VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

After the last few updates Vaicom sorta works but I give a command and it can take up to 15 seconds for it to do what I ask in game.

For example:

- I asked the AI to cover me on a dogfight. (I wait a few seconds)

- I try engage bandit (and suddenly the radio requests AI to cover)

- I'm satisfied he will cover and then 15 seconds later my later command finally goes through to engage and he confirms.

Another example:

- After the enemy was shot down I RTB. I fly over the base and tell the AI to RTB. No response.

- I turn for final and suddenly the command finally goes through and the wingman is going to RTB but it takes like a minute this time.

What could be causing the hugely lagged responses.

I've never had VAICOM work as you have shown in videos. There always seems to be one issue or another. Either incompatible with other modules or works one day but not the next. If there is no way to get this program stable as advertised will you refund my money?

@Fisherman82 OK not heard before. We'll have a look.

EDIT: Cannot be reproduced, looks like your wingman was simply also on the JTAC channel.

@Akka Ripple qty is related to an unpublished change by HB in last DCS update. On the list.

@Sailor_ Follow the FINISH steps to import the keywords (see user manual).

@gonvise Translation compatibility for the new commands is not yet implemented. Planned for next update.

@Kazius Incompatible with other modules, unclear to what you are referring.

All plugin compatible apps work and are listed on the website. Use latest versions.

Sounds like you need to inpect DCS options and make sure your keybinds are properly cleared (user manual page 10).

Also review whether your TX setup is correct and e.g. TARGET is not sending inadvertent menu commands.

For the F14 check your DCS options Special/Menu is set at Default.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

None of those buttons show up on the Editor tab.

Category has ----

Segment has ----

command phrase: nothing the white square nothing

Where those buttons should be has small lines as if the buttons didn't form right.

I managed to click around the lines and and get the commands.

Now the white square say (0) and that it matches the data base, no other change.

The number in the black square says 772 and has always been that way.

I think the Editor tab

VC log:

2:51:00 PM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

2:51:00 PM - Listening suspended

2:51:00 PM - Shortcut : 'Transmit TX2 release'

2:50:59 PM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

2:50:59 PM - Listening resumed

2:50:59 PM - Shortcut : 'Transmit TX2 press'

2:50:31 PM - Profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World matches database: no steps needed.

2:50:24 PM - ----------------------------------

2:50:24 PM - Keyword training finished.

2:50:19 PM - Ready for training.

2:50:19 PM - Offline keyword training initialized

2:50:19 PM - VAICOM PRO command phrases loaded

2:50:19 PM - Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US)

2:50:18 PM - Initializing Training Mode

2:50:18 PM - ----------------------------------

2:49:37 PM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

2:49:37 PM - Shortcut : '*Chatter*'

2:49:37 PM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

2:49:37 PM - Shortcut : '*Chatter*'

2:49:31 PM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

2:49:31 PM - Shortcut : '*Chatter*'

2:47:44 PM - Profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World matches database: no steps needed.

2:47:36 PM - Profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World matches database: no steps needed.

2:44:03 PM - Listening resumed

2:42:01 PM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

2:42:01 PM - Listening suspended

2:42:01 PM - Shortcut : 'Transmit TX1 release'

2:42:01 PM - Plugin execution exception: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

2:42:01 PM - Listening resumed

2:42:01 PM - Shortcut : 'Transmit TX1 press'

2:41:32 PM - 287 missing aliases in VA profile VAICOM PRO for DCS World.

2:37:31 PM - Opening Configuration window

2:37:31 PM - Shortcut : 'Configuration'

2:37:31 PM - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

2:37:31 PM - Ready for commands.

2:37:26 PM - New update available!

2:37:26 PM - Initializing..

2:37:26 PM - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

2:37:26 PM - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

2:37:25 PM - Plugin 'HCS Plugin v3.1 - © 2016-2019 HCS VoicePacks Ltd' initialized.

2:37:25 PM - Plugin support enabled.

@Kazius Incompatible with other modules, unclear to what you are referring.

All plugin compatible apps work and are listed on the website. Use latest versions.

Sounds like you need to inpect DCS options and make sure your keybinds are properly cleared (user manual page 10).

Also review whether your TX setup is correct and e.g. TARGET is not sending inadvertent menu commands.

For the F14 check your DCS options Special/Menu is set at Default.

Grtz

One of the issues was TX channels were not working and you asked if I had NS430 installed and if so I had to disable it to get VAICOM to work. I don't see why you can't make VAICOM work without having to disable other modules.

