Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

This is a little out there... but I've incorporated Bankler's Case I Recovery Trainer into the mission. I'm running into an issue with Airboss working with Bankler's. It seems Airboss is not handling the birth event as expected by the Bankler's code. I'm throwing a scripting error for "getPlayerName (a nil value)." 

If anybody has tried this and been successful please let me know. I know Airboss and Bankler's can work together because I've seen it on a handful of MP servers, I'm just having an issue running this bug down. I'll post a snippit of my log here. I know this isn't directly TTI related, but the base mission is Georgian Coast so I thought this was a good place to come look for assistance!! Thanks in advance.

INFO    Scripting (Main): event:type=takeoff,initiatorPilotName=conRAD,place=CVN-7X,t=56.16,initiator_unit_type=FA-18C_hornet,initiator_object_id=17084161,initiator_coalition=2,initiator_ws_type1=1,initiatorMissionID=1872,
INFO    SCRIPTING (Main): TTI: Debug - Spawned object is not a UNIT, skipping BIRTH EVENT handling
INFO    SCRIPTING (Main): 109108(    -1)/I:                       AIRBOSS03641.function(AIRBOSS CVN-7X | Players:
1.) conRAD: Step=Undefined, Unit=Player_05, Airframe=FA-18C_hornet)
ERROR   SCRIPTING (Main): Mission script error: [string "C:\Users\cjmcg\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00006B81.lua"]:187: attempt to call method 'getPlayerName' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'getPlayerName'
    [string "C:\Users\cjmcg\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00006B81.lua"]:187: in function 'New'
    [string "C:\Users\cjmcg\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00006B81.lua"]:577: in function 'Init'
    [string "Init(5, true)"]:1: in main chunk

EDIT: Fixed!! GetPlayerName is the DCS function… getPlayerName is the necessary MOOSE function. Syntax strikes again. 

Edited by conRAD9055

On 4/24/2023 at 1:55 PM, deadlyfishes said:

Probably something from the latest DCS update - Looking into it! Thanks 😄

It's working again with yesterdays update. Thanks.

Edited by Habu-z

On 5/5/2023 at 3:25 PM, Habu-z said:

It's working again with yesterdays update. Thanks.

Oh awesome! I'm still working out a few annoying kinks here and there on the TTI side of things as well. Thanks for the heads up!

On 5/2/2023 at 7:09 PM, conRAD9055 said:

This is a little out there... but I've incorporated Bankler's Case I Recovery Trainer into the mission. I'm running into an issue with Airboss working with Bankler's. It seems Airboss is not handling the birth event as expected by the Bankler's code. I'm throwing a scripting error for "getPlayerName (a nil value)." 

If anybody has tried this and been successful please let me know. I know Airboss and Bankler's can work together because I've seen it on a handful of MP servers, I'm just having an issue running this bug down. I'll post a snippit of my log here. I know this isn't directly TTI related, but the base mission is Georgian Coast so I thought this was a good place to come look for assistance!! Thanks in advance.

INFO    Scripting (Main): event:type=takeoff,initiatorPilotName=conRAD,place=CVN-7X,t=56.16,initiator_unit_type=FA-18C_hornet,initiator_object_id=17084161,initiator_coalition=2,initiator_ws_type1=1,initiatorMissionID=1872,
INFO    SCRIPTING (Main): TTI: Debug - Spawned object is not a UNIT, skipping BIRTH EVENT handling
INFO    SCRIPTING (Main): 109108(    -1)/I:                       AIRBOSS03641.function(AIRBOSS CVN-7X | Players:
1.) conRAD: Step=Undefined, Unit=Player_05, Airframe=FA-18C_hornet)
ERROR   SCRIPTING (Main): Mission script error: [string "C:\Users\cjmcg\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00006B81.lua"]:187: attempt to call method 'getPlayerName' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'getPlayerName'
    [string "C:\Users\cjmcg\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00006B81.lua"]:187: in function 'New'
    [string "C:\Users\cjmcg\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00006B81.lua"]:577: in function 'Init'
    [string "Init(5, true)"]:1: in main chunk

EDIT: Fixed!! GetPlayerName is the DCS function… getPlayerName is the necessary MOOSE function. Syntax strikes again. 

Ahh yeah its a weird timing bug with events. Hope it's working okay now

On 5/4/2023 at 10:49 AM, harv said:

Does anybody know how to make your chosen plane start on the runway ready to go? 

You have to change the slot in the mission editor to "Start from Runway"

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Two issues that are related to the F-14:

On the supercarrier the plane director(s) doesn't give the hand signal for unfolding wings, just a very minor bug. After taxiing and stopping, they skip to the launch bar signal. It's only in the TTI mission, verified with a custom made mission and there it works as intended.

Another one is that we have two AWACS frequencies for the E-3A "Overlord 1-1", at least in the JESTER menu and kneeboard page (see attached file).

image.png

Edited by Lukas2438

On 6/4/2023 at 3:24 AM, Lukas2438 said:

On the supercarrier the plane director(s) doesn't give the hand signal for unfolding wings, just a very minor bug. After taxiing and stopping, they skip to the launch bar signal. It's only in the TTI mission, verified with a custom made mission and there it works as intended.

Another one is that we have two AWACS frequencies for the E-3A "Overlord 1-1", at least in the JESTER menu and kneeboard page (see attached file).

image.png

The double AWACs might be an easy fix, but the super carrier thing, I don't do any scripting for carriers so that's really odd... I might need to 'refresh' the units and save it. I'm working on a new update that incorporates a few fixes and adds the Sinai Map.

• Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

On 6/4/2023 at 3:24 AM, Lukas2438 said:

image.png

Yeah looks like the scripting logic changed a bit on the ED side - However I think it should be more clear since I gave the template AWACS a name that makes sense that it's non-active and is just a template. I might need to re-code the awacs setup but it's likely this may fix itself over the next few DCS updates. I'll be tracking it for sure.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Update June 11, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.5a

• Added new TTI Sinai SP Maps that include two variations - Cairo and Northern regions.

• Su-24M CAS variant now available as enemy AI in spawning pools and Zeus.

• Fixed an issue where friendly CAP reinforcements were not taking off on the proper airfield on some TTI SP Maps.

• Template AWACS unit re-named to ensure that F-14A/B datalink information is more clear which one is a template unit and is inactive.

• Fixed compatibility issues with the TTI SP Normandy - Normandy 2 is now fully working and compatible.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177ydPq1tJsOli7tKKKAuPxybfOw2yAo5
  • Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 7:11 PM, DeathRaptor5 said:

F10 menue is broken in caucasus map.

In what way? Already known there is an extra F10 menu item for the root (first page of F10) menu

"Through The Inferno"

1 hour ago, deadlyfishes said:

In what way? Already known there is an extra F10 menu item for the root (first page of F10) menu

I'm unable to acess any of the scrips or manualy spawn mission with default settings enable.

Edited by DeathRaptor5

• 3 months later...

Update October 26, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.8a

• JTAC/AFAC Drones will now prioritize air defenses before targeting armor, then soft targets, then finally infantry.

• Option added for JTAC/AFAC Drones to prioritize air defenses or to choose targets at random. Prioritizing air defenses is the default setting.

• Extended the F10 Other - Menu options for JTAC/AFAC target status by adding options for the time to display the status pop-up, similar to the active target location options.

• Fixed an issue in the Caucasus mission where some F10 - Other menu options were duplicated and caused spawning issues.

• Added method within the RAT.lua to change whether certain RAT spawns start on runway, hot or cold on ramp. These options are not exposed in the mission settings, but can be changed in the lua for ease of future updates for the mission designer.

• Cleaned up the startup script and settings text and consolidated to a single text box. This status message can be disabled in the mission settings. Additionally, you can see the script and startup status of the mission via the F10. Other Misc Mission Tools and Utils Menu.

• Fixed an issue (DCS 2.9 OB) where kill messages were being triggered by A2G units hitting a player

Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

HOTFIX October 29, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.8b (Caucasus)

• Fixed an issue where mission eras other than "MODERN" were not loading missions properly.

Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation:

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

Update November 18, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.9a

• Ensure compatibility with DCS Open Beta DCS 2.9.1.48111 or later:
    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.9.1.48111/
  • Fixed many script errors relating to CTLD, CSAR, Tanker Spawns and other core scripts relating to DCS Engine Update. Please ensure that you do not use any DCS Open Beta version earlier than DCS Open Beta DCS 2.9.1.48111 which was released on November 11, 2023.

• Fixed an issue where some MISSION ERAs and WW2 Asset Pack were not working, causing script errors on some maps.

• Skynet IADs now has a proper Red EW to ensure working Skynet IAD SAMs.

• Added an option to load/read mission settings from local files on your PC, that do not require re-saving or re-loading scripts into the mission via the editor. This is not the default behavior, you must change this in the DEFINE MISSION LOAD SETTINGS in the MISSION EDITOR first. See documentation and included text file for details.

Edited by deadlyfishes
  • Thanks 4

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 7:45 AM, motoadve said:

@deadlyfishes Thanks for doing this, how do I make it WWII?

I went to editor, triggers Set era, I click on it then what do I do?

in the text box on the left side once you see the era setting in the trigger list, change "modern" to "ww2" and save the mission.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2023 at 12:16 PM, SickSidewinder9 said:

Is there a quick way to make sure only Eastern planes spawn as bad guys like on your servers?  AI wingmen for SP?

easiest way is to use the method where settings get loaded via text files on your PC, this way you can edit the settings in the text file and it gets loaded everytime your server starts. No need to update the miz anymore. Easier to configure it in text editor, save and run mission. See the guide on local file settings on our documentation drive https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ILao-lGugz-CZM_hVPQN0NP8mYIkEGUqIuIIbBFyKuU/edit?usp=drive_link

"Through The Inferno"

On 1/13/2024 at 10:06 AM, deadlyfishes said:

easiest way is to use the method where settings get loaded via text files on your PC, this way you can edit the settings in the text file and it gets loaded everytime your server starts. No need to update the miz anymore. Easier to configure it in text editor, save and run mission. See the guide on local file settings on our documentation drive https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ILao-lGugz-CZM_hVPQN0NP8mYIkEGUqIuIIbBFyKuU/edit?usp=drive_link

Thanks, I'll be sure to look that over.  What I mean, though, is that, at least in an old version I once ran, I had to go through and comment out all the Western planes that spawned as enemies by default.  There were 16's and 18's spawning as Red Air.

On 1/19/2024 at 5:34 PM, SickSidewinder9 said:

Thanks, I'll be sure to look that over.  What I mean, though, is that, at least in an old version I once ran, I had to go through and comment out all the Western planes that spawned as enemies by default.  There were 16's and 18's spawning as Red Air.

Gotcha - Yeah, this is still the case but it is easier to edit now.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for the great quest, I have been experiencing it for a long time
I'm glad that the addition of IADS has greatly improved my experience.
I really want to experience the use of FOX-1 with an aircraft. In the 1980s, will there be missions set in this time period in the future?