VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Question regarding micropause.

It sort of works but I don't think it does.

Here is what happens.

"Two, break left" - this is "recognized" as "to break left" very often and not interpreted/executed by the plugin at all.

"Two, <pause as suggested> break left" - recognized as "two", followed by "break left" which defaults to "two" being ignored and the rest interpreted as "flight, break left" by the plugin. I'd say 90/100 times it's recognized like that.

You can see this in the F-5 video here

At about 17:30 he says"four, engage..." which is interpreted as "flight, engage.." followed by all aircrafts responding to the command. I am pretty sure that "four" has been recognized as a separate command and ignored.

Another example:

(same deal "two" is ignored, the command is issued to all aircrafts in the flight)

This can be a bit disastrous.

Edited by mdee

Hollywood when you can find the time I would like to Meetup in discord ot ts and have you walk me through until I can get it to workin the game the one last help me setup several uh1 commands the best way and once it works when I complete my uh1 commands I’ll be glad to pass them along to you. My idea is since I’m in vr, I wish to speak the checklist have it do the command , also si crew roe and burst command then the last immediate is flares , open cabin doors lt,rt, both plus ctld commands . My idea if the pic would tell the Operater or gunner or in the case ctld the pax to do something then I want it that way with va, also I saw a YouTube video where the pic says selection radio freq then the ai does it I think it also worked for the signal distribution panel radio select the other .thing I’d setting the gauges by voice select gauge setting type thing. So if when /you rtb and catch up please contact me so we can schedule some VoiceAttack for dummies time for my self, I haven’t found the setting to trigger va but not srs so they work together. I’ve got big hopes for va

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

@mdee Can you test some more please and wait until you've seen the '(awaiting additional input)' message.

[sOLVED] needed a bit longer pauses.

@Blackley I'll PM you later.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Got it working, as I suspected, I did something wrong but it should be working now.

Now I just need to find out what the correct pronunciation is for certain words as voice attack doesn't seem fond of my accent or voice ^^

*edit* Now all of a sudden, when I press the shortcut to bring up the configuration menu, Voice Attack stops...anyone had this problem before?

Edited by SafetyTurtle

@mdee Can you test some more please and wait until you've seen the '(awaiting additional input)' message.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Will do and get back to you via PM.

I have a Question, I have my DCS on my H ssd still in program files, when I start Voice Attack I get this message...

14:47:51 - please follow the steps on page 33 of the User Manual for manual .lua files installation.

14:47:51 - If you have used a non-standard installation path outside of Program Files/Eagle Dynamics

14:47:51 - Config: no DCS World installation was automatically detected on this machine.

I have chatter installed aswell which starts working as soon as VA starts,

I do not seem to be able to contact tower in quickstart,

I have done as instructed on page 33.

thanks PigPen..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I have a Question, I have my DCS on my H ssd still in program files, when I start Voice Attack I get this message...

14:47:51 - please follow the steps on page 33 of the User Manual for manual .lua files installation.

14:47:51 - If you have used a non-standard installation path outside of Program Files/Eagle Dynamics

14:47:51 - Config: no DCS World installation was automatically detected on this machine.

thanks PigPen..

I have just purchased the full licence and have the same problem.

I have a Steam installation and followed the .lua instruction on page 33.

All PTT buttons are good, and VoiceAttack is recognising my commands on the VAICOM profile.When I am trying to call the tower on the ground to request start up, I see that the instruction is carried out fine in VA, but nothing happens in game.

If anyone knows what the problem could be please let us know.

Thanks.

I have just purchased the full licence and have the same problem.

I have a Steam installation and followed the .lua instruction on page 33.

All PTT buttons are good, and VoiceAttack is recognising my commands on the VAICOM profile.When I am trying to call the tower on the ground to request start up, I see that the instruction is carried out fine in VA, but nothing happens in game.

If anyone knows what the problem could be please let us know.

Thanks.

Hollywood,

I've also just realised that I have another problem.

I've just watched your YouTube guide. I tried early to use the phrase training tool as you demonstrated.

For me it doesn't work as shown.

When I activate the trainer and go through the words, nothing comes up on the VA console.

Instead, I get MS recognition tool giving out random suggestions for what I've just said.

VA doesn't react.

Thanks,

was there mention of mission F10 menus being accessible via VAICOM in an update?

or did i imagine that?

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

thanks PigPen..

GOOdnight, I managed to sort my problem out. Are you on Win10? Do you have DCS installed on a drive that is not the C drive? If so, what drive is you "Saved Games" folder in your windows User folder? If it is on the C drive still try to move it to the same drive as the DCS intalliation. When I say "move", I mean properly through the properties tab of the "Saved Games" folder.

I genuinely don't know if this was the problem, but mine is now working.

Does VoiceAttack and or Viacom Pro have a discord channel or TeamSpeak channel

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Communications Issues - Tonopah

Hi,

I am using Viacom Pro 2.5 and run in to a lot of comms issues at Tonopah Test Range and other friendly bases after landing. I get the confirmation bleep from Voiceattack/Viacom Pro but the command doesn't get acted upon.

I have noticed these errors in the DCS.log:

2018-05-06 10:18:11.682 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\disabled\callsign\enfield"

2018-05-06 10:18:11.682 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\disabled\digits\1-begin"

2018-05-06 10:18:11.683 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\disabled\digits\1-end"

2018-05-06 10:18:11.683 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\disabled\messages\request landing"

2018-05-06 10:18:31.559 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\disabled\inbound"

2018-05-06 10:18:33.061 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\eng\common\atc\callsign\silverbow"

The wave files exist and are in the DCS game folder. I have recreated my Speech Recognition Profile and trained it in Windows 10 but still run in to the same problem.

