VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hollywood, I have 2 questions.

1. After spending an hour teaching Vaicom all 450 DCS words I updated to VA 1.6.9 (see below for reason). Do I have to repeat that process (I didnt uninstall the old version of VA, just updated it and all Vaicom files seem to be interact).

2. After updating I get the same error message I got in the older version of VA (which prompted me to make the update). See attached.

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6538873431432367922?authkey=CJOewpTkstLQwAE

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Hollywood, I have 2 questions.

1. After spending an hour teaching Vaicom all 450 DCS words I updated to VA 1.6.9 (see below for reason). Do I have to repeat that process (I didnt uninstall the old version of VA, just updated it and all Vaicom files seem to be interact).

2. After updating I get the same error message I got in the older version of VA (which prompted me to make the update). See attached.

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6538873431432367922?authkey=CJOewpTkstLQwAE

You'll see this message when you've changed profile.

VAICOM PRO uses only a single profile and switching is not necessary.

Select the correct profile i.e. 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World', restart VA and things will be back to normal.

https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

No need to repeat the training.

Cheers

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

You'll see this message when you've changed profile.

VAICOM PRO uses only a single profile and switching is not necessary.

Select the correct profile i.e. 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World', restart VA and things will be back to normal.

https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

No need to repeat the training.

Cheers

LOL! Switching was necessary so I could use my original Voice Attack DCS DCS Profile because Vaicom screwed up my A10C PTT bindings royally. I use the china hat on the CH throttle for PTT and its now mapped to the buttons on the throttle grip front area. I realize I have to figure out how to fix that, but wanting to fly I have switched back to my "normal" Voice Attack DCS profile since the other is a mess right now.

Edited by lasvideo

+++ 2.5.1 available +++

Hi all

As a reminder to existing 2.5.0 users: latest version update 2.5.1 can now be downloaded from the website.

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

Carefully follow the included installation instructions.

This update features Cargo/Descent support, improved F10 menu options and extended callsigns range for JTAC communications.

As Easter Egg the latest build now also features an improved PTT page with automatic refresh function.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3433007&postcount=399

Happy Easter!

/Hollywood

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Since Vaicom doesn't install itself as a traditional Windows program that can be uninstalled by locating it in the Windows Program menu, do you provide an uninstaller utility.? Vaicom places itself in several areas, some more obscure then others. I didn't see one and had to spend a bit of time searching for all its "hiding" places. Those of us that decide its not for us would appreciate an easier way to remove it from our systems.

Since Vaicom doesn't install itself as a traditional Windows program that can be uninstalled by locating it in the Windows Program menu, do you provide an uninstaller utility.? Vaicom places itself in several areas, some more obscure then others. I didn't see one and had to spend a bit of time searching for all its "hiding" places. Those of us that decide its not for us would appreciate an easier way to remove it from our systems.

Agreed, that would be a good feature to have for those just wanting a fresh start as well.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks for clarifying, Hollywood.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hey guys

To uninstall:

1) Reset page -> select all -> reset.

2) Remove VAICOMPRO folder from VA Apps.

3) Done.

Please clarify...

Reset WHICH page? Select all (WHAT files are being selected)?

Done?

Not really I counted at least 5 various places (other then the Vaicom folder) that Vaicom Pro placed files (they are revealed after doing a search of the C; drive for any files named Vaicom).

Edited by lasvideo

Please clarify...

Reset WHICH page? Select all (WHAT files are being selected)?

You're not resetting any page. Hollywood is talking about the 'Reset Page' in Vaicom. Select all 5 options and press 'Master Zero' switch, I think.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned before... Lots of reading to be done.

How do you add your own programmed keystrokes to be included in the TX1: VHF AM voice command group for example? And so they only work on the TX1: button? The add new command in the Keywords Editor just refers to the plugin dll and not intuitive in adding keystrokes.

Thanks.

Hi Brass,

You can add those by editing the TX1 Press and/or TX1 Release command in the VA profile.

When you edit these commands in VA you'll see that there is a 'start/stop listening' and plugin call action already listed.

You add your keypresses or other additonal actions you want to use there.

If you need more help with this feel free to send me a PM.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

You got a new user onboard after briefly checking some videos about the software. Great work!

A quick question regarding the addition of additional commands;

I've added additional commands in the "Additional" category, is that where they have to be? Does it make a difference where they are placed?

Awaiting the possible addition of pre-configured cockpit control commands, is it possible to configure a command to be specific for an aircraft type? I.e. if I say "gear down" while flying the A-10C, a specific keyboard input is executed, whereas if I fly the K50 and say "gear down" a keyboard input combination specific to that type is executed?

@Cartok Thanks! :thumbup:

You can put your own commands in Additional category but you can make your own categories also, it doesn't matter.

Regarding module-specific commands the short answer is not yet, for the moment you need to would use the same keybinds across modules.

On my to-do list for future updates is exposing the active module name as a VoiceAttack variable so you can make your own commands module- dependent.

