setting take off trim.

Testing of this problem continues.

I performed the actions in the sticky thread linked below, including deleting the key bindings and repairing the DCS install.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42462

DXTweak2 showed a small bias to the right on the X axis and a small bias forward on the Y axis.

I then used the calibration delete tool and ran DXTweak2 again. This time it showed the X axis and Y axis properly centred.

The Z axis on the CH pedals seems to be jittery when viewed in DXTweak2.

Running the Nevada A-10C Take Off, I again get a pull to the right once airborne, and when hands off the controller, the aircraft turns to the right.

I am resetting all trims to zero and the setting take off trim.

It is normal for most aircraft to have to trim an after takeoff, not sure in the a 10 though. I have always had to trim the aileron on the a-10 after takeoff.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

• 1 month later...

I've spent a bit of time the past month trying to track down the root of this problem, including re-installing DCS2.0 Open Alpha and the A-10C and recalibrating all of my controllers - Thrustmaster Warthog stick & throttle and CH pedals.

The issue only presents itself in DCS2.0. In DCS 1.58 the aircraft behaves normally on take off.

I've attached a copy of the track file for the A-10C Instant Action Nellis Take Off mission.

You can see that as soon as I pull back on the stick I get a big bank to the right, followed by an over correction to the left as I attempt to keep the aircraft from rolling into the ground.

Any thoughts as to the cause.

Takeoff Test.trk

I've spent a bit of time the past month trying to track down the root of this problem, including re-installing DCS2.0 Open Alpha and the A-10C and recalibrating all of my controllers - Thrustmaster Warthog stick & throttle and CH pedals.

The issue only presents itself in DCS2.0. In DCS 1.58 the aircraft behaves normally on take off.

I've attached a copy of the track file for the A-10C Instant Action Nellis Take Off mission.

You can see that as soon as I pull back on the stick I get a big bank to the right, followed by an over correction to the left as I attempt to keep the aircraft from rolling into the ground.

Any thoughts as to the cause.

I'll look into it...

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

I'll look into it...

Sorry, I just realized i cant help you, i don't have nevada.

Can you make a video by chance?

Do you trim after take-off? almost all aircraft require trim, especially asymmetrically loaded ones.

Kolga,

Thanks for your offer of help.

With help from some folks on the A-10C sub forum, it transpires that the issue is with not accounting for the crosswind during take off and applying appropriate into wind aileron.

Feel a bit stupid now for not recognising this earlier.

Mark

Kolga,

Thanks for your offer of help.

With help from some folks on the A-10C sub forum, it transpires that the issue is with not accounting for the crosswind during take off and applying appropriate into wind aileron.

Feel a bit stupid now for not recognising this earlier.

Mark

Sorry i couldn't help, glad you got it figured out. Don't feel stupid, we all had to learn sometime!