Is this a Viacom specific issue or are a number of you experiencing this in DCS stable release 2.5?

Is there are a fix or workaround available?

Regards

Nigel.

i7 8700k @ 4.9 Ghz, MB Asrock Taichi, 32 Meg DDR4, Nvidia GTX 1080TI, Samsung SSD 960 Pro M2.

"The Royal Air Force has a reputation for the delivery of agile, adaptable and capable Air Power".

@Skunk Some added functionality was introduced in 2.5.1, you can check the user manual for details.

@Blacley No. I had a problem with my inbox being full, you may want to resend your PM.

@nholderness There are no issues with the plugin and Nevada theatre.

The log lines shown do not point to any problem, they simply mean pilot voice is switched off in plugin Preferences.

To be clear you will not hear Tonopah ATC pronounce their name/callsign: ED has not (yet) put in the ATC names as spoken phrases for Nevada and Normandy.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hollywood let’s hold off chic from the 229th got me up and going with just va with out the Viacom profile for now.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Something is really wrong with this software. Prior to purchasing it I used Voice attack by itself with a hand made profile, which worked in simple missions. As we put up a dynamic multiplayer mission that saw menu options moving around Viacom seemed to make sense. Where I could say the phrase "Magic request Bogey dope" in the stand-alone and have it work every time, with viacom it mostly thinks I'm telling non-existent wingmen to "Engage bandits". Even when looking at what it thinks I said is pretty close it defaults to Engage Bandits most of the time. Something like 1-20 attempts will get me my AWACS call as requested. I've tried "Request Vector to Bandit" to either the same result, or nothing at all. All done with the Oculus mic and completed voice training.

Well after trying for the better part of two months trying to get voice attack and Viacom working to no avail a friend from my squad pushed me into getting it working Saturday. First we went with a different profile besides Viacom this was one he had made for the Huey specific. He gave me a copy and I started playing with it saw several things that were personalized for him so I started rumbling in the va manual learned how I could add other profilescommands and import them tried it but the list was way too long and I learned of a way to use command from other profiles and prioritize which file command is used first second etc.so I created a new profile imported the commands from his profile and changed the first command I saw that needed changing then I had purchased the profiles for the helos from Hollywood iirc.

Solast night I tried a flight with va. About half of the commands I used would work. Some were like autostart , others like gunners hot worked about half the time,then we get in to the f keys comm menu. I was able to get f3,and f12 and I think f10 working enoughnto be useful. Some commands like f1,f2,f5 were never understood or work. I’m in very so seeing the va app isn’t possible especially since I use alt enter to full screen dcs.

I’m going to work with the ms trainer some today I hope after several rounds with the trainer it will work better I pronbanblly did it 6 time at least with the. Viacom profile.

Then I’m going through and pick the 20 most used command and work ewith them til they start working better. Then I’m going through the -10 checklist and make sure everything for start up, setting the radios and gunners hot, ctld csar etc all work. That’s today’s project.

If anyone has solutions tibbits to get a command to work please pass them om. I think my recognition level is 60 bow

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Just Bogey Dope is even less likely to work.

https://youtu.be/48cfiycN2tU?t=2450

Hollywood is right, it’s just ‘bogey dope’. Forget the ‘request’ bit.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hollywood is right, it’s just ‘bogey dope’. Forget the ‘request’ bit.

Just bogey dope has never worked for me, I even put up a video of me trying just that to no avail. I've got it working with a much higher accuracy rate by waiting something like 2 seconds after the call sign to say "Request BOGEY Dope". Anything faster and it just goes to Engage Bandits. I find myself having to actively think about the spacing, which is fine if I'm not defending and looking over my shoulder merged.

Just bogey dope has never worked for me, I even put up a video of me trying just that to no avail. I've got it working with a much higher accuracy rate by waiting something like 2 seconds after the call sign to say "Request BOGEY Dope". Anything faster and it just goes to Engage Bandits. I find myself having to actively think about the spacing, which is fine if I'm not defending and looking over my shoulder merged.

Whatever works for you is good, but if you look in the keyword list, there is no 'request bogey dope' or just 'request', just 'bogey dope'.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

@blkspade

What imacken says. The correct phrase to use is 'Bogey Dope', Keywords Reference table page 41.

Alternatively you can use 'Request Vector to Bandit' or create your own alias in the editor.

BTW if the AWACS unit e.g. Magic is already selected (or the only AWACS around) you don't need to use their

callsign in each call i.e. instead of 'Magic,..Bogey Dope' you can simply call 'Bogey Dope' and it will automatically be directed to Magic.

Hope this clarifies, catch me on PM if you need more help.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

+++ Release update 2.5.2 +++

Dear users,

Plugin update 2.5.2 can now be downloaded:

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

Existing (2.5.1) users: simply replace your current VAICOMPRO.dll with the new one.

No need to reset the keyword database or anything else, data of existing installs

(license data, speech recognition profile etc.) remains unchanged.

The update includes various small changes and additions

*) New lua code (auto-updated by the plugin) with bulk F10 menu support and improved SRS compatibility

*) Audio hint for recipient micropause (awaiting additional input cue) to aid speech timing

*) Added module J-11A

*) Improved Steam recognition

*) Exposed VA variables

*) Code tweaks and minor fixes.

Happy flying!

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com