So not there yet, but on the list!

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Cartok Thanks! :thumbup:

You can put your own commands in Additional category but you can make your own categories also, it doesn't matter.

Regarding module-specific commands the short answer is not yet, for the moment you need to would use the same keybinds across modules.

On my to-do list for future updates is exposing the active module name as a VoiceAttack variable so you can make your own commands module- dependent.

So not there yet, but on the list!

Perfect, appreciate the quick reply! :)

Hi Hollywood, first thanks for this great software :thumbup: I love the fact that it doesn't use the menus and the documentation is also very well written.

I have a small problem though. It seems VAICOM does not detect my correct DCS folder. So when I start DCS the current module is not recognized, easy comms is assumed to be on even though it is not etc. Refreshing the settings on the PTT tab does not work and instead shows the DCS radio menu.

So here is the output of the log:

VAICOM PRO logfile
DCS World version 2.5 not found.
DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta
  Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta
  [color="Lime"]DCS World installation path = E:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta[/color]
  Saved Games folder = D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
  Installation OK: Export.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.
  Installation OK: VAICOMPRO.export.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.
  Installation OK: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.
  Installation OK: speech.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.
DCS World version 2.2 OpenAlpha not found.
DCS World installation found: version x.x
  Steam install found for x.x
  [color="Red"]DCS World installation path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\[/color]
  Saved Games folder = D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\
  Installation OK: Export.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.
  Installation OK: VAICOMPRO.export.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.
  Installation OK: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.
  Installation OK: speech.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.
Checking VA profile.
Updating keywords database...
Success.
Loading keywords database...
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Imported menu items 
Adding 0 imported ATCs.
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Ready for commands.
PTT: Client sent update request
Updating config file.
Updating config file.

The green path shows the DCS version I'm running. However, VAICOM also detects a steam version of DCS (red). It's strange because I never had a steam version of DCS installed.

Can I somehow remove that wrong DCS version? Or what would you say is the reason why VAICOM does not detect the used module?

Edit: Okay, seems to work with the "include custom folders" option :)

Edited by funkyfranky

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Keyword Editor Update Issue

Hello Hollywood,

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but I cannot find an answer. When I try to update the keywords editor after I have made changes, the VA "When I say" line is blank and there is no CTRL-A or CTRL-V functionality. See attached image. I have purchased a license and my DCS modules are installed on a separate dedicated hard drive.

Thank you!

2003165217_KeywordEditor.thumb.png.6ef54694fe154d4ea746232426bfad87.png

System Specs: i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz 1.35V HT Off|Asus Maximus XI|Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti|G.Skill Trident Z 64GB DDR4 3200MHz C14|Samsung 2TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (DCS)|Samsung 1TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (Win 10)|Corsair HX850i|Custom Loop

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Mac - Yes I noticed the field looks blank these days (it looks like a minor VA GUI glitch) but all functionality is still there as normal.

Just follow the FINISH steps i.e Crtl-A, Delete, Ctrl-V, and OK and the profile is correctly updated with the new keywords.

Hope this helps.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thank you!

System Specs: i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz 1.35V HT Off|Asus Maximus XI|Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti|G.Skill Trident Z 64GB DDR4 3200MHz C14|Samsung 2TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (DCS)|Samsung 1TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (Win 10)|Corsair HX850i|Custom Loop

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hollywood, here is the script I talks about. Thanks a lot for you help :thumbup:

--- Returns the unit of a player and the player name. If the unit does not belong to a player, nil is returned. 
function _GetPlayerUnitAndName(_unitName)
 env.info(tostring(_unitName))

if _unitName ~= nil then

-- Get DCS unit from its name.
   local DCSunit=Unit.getByName(_unitName)

if DCSunit then

local playername=DCSunit:getPlayerName()

if DCSunit and playername then
       env.info("FF | Got new player "..tostring(playername))
       return unit, playername
     end

end

end

-- Return nil if we could not find a player.
 return nil,nil
end

_addedTo = {}
function addF10Commands(_unitName)

local _unit = nil
 if _unitName then
   _unit=Unit.getByName(_unitName)
 end

if _unit then
   local _group = _unit:getGroup()
   if _group  then
     local _gid = _group:getID()
     if not _addedTo[_gid] then

_addedTo[_gid] = true

env.info("FF | added radio command for ".._unitName)

[color="SeaGreen"]        local _rootmenu = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Root Menu")
       local _level1_1 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level1 1", _rootmenu)
       local _level1_2 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level1 2", _rootmenu)

local _level2_11 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 1", _level1_1)
       local _level2_12 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 2", _level1_1)
       local _level2_13 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 3", _level1_1)

local _level2_21 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 1", _level1_2)
       local _level2_22 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 2", _level1_2)
       local _level2_23 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 3", _level1_2)

local _level3_11 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _level2_13)
       local _level3_12 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _level2_13)
       local _level3_13 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _level2_13)

local _level3_21 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _level2_23)
       local _level3_22 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _level2_23)
       local _level3_23 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _level2_23)

local _root2 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Root Menu 2")

local _revel1_1  = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level1 1", _root2)
       local _revel2_11 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 1", _revel1_1)
       local _revel2_12 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 2", _revel1_1)
       local _revel2_13 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 3", _revel1_1)
       local _revel3_11 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _revel2_13)
       local _revel3_12 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _revel2_13)
       local _revel3_13 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _revel2_13)
       local _revel3_21 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _revel2_12)
       local _revel3_22 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _revel2_12)
       local _revel3_23 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _revel2_11)
       local _revel3_31 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _revel2_11)
       local _revel3_32 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _revel2_11)
       local _revel3_33 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _revel2_11)        

local _revel1_2  = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level1 2", _root2)
       local _revel2_21 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 1", _revel1_2)
       local _revel2_22 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 2", _revel1_2)
       local _revel2_23 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 3", _revel1_2)
       local _revel3_41 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _revel2_21)
       local _revel3_42 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _revel2_21)
       local _revel3_43 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _revel2_21)    
       local _revel3_51 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _revel2_22)
       local _revel3_52 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _revel2_22)
       local _revel3_53 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _revel2_22)  
       local _revel3_61 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _revel2_23)
       local _revel3_62 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _revel2_23)
       local _revel3_63 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _revel2_23)[/color]

-- If true VAICOM is not updating the current model when chaning slots, if false everything is fine.
       local not_working=true

[color="Red"]        if not_working then
         local _root3 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Root Menu 3")
         local _sevel1_1  = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level1 1", _root3)
         local _sevel2_11 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 1", _sevel1_1)
         local _sevel2_12 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 2", _sevel1_1)
         local _sevel2_13 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 3", _sevel1_1)
         local _sevel3_11 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _sevel2_13)
         local _sevel3_12 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _sevel2_13)
         local _sevel3_13 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _sevel2_13)
         local _sevel3_21 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _sevel2_12)
         local _sevel3_22 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _sevel2_12)
         local _sevel3_23 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _sevel2_11)
         local _sevel3_31 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _sevel2_11)
         local _sevel3_32 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _sevel2_11)
         local _sevel3_33 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _sevel2_11)        

local _sevel1_2  = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level1 2", _root3)
         local _sevel2_21 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 1", _sevel1_2)
         local _sevel2_22 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 2", _sevel1_2)
         local _sevel2_23 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level2 3", _sevel1_2)
         local _sevel3_41 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _sevel2_21)
         local _sevel3_42 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _sevel2_21)
         local _sevel3_43 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _sevel2_21)    
         local _sevel3_51 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _sevel2_22)
         local _sevel3_52 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _sevel2_22)
         local _sevel3_53 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _sevel2_22)  
         local _sevel3_61 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 1", _sevel2_23)
         local _sevel3_62 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 2", _sevel2_23)
         local _sevel3_63 = missionCommands.addSubMenuForGroup(_gid, "Level3 3", _sevel2_23)[/color]
       end        

end
   end
 end
end

--- Event handler.
_MyEvent={}
function _MyEvent:onEvent(Event)

if Event == nil or Event.initiator == nil then
   env.info("Skipping onEvent. Event or Event.initiator unknown.")
   return true
 end

env.info("FF | event id "..Event.id)

local _playerunit, _playername = _GetPlayerUnitAndName(Event.initiator:getName())

-- Call event Birth function.
 if Event.id==world.event.S_EVENT_BIRTH and _playername then
   env.info("FF | event birth")
   addF10Commands(Event.initiator:getName())
 end

end

-- Add event handler.
world.addEventHandler(_MyEvent)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Sometimes have to press PTT a second time

This doesn't happen all of the time, but usually during a session (early on) I reach a point where PTT no longer sends the command to DCS until I press/release PTT one more time (without saying anything). If I do this that second time and say something, it will both send the previous command and listen/register the one I'm saying (but not send until PTT is then pressed again).

Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Is there something I can do to fix it? I have menus and pilot voice disabled, but this happened regardless of those settings. I am mostly using Ka-50 and Huey.

VAICOM PRO 2.5.1 (also happened in 2.5.0)

Not sure what is wrong. I am just starting to use this for the first time. I am using 'Map single to multi' and set SNGL to TX4. I have Easy Communications on in the game settings.

I am in an F-15 and have turned on the Electric. Then I request to start engines. But nothing happens...

VoiceAttack log window says:

12:32:44 PM - TX4 | AUTO: [ ATC ],[ ],[ ] Request Engines Start [ ] [ ]

12:32:44 PM - Recognized : 'request engines start' (Confidence 64)

So, it recognized and processed my Startup request.

But the game menus don't open and no radio comms were processed in the game.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Can you use va along with ts and srs in multiplayer in place of keyboard commands

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.