Anyways, you still didn't answer why there is a huge delay in comms requests.

edit: I already did page 10 when I first bought VAICOM. Nothing there explains why there is a delay in comms requests.

Edited by Kazius

Anybody here who get the "tune manual frequency" with AIRIO working?

Everything is working fine, but I tried everything to get this thing working..-without success. Even if the command is shown correct in the VA window ("Radio tune 235.925") it says "Unrecognized". It looks like it wouldn´t be in the database. But I did all the steps in the manual on page 37. And the command phrases are in the profile when I click on the "edit" button. Of course I tried this only in a F14 mission. Easy comms off. Command "Radio tune" alone does nothing- unrecognized- command "Radio tune two three five decimal nine zero" written in words also does nothing.- unrecognized.

So what´s wrong? Any ideas?

Anybody here who get the "tune manual frequency" with AIRIO working?

Everything is working fine, but I tried everything to get this thing working..-without success. Even if the command is shown correct in the VA window ("Radio tune 235.925") it says "Unrecognized". It looks like it wouldn´t be in the database. But I did all the steps in the manual on page 37. And the command phrases are in the profile when I click on the "edit" button. Of course I tried this only in a F14 mission. Easy comms off. Command "Radio tune" alone does nothing- unrecognized- command "Radio tune two three five decimal nine zero" written in words also does nothing.- unrecognized.

So what´s wrong? Any ideas?

Try the Keywords training, to see what your recognition percentage is when saying those commands. You need to be above 80%.

TX6 button press will not reliably start voice attack listening.

I have TX1, TX2, TX3, TX5, and TX6 mapped button presses. I use TARGET to map them to buttons that produce a respective DX button. TX6, mapped DX6, when pushed and held, will most times produce a "listening resumed" immediately followed by "listening suspended". Repeated pushes may result in a desired "listening resumed", but the listening indicator on the right indicates listening is suspended. Listening is definitely suspend when this happens.

Sometimes I can get a listening response with repeated button presses, but the listening state is toggled.

Any thoughts?

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

The virtual keysends by TARGET for PTT must be of the press-and-hold variety, you may want to look into that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

All presses for buttons are press and hold. Only a few are buttons on my script are "pulse".

The button works fine. Tested with Windows in controller settings, also tested with Pointy's Joystick Test.

Must be VA setting.

And there it is. "TX6 release" setting. Box for "execute on button release", not checked.

Sorry to bother. Love this ViacomPro.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I might have found it, could it be "Wake up"? Is that a toggle? At least it seems to work.

Marcel

Perhaps Heatblur changed something in the latest update but this does not work anymore, Jester goes active again after the wake up call, it is no toggle anymore.

This makes working with the targeting pod impossible as you have to switch between pilot and RIO continuously and jester sets the TCE active immediately if he gets a chance ;)

Would it be possible to add a Jester activate/deactivate option like we have in the wheel?

Thanks!

Marcel

Following the instructions on page 37 of the manual and the EXPORT button only creates "VAICOMPRO.export.lua" and no .vap file. What am I doing incorrectly?

EDIT: Never mind...realized the auto-update function wasn't completing successfully so I ran the updater.cmd within the VAICOMPRO folder and it worked.

Edited by AbortedMan

As per the manual, VAICOM PRO uses IP ports 33333, 33334, 33491 and 33492 and 44111, all on UDP protocol. Are these ports handling specific parts of the back and forth between Vaicom and Dcs? For instance, which port handles the module and frequency info displayed in the TTP tab? I am trying to find out whether my issue maybe coming from one specific port not being properly setup, although i have no idea what should be wrong with my ports. By the way, increasing/decreasing MTU size from 1500 up to 16000 and down to 576 did not help either. Its a pitty that there is no way for the enduser to diagnose what the problem might be with Vaicoms network protocols. I am stumbling in the dark and have pretty much exhausted all "alter the system environment" gunpowder at this point.

I'm getting a very wierd error in VIACOM

When I push the PTT button and make a command (in the case of the attached log file "Nellis Select") VIACOM goes crazy aparently repeatedly logging the Nellis command then switching to continual "PTT Key not in use: check configuration." messages till I close Voice Attack.

I've checked the TX1 and TX2 config and the Start and Stop commands look to be correctly set (if I press and release the buttons without making I command i hear the start and stop noises) so I'm not sure what's going on here.

VAICOMPRO.zip

Hi

Hollywood, just a simple question..

Is ICS HOT MIC function already working?

I tryed to enable it but it still does not work on my machine..

Thanks!!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Hi Hollywood, so basically you don't recommend using NS430 with VIACOM in Mi-8 (it is due to that???) or there is another reason...

To be clear the plugin was extensively tested to work with both SP and MP and with and without AIRIO extension.

This is in conjunction with SSA, TacView, and SRS all latest versions.

If you are experiencing broad issues they will be specific to your system setup and you need to methodically follow the basics as per the install notes in the manual, the FAQ page on the website and the various notes in this thread.

Uninstalling/re-installing/uninstalling etc. is generally counter-productive. In an attempt to recap the main checkpoints:

The basics

- You must run Windows 10 and if on Win7 make sure to have .NET 4.5.2 properly installed

- Your Windows UAC account and antivirus/firewall must allow unrestricted files and folders access,

- VA must be 1.7.5 stable and VA must be running as admin,

- VAICOM PRO plugin version must be 2.5.9.10,

- AIRIO must be 2.5.1,

- If you have the Garmin disable it,

- Your TX configuration (VA profile) must be correct for use with your PTT devices,

- If you have have AIRIO you must apply the FINSIH steps to import the keywords, taking note of the well-known attention points such as command consolidation and the VA blank field bug,

- For the F-14 set the Radio Menu setting (DCS option Special tab) to Default.

To troubleshoot

- Run a DCS repair,

- Refer to the 2 mins install fix (first post),

- For not having (comms) audio inspect the Audio Redirect setting and/or your audio driver,

- Use the Custom DCS path to point to your DCS World folder,

- If you run third party apps, test with disabling them (e.g. disable entries in export.lua),

- DCS.log can provide further clues.

Hope this will be helpful.

Grtz

Hollywood

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

@SGT Coyle No worries mate

@AbortedMan No worries mate :-)

@NEO Yes as per PM your report seems somehow related to Windows 7 and very specific.

Network ports will not be the best place to explore, PM sent with alternative.

Note: Plugin support for Win 7/8 will be expiring.

@Matchstick Interesting, never seen that one before. Suggest to try reset you keywords database with

the Reset tab and carefully inspect all your VA options such as Unrecognized Speech Delay etcetera.

@Birdman81 Yes for the F-14 if you have the AIRIO module installed and all your versions are up to date including VA.

@emc The Garmin can do some weird stuff with radio devices and is not on the compatibility list.

That said, it actually does work most of the time. First disable Garmin and make sure VAICOM PRO works OK.

Then enable the Garmin and if everything seems to work, great.

Just remember at the slightest sign of trouble that it's not compatible.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I am having some problems with chatter addon..Sometimes although my radios are on, i dont hear any chatter? Why is that?

As per manual i firstly start viacom pro, and then launch dcs and sometimes chatter doesnt work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hi Hollywood,

I'm trying to get AIRIO to recognize manual tune commands. They seem to be recognized at least at face value by the VA profile, but they don't seem to go through to DCS.

TACAN Tune [...] just seems to get recognized as "TACAN tune" and displays the hint cues for that root command. Link tune and radio tune don't go through at all (although radio tune will get recognized in the log, it says "AIRIO commands are not available" as if DCS wasn't running at all.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, I believe I have the commands imported correctly (they ended up under "Extension packs" in the profile and did not add any command phrases to the dictionary). Any ideas?

@Birdman81 Yes for the F-14 if you have the AIRIO module installed and all your versions are up to date including VA.

I have AIRIO installed and everything up to date.

Cold start at Stennis. ICS HOT MIC is working while speaking with my RIO, but I cannot get any response from any recipient in any radio. I tryed everything: different recipients, in both radios, pressing/not pressing key while speaking, ICS cockpit swith in different positions... but no joy, radios are dead...

reopening the sim and the same mission after disabling ICS HOT MIC from AIRIO solves the problem, and every communication is back to life again..

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

@Ghost Dad Yes the commands should be under Extension packs cat in the VA profile.

Try speaking the commands in one go without interruption, e.g. "TACAN Tune X-Ray One Two Zero", "Radio Tune Zero Eight Four Decimal Five Zero", etc.

@Birdman81 This is actually normal behavior. The open mic is for the ICS i.e. for your RIO only.

For radio transmissions you need to use the PTT buttons.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Birdman81 This is actually normal behavior. The open mic is for the ICS i.e. for your RIO only.

For radio transmissions you need to use the PTT buttons.

Yes I know, that's what I mean.. I get no response on the radios using the PTT buttons or not

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot