VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hmmm.. after installing 2.5.2 dll I get this. How do I resolve that?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Standard DCS path. PM sent.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

With 2.5.2 my Simshaker stopped working. Removing the vaicom entry in the export.lua makes Simshaker work again. Putting the line back in ==> no Simshaker.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

With 2.5.2 my Simshaker stopped working. Removing the vaicom entry in the export.lua makes Simshaker work again. Putting the line back in ==> no Simshaker.

OK thanks for letting me know. We'll get that sorted.

I'll do some checks and come back with an update.

EDIT: SSA works OK here during testing, PM sent.

EDIT: Found a snag, now fixed.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

So if i understand correctly prior to installation of 2.5.2 copy the viacompro.dll then install 2.5.2 after it completes overwrite the viacopro.dll file with the one you copied?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hey Hollywood I think I figured out must of my va problems the mic was blown out in ts to a friend talked me to correct settings for the mic in rift thru win 10 and ts since everytime I’m using the rift I’m blind to va I never noticed when testing I used other mics and set them up but never did the rift mic. Sound feasible

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi All

Just installed 2.5.2 dll over 2.5.1

Recognition is fine except, I have no responses. Tried in Nevada and Caucasus. Any ideas? I have no error reports in VoiceAttack with Viacom Plugin. Update: found this in VoiceAttack, Fault 13/05/2018 14:36:39 - Plugin exit exception (VAICOM PRO 2.5): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Would it be worth re installing 2.5.1? And how do I save my Profile?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by tmansteve

blkspade, I'm using DCS 2.5.0 stable. Have you tried to reinstall Viacom 2.5.1? I think I might bite the bullet soon and go back to where it was working and see if that helps.

Forgot about page 33 of the manual. Will try to manually sort the lua files and report back if it works.

Edited by tmansteve

@Hollywood_315, first of all thank you for this great software.

I have a question to your post from page 18.

I have big problem with my voice recognition in training mode, even for the phrases which work fine during gameplay.

For example, I am always recognized with "Request taxi to runway" in sim, but during training it does not seem to show me confidence and Windows display additional options, which is completely different to what you have shown on your YouTube video.

So I have the following questions:

1. Does the training mode of Viacom 2.5 PRO stores my pronunciation and enhanced recognition in the future or it is only for me to see when I make progress? The second one never works no matter how I try. I have typical Polish accent of English words. If the answer is first option is it stored in Voice Attack or Windows Speech Recognition?

2. If I want to switch to other ATC which I started no matter what I say I always get answer from mother ATC. For example I start in Batumi and everything works fine. Then I am close to "Kobuleti" and I change frequency to "Kobuleti" (Easy comms OFF), then I say: "Kobuleti <pause> inbound" and I don't get reply, because it is recognized as "Batumi, inbound" which is obviously not recognized on Kobuleti frequency or not recognized at all (don't remember correctly). Command "Select Kobuleti" does not work either. Do you have any tips for this situation?

General tip:

If you invested time in training your voice recognition and your quite happy with the results

you may want to have the option to back-up and restore your Windows speech recognition profile.

Courtesy of http://www.voiceattack.com check out this helpful little Profile Manager tool:

http://www.voiceattack.com/filesend.aspx?id=SpProfileMgr.zip

This way you can also migrate your profile to another PC if needed at some point.

Cheers

Hollywood

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

Hollywood, not sure if this has been asked before.....

This might be a big ask! Not sure if you'll think it's useful.

Is it possible to add a function to the plugin where it can sync all of the keybinds to inactive VA commands? This would allow users to set their own voice commands in a more efficient way.

I'm not suggesting that Vaicom has voice commands for all functions.

Let's say for example I want a VA command for raising the landing gear. At the moment I have created an inactive command ((raise landing gear)) and I have manually set the keybind for it.

Then I have set an active voice command, for example "stow the gear" which executes the inactive command.

This in itself is not an issue when dealing with a small number of commands. Although it would get very tedious programming all the keybinds.

So then if at least Vaicom synced all keybinds to inactive VA commands, a great deal of effort would be taken away from user created voice commands.

Hope this makes sense!?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi there!

I have Voice Attack (Steam version 1.7) and I just bought Vaicom Pro. Now when I try to load the config menu it (Lctrl+Lalt+C) says "Unable to Invoke Plugin. Plugin not valid for this version of Voiceattack" (running Voice Attack with admin mode) Please anything I can do? Or I have to buy again Voice Attack? (non Steam version) Thanks for any advice!

Update: Found solution reading the FAQ :smartass:

I get this message: 'UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK' ,what do I do?

A: You see this message when you have switched profiles in VoiceAttack. VAICOM PRO works with just one profile and switching is not needed. Select the correct profile i.e. 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World', restart VoiceAttack and things will be back to normal.

Time to configure it. Thanks

Edited by Fercyful

Same Here

Same here.

I get the beeps and I see the subtitle issuing the command, but wingman/game doesn't respond to anything I say, even though I get the confirmation beep that VA has received my command. Running latest version downloaded from page 1 of this thread.

@Kristod @filthyman Let me get back to you on those.

@all Plugin 2.5.2 works OK here during testing both with 2.5 Release an 2.5 OpenBeta version.

If you are experiencing issues it's almost certainly your lua code that needs fixing.

Close DCS and VA. Refer to page 33 of the User Manual and remove all VAICOMPRO lua code blocks you find in the five lua files mentioned.

Then restart VA, this updates to the correct code automatically (if you're on a manual installation use the plugin export function instead).

Hope this is helpful.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

An update: I read page 33 of manual as mentioned in the faq's and exported the lua files and copied and pasted the text to the saved game lua's and DCS directories. Fantastic, worked a dream. Only thing that I need to check is when using Viacom pro, it hasn't found the plane I am flying but so far I am happy to get Viacom back.

So for anyone with similar problems, this is the way to go.

Edited by tmansteve

Hi again, main functions working fine here with DCS beta and using Voice Attack 1.7 (Steam) but I notice some weird GUI problems (2.5.2) I'm under Win 7 with default 100% size fonts 1920x1080 res. Maybe Windows 10 is needed?

Please check here:

https://imgur.com/a/7fKGRnl

I can't see some of the buttons are some texts are misplaced. Still can use the main functions.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I’ve installed Voice attack (twice) and have installed the Viacom addin as per instructions. When I get to the point of importing the profile, I navigate to the install ...\folder\VoiceAttack\Apps\Profiles and there is nothing there??? If I navigate to that folder via windows explorer (outside of VoiceAttack) I can see the DCS .vap file.

Help!!

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Please ignore...sorted

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir