VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I have a problem I got Voice Attack and Vaicom installed and DCS will not start. It starts loading and then stops at 10%.

I did a DCS repair and it removed 2 files below.

Sounds/speech/common.lua

Sounds/speech/speech.lua

After the repair DCS starts but Voice Attack and Vaicom do not work I get a beep after speaking but nothing happens after that.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I have a problem I got Voice Attack and Vaicom installed and DCS will not start. It starts loading and then stops at 10%.

I did a DCS repair and it removed 2 files below.

Sounds/speech/common.lua

Sounds/speech/speech.lua

After the repair DCS starts but Voice Attack and Vaicom do not work I get a beep after speaking but nothing happens after that.

Thankfully this is an easy fix. You're on Open Beta?

Open Voice Attack and load the VAICOM profile. Open the VAICOM control panel, select the "Config" tab. Check the "Use custom DCS path". Click "SET" and browse to the OB path and check the "ob" check box.

This you might have to do after EVERY DCS update. Like tomorrow if they come through.

Hope this helps, Cheers

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hey Hollywood! I'm getting this 'Execute plugin action blocked: Configuration' when I try the key combo to open the plugin. The command exists in the Vaicom profile, Keyboard is on...Help! lol. Im trying to ultimately enable AIRIO.

EDIT* In fact, VA wont allow any External plugin Execute commands to run?? Is it some windows permissions thing i wonder?

Many Thanks

MM

Are you running as administrator, and have you enabled plugins in the Voiceattack options

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Do i need to put

Sounds/speech/common.lua

Sounds/speech/speech.lua

File back in DCS?

I had custom folder already selected.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I'm still desperate trying to get the tune radio command to work, everything else works more or less, given that I'm not a nativ Englisch speaker. Running out of ideas...

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Hmmmm

Exactly what "command" do you speak?

Have you tried the "select" command. Not all modules accept it.

Do i need to put

Sounds/speech/common.lua

Sounds/speech/speech.lua

File back in DCS?

I had custom folder already selected.

What do you mean? Did you remove those? Like if you used the app to repair and update...

I did a DCS repair and it removed and replaced the folders below

Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel (folder)

Scripts/UI gameMessages.lua

And Removed the items below

Speech/common.lua and speech.lua

It put them in a backup folder. these were the ones installed by Vaicom.

I reinstalled them and DCS will not start. if I take them out and put the ones from DCS DCS will load but no Vaicom.

I did a DCS repair and it removed and replaced the folders below

Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel (folder)

Scripts/UI gameMessages.lua

And Removed the items below

Speech/common.lua and speech.lua

It put them in a backup folder. these were the ones installed by Vaicom.

I reinstalled them and DCS will not start. if I take them out and put the ones from DCS DCS will load but no Vaicom.

If you look back a few posts you’ll find the answer.

TL:DR. You need to install it differently for DCS beta

Hi

Same problem for me. VAICOMPRO stops the launch of DCS at 10%.

I am on the Open Beta via STEAM and I had never experienced any issues before the latest VAICOMPRO update...

Have you manually selected DCS path and checked the "ob" checkbox?

Have you manually selected DCS path and checked the "ob" checkbox?

Yes.

I don't know if it can help but here it is the copy of the VAICOMPRO Logs

You can see that the DCS path seems right but It can't find Open Beta...

If anyone on STEAM could check its "configuartion" for the path...

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.18.1 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

Custom install path used for 2.5

DCS World installation path = E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\DCS World OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\HORNET\Saved Games\DCS

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: common.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

Reset: gameMessages.lua

6/7 DCS-side files were updated.

DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.

Checking VA profile.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Success.

Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Chatter start.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

Please help. I'm going crazy here :( it's the AIRIO plugin for Vaicom and VA...I've done everything I can. Normal voice commands work AIRIO is showing in those 6 commands in the VA viacom profile. Hotas bound to TX4 to auto comm with everything but no jester commands recognised. Also in the VA profile I would have expected to see jester commands listed alongside all the other ones but nothing. Any advice? Thanks.

Yes.

I don't know if it can help but here it is the copy of the VAICOMPRO Logs

You can see that the DCS path seems right but It can't find Open Beta...

If anyone on STEAM could check its "configuartion" for the path...

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.18.1 (release)

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

Custom install path used for 2.5

DCS World installation path = E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\DCS World OpenBeta

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\HORNET\Saved Games\DCS

Unchanged: Export.lua

Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

Reset: speech.lua

Reset: common.lua

Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

Reset: gameMessages.lua

6/7 DCS-side files were updated.

DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.

Checking VA profile.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Success.

Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

No new DCS modules to import.

Adding themepack collections

Chatter theme set to Default

Adding chatter resources.. Default

Resources added.

Chatter initialized.

Chatter start.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

Funny thing though. As of posts from early December 2019, some fixed it for Steam unchecking the "ob" checkbox while selecting custom path.

Crossing my fingers for you

Please help. I'm going crazy here :( it's the AIRIO plugin for Vaicom and VA...I've done everything I can. Normal voice commands work AIRIO is showing in those 6 commands in the VA viacom profile. Hotas bound to TX4 to auto comm with everything but no jester commands recognised. Also in the VA profile I would have expected to see jester commands listed alongside all the other ones but nothing. Any advice? Thanks.
Is it only issues with ARIO, so does commands work for other modules?

I did another DCS repair uninstalled Voice Attack then reinstalled. Then tried to start DCS and it loaded don't know why but it did. Then I restarted Voice Attack and Vaicom Pro set custom input DCS path and checked ob then did every thing mitor did. Restarted DCS and used the A10C instant Vegas take off mission when I key the mike the radio info shows on the left top of the screen and when I hold down the mike key and say ATC it registers in the Voice Attack window same with wingman and flight but I get no response nothing happens.

Also in the Vaicom PTT window it shows no aircraft should it not say A10C?

At my wits end.

whenever you do an update, and probably install, of dcs you should delete the export.lua file from your .../Saved Games/<DCS root folder>/Scripts folder and restart DCS and Voice Attack.

I might put the above paragraph on a macro key, as I suspect it won't be the last time i need to use it. :)

It appears the latest DCS patch broke Vaicom Pro. I am using the Steam version. During missions (Hornet 9x training, for example) if Vaicom is running, the comms menu will appear by itself without me pressing any PTT. If I press PTT and issue a command - the command will appear as recognized in VAICOM, but DCS will not register it.

try deleting the options.lua from the config folder in saved games forlder for dcs

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I'm not on Steam but I aim on open beta 2.5.6 I wonder if that's my problem?

For me, after every update, menus will pop up.

To fix this, I re-select the path to Open Beta and make sure the "ob" check box is checked. This didn't work today, so I had to delete the export.lua

Problem solved.

whenever you do an update, and probably install, of dcs you should delete the export.lua file from your .../Saved Games/<DCS root folder>/Scripts folder and restart DCS and Voice Attack.

I might put the above paragraph on a macro key, as I suspect it won't be the last time i need to use it. :)

Hehe

Me thinks some quick work arounds should be sticked...

Deleting export.lua did not work for me found it in the DCS Openbeta main folder not in saved games Path to Open Beta is set and the "ob" box is checked

I'm giving up for today 6 hours is enough.