VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hello, unfortunately the map markers for AIRIO do not seem to work in multiplayer, especially when there are multiple markers from others on the map or they are dynamically generated. Will it be possible to fix this problem? The Jester wheel is unfortunately not usable, but could help here.

Best regards

I moved my main Eagle Dynamics folder from my C drive to another drive.  Now when I have Voice Attack/VAICOM Pro running and DCS is running with me in the F/A-18C my Main Comm window displays and hides itself fairly frequently.  When I push my Comm 1 PTT button the window will either display or hide and it will not recognize my voice commands.  I am hoping to not have to remove and reinstall as I have already done the voice training and don't really want to do that again as it took a while.  How can I correct this?  Do I have to remove and reinstall to get this back working?  I love the program and the added immersion that it provides.

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

I moved my main Eagle Dynamics folder from my C drive to another drive.  Now when I have Voice Attack/VAICOM Pro running and DCS is running with me in the F/A-18C my Main Comm window displays and hides itself fairly frequently.  When I push my Comm 1 PTT button the window will either display or hide and it will not recognize my voice commands.  I am hoping to not have to remove and reinstall as I have already done the voice training and don't really want to do that again as it took a while.  How can I correct this?  Do I have to remove and reinstall to get this back working?  I love the program and the added immersion that it provides.

Wayne
Do NOT uninstall anything!!!
You must point VAICOM to the new path in the control panel, because now the path to DCS in the registry is broken.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Do NOT uninstall anything!!!
You must point VAICOM to the new path in the control panel, because now the path to DCS in the registry is broken.

MAXsenna is referring to the VAICOM control panel. Specifically, select the "custom path" option and check the box to fix the registry. You may have to restart VoiceAttack and then DCS afterwards.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I had already figured out that I needed to point VAICOM in the wright direction.  I already found this and done it, but guess I needed to restart it a few times along with DCS.  Everything now works with the test flight I just performed.  Thanks!

Wayne

Happy flying

• Like 1

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

On 9/15/2021 at 7:41 PM, sthompson said:

That due to recent changes in VoiceAttack it now gets installed in a different directory than before and the VAICOM installer has not caught up. The workaround is to download the ZIP file for VAICOM and unzip it to the right location instead of using the VAICOM installer.

Hello, 

there is not profile in the zip file neither 🤔

Hello, 

there is not profile in the zip file neither 
Quite right. It's the same procedure.
You must enable plugins in VoiceAttack, run VoiceAttack as an administrator, add the VAICOM addon to VoiceAttack and then restart VoiceAttack.
Then the VAICOM profile will be unzipped to the VAICOM folder in VoiceAttack.
Cheers!

EDIT: Only eleven posts to go, and we'll have reached seven thousand.

Hi all.

Is website vaicompro.com alive? I've been trying to download Vaicom for a week with no success. Browser Firefox(and EDGE) always says "Connection timeout", so I've tried TOR Browser to bypass my country possible restrictions and it said "Not Acceptable" which is very rare HTTP response. Ping also doesn't get response. Can't figure out where problem might be😢

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

Hi all.
Is website vaicompro.com alive? I've been trying to download Vaicom for a week with no success. Browser Firefox(and EDGE) always says "Connection timeout", so I've tried TOR Browser to bypass my country possible restrictions and it said "Not Acceptable" which is very rare HTTP response. Ping also doesn't get response. Can't figure out where problem might be
No issues for me. Run a trace to see where it stops, or don't you get an IP of the site at all?

32 минуты назад, MAXsenna сказал:

No issues for me. Run a trace to see where it stops, or don't you get an IP of the site at all?

Address is resolved to 199.34.228.134, and I've found that it use Weebly.com service which blocks users from Russia - https://community.weebly.com/t5/Domains/Weebly-doesn-t-work-in-Russia/td-p/117497. So, I should try open it using VPN however TOR doesn't help. Weird times🙄

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

Address is resolved to 199.34.228.134, and I've found that it use Weebly.com service which blocks users from Russia - https://community.weebly.com/t5/Domains/Weebly-doesn-t-work-in-Russia/td-p/117497. So, I should try open it using VPN however TOR doesn't help. Weird times
Really? Send a note to support, the Russian community should not be blocked from this excellent piece of software. That's just ridiculous!
How did you setup Tor? Just the default settings, or did you manually configure an exit point in a specific country?
I was able to watch Rugby on French television by having France as the exit.

52 минуты назад, MAXsenna сказал:

Really? Send a note to support, the Russian community should not be blocked from this excellent piece of software. That's just ridiculous!
How did you setup Tor? Just the default settings, or did you manually configure an exit point in a specific country?
I was able to watch Rugby on French television by having France as the exit. emoji4.png

I've tried different TOR exit-nodes - from USA, Germany, and Netherlands - neither works, maybe weebly blocks TOR nodes too(many services do so). I've managed to open vaicompro.com via some proxy(German), but I would not use such connection to pass credit card info. At least, now I can try a free version.

Thank you for help.

P.S. Back in the days, I used NordVPN to watch EPL on English tv (tor was too slow and unstable), now I have decent Russian broadcasts and, as far as I know, my government blocked NordVPN for allowing access to "prohibited information".

• Like 1

Скрытый текст

I've tried different TOR exit-nodes - from USA, Germany, and Netherlands - neither works, maybe weebly blocks TOR nodes too(many services do so). I've managed to open vaicompro.com via some proxy(German), but I would not use such connection to pass credit card info. At least, now I can try a free version.
Thank you for help.

P.S. Back in the days, I used NordVPN to watch EPL on English tv (tor was too slow and unstable), now I have decent Russian broadcasts and, as far as I know, my government blocked NordVPN for allowing access to "prohibited information".
Yeah, I feel you. Like I said, I'd try support as I'm sure @Hollywood_315 wouldn't like to miss out the potential Russian customers!
Cheers!

I really like the use of this application with the aid of the kneeboard extension. I always use it together with a custom profile for other stuff within dcs. 

Everything seemed to work fine but out of nothing I started to have problems. 
It al started after buying the Realistic atc extension. I don't think this is the cause of the problem,
but it started soon after. 

Phase 1: 

I started noticing that some voice commands were cancelled. For example, when calling "see you at ten" I heard a new sound effect and nothing happened. I had to use the menu for this and then it worked. But it was not handsfree. 

Phase 2: 

To fix this I updated dcs to latest beta and also updated voice attack. Now I noticed it went from my older 32 bit VA version to 64 bit. But after this when pressing the ptt button it suspends it right after. 

Phase 3: 

I installed latest 32 bit VA and when I say "remove the wheelchocks" for example. You see it recognized by VA, but nothing happens. No command executed or anything. For it to work, I now first need to bring up the menu and then say it. But that's not how it is supossed to work.

I don't understand, because it worked fine and all of a sudden it doesn't anymore. What should I do?

I really like the use of this application with the aid of the kneeboard extension. I always use it together with a custom profile for other stuff within dcs. 

Everything seemed to work fine but out of nothing I started to have problems.  It al started after buying the Realistic atc extension. I don't think this is the cause of the problem, but it started soon after. 

Phase 1: 

I started noticing that some voice commands were cancelled. For example, when calling "see you at ten" I heard a new sound effect and nothing happened. I had to use the menu for this and then it worked. But it was not handsfree. 
  Phase 2:    To fix this I updated dcs to latest beta and also updated voice attack. Now I noticed it went from my older 32 bit VA version to 64 bit. But after this when pressing the ptt button it suspends it right after.    Phase 3:    I installed latest 32 bit VA and when I say "remove the wheelchocks" for example. You see it recognized by VA, but nothing happens. No command executed or anything. For it to work, I now first need to bring up the menu and then say it. But that's not how it is supossed to work.   I don't understand, because it worked fine and all of a sudden it doesn't anymore. What should I do?

What's in the log (preferably with debug on in the VAICOM control panel).
Version of VA should be of no consequence, but that's interesting.
For the listening suspended issue there are numerous posts about this, I'm on my cell or I would have posted links, and the fix is usually to change the MP settings in VAICOM control panel. Can't remember the recommended settings as I'm on 2.5.24 anyway, as 2.5.25 doesn't work for me.
Hopefully this helps.
Cheers!

Hi, Thanks for the reply. After installing the 32 bit version of VA I don't get the suspended issue anymore. My command just doesn't seem to trigger anything. Only if I first manually pull up the radio menu. When I say remove the wheelchocks I see VA and vaicom recognising it, but nothing happens. It worked fine up untill recently. Now I cant use viacom anymore which is a problem for me since I use it all the time in dcs.

I will see if I can attach a log file when I get home. 

Edited by Ramtin

Hi, Thanks for the reply. After installing the 32 bit version of VA I don't get the suspended issue anymore. My command just doesn't seem to trigger anything. Only if I first manually pull up the radio menu. When I say remove the wheelchocks I see VA and vaicom recognising it, but nothing happens. It worked fine up untill recently. Now I cant use viacom anymore which is a problem for me since I use it all the time in dcs.

I will see if I can attach a log file when I get home. 
There is probably some very easy fix for this, so I'm positive we'll solve it.
Post your VAICOM settings as well.
Are you using Standalone or Steam? Stable or OB?
Are the VAICOM control panel showing the correct module?
Why don't you install VA x64 again, and we'll take it from there.

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

There is probably some very easy fix for this, so I'm positive we'll solve it. emoji4.png
Post your VAICOM settings as well.
Are you using Standalone or Steam? Stable or OB?
Are the VAICOM control panel showing the correct module?
Why don't you install VA x64 again, and we'll take it from there. emoji6.png

Hello, 

Below you can see what happens. I give the command remove the wheelchocks and it get recognized but nothing happens. While i'm sitting in the f-18 and it should be recognized. When I first say " options" and then say " remove the wheelchocks" again then it works. 

This is just an example. When doing a case I landing I say see you at ten and it says no participaints available, but through the radio menu it works. 

To answer your questions. I am using standalone, OB. The control panel is showing the f-18 and easy coms off like it always is. Since I prefer it that way. 

I will change it to 64 again, but that is when I had the ptt button suspended. I did read about the mp option, but mine was set to broadcast parallel and I thought they said that it should work with that box ticked. EDIT: After reinstalling 64 bit version of VA same problem again. it gets suspended right away no matter what options I choose in the VOIP control section. 

So from having no problems, I have all kinds of problems out of the blue. Very strange. Log is posted below as you requested. But keep in mind this is just the remove the wheelchocks example. Do I have to reinstall both VA and vaicom again??

11:07:23.400 Listening suspended
11:07:23.377 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
11:07:23.367 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 release'
11:07:23.359 Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 release'
11:07:23.354 Joystick : 'Transmit TX3 release'
11:07:20.017 Ground Crew: wheel chocks are now removed
11:07:14.020 Done. 
11:07:14.020 Constructing message... 
11:07:14.020 TX1 | SEL/AUTO: [ Ground Crew ] ,  [ Wheelchocks Remove ]   
11:07:14.019 Recipient for Crew set by call contents.
11:07:14.019 Have result, identified as command: Remove the Wheelchocks
11:07:14.019 Captured sentence: remove the wheelchocks
11:07:14.015 Recognized : 'remove the wheelchocks'
11:07:11.058 Done. 
11:07:11.058 Constructing message... 
11:07:11.057 TX1 | SEL/AUTO: [   ] ,  [ Show Options ]   
11:07:11.057 Have result, identified as command: Options
11:07:11.057 Captured sentence: options
11:07:11.053 Recognized : 'options'
11:07:09.255 Listening resumed
11:07:09.236 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
11:07:09.226 Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 press'
11:07:09.218 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 press'
11:07:09.210 Joystick : 'Transmit TX3 press'

11:07:02.982 Listening suspended
11:07:02.956 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
11:07:02.952 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 release'
11:07:02.940 Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 release'
11:07:02.934 Joystick : 'Transmit TX3 release'
11:07:01.749 Have result, identified as command: Remove the Wheelchocks
11:07:01.749 Captured sentence: remove the wheelchocks
11:07:01.744 Recognized : 'remove the wheelchocks'
11:06:58.639 (awaiting additional input)
11:06:58.638 Have result, identified as recipient: Chief
11:06:58.638 Captured sentence: chief
11:06:58.634 Recognized : 'chief'
11:06:57.051 Listening resumed
11:06:57.042 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
11:06:57.034 Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 press'
11:06:57.026 Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 press'
11:06:57.019 Joystick : 'Transmit TX3 press'

Edited by Ramtin

No need to re-install, that will never change anything when it comes to VA nor VAICOM.
Usually there's an issue with settings/export.lua. Export.lua works because "options" work.
You clearly have configured TX1-4 on the same joystick button. I would start by fixing that. VAICOM (or DCS) could very likely be confused by sending on all the radios at the same time. TX4 is also auto, so knows what is happening.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

No need to re-install, that will never change anything when it comes to VA nor VAICOM.
Usually there's an issue with settings/export.lua. Export.lua works because "options" work.
You clearly have configured TX1-4 on the same joystick button. I would start by fixing that. VAICOM (or DCS) could very likely be confused by sending on all the radios at the same time. TX4 is also auto, so knows what is happening. emoji4.png

That seemed to be it buddy. I now only mapped TX1 and it seems to work..Thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

By the way, this is the other problem I meant which I am having now. 2 issues, but one smaller issue. 

When saying stuff like "established" for the super carrier it says this...I think this is also the problem I had with " see you at ten" (I did purchase and activate the realistic atc extension):

10:13:09.170 Selected recipient is not a Supercarrier unit.
10:13:09.166 Recognized : 'established'
10:13:07.334 Listening resumed
10:13:07.328 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
10:13:06.929 Listening suspended
10:13:06.922 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
10:13:06.287 Selected recipient is not a Supercarrier unit.
10:13:06.283 Recognized : 'established'
10:13:02.085 Listening resumed

Another problem seems to be a bug, where I issue the command: Request NVG's. Chief responds with, rearming complete, but that's wrong. The weird thing is in VA the correct command seems to have been given. But only way I can get the NVG's is to use the radio menu. 

I hope to hear a good solution. Especially the super carrier comms is kinda broken for me right now. 

By the way, this is the other problem I meant which I am having now. 2 issues, but one smaller issue. 
When saying stuff like "established" for the super carrier it says this...I think this is also the problem I had with " see you at ten" (I did purchase and activate the realistic atc extension):
10:13:09.170 Selected recipient is not a Supercarrier unit.
10:13:09.166 Recognized : 'established'
10:13:07.334 Listening resumed
10:13:07.328 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'
10:13:06.929 Listening suspended
10:13:06.922 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
10:13:06.287 Selected recipient is not a Supercarrier unit.
10:13:06.283 Recognized : 'established'
10:13:02.085 Listening resumed

Another problem seems to be a bug, where I issue the command: Request NVG's. Chief responds with, rearming complete, but that's wrong. The weird thing is in VA the correct command seems to have been given. But only way I can get the NVG's is to use the radio menu. 
I hope to hear a good solution. Especially the super carrier comms is kinda broken for me right now. 

I have check the NVG thing, but for the SC I will assume that another ship is responding, as they are all on the same frequency. So make sure you use the name of the carrier when you issue the command.
Hope I'm correct.

Here is a wish for adding support for managing the co-pilot in the Apache when it comes out 🙂 

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

12 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I have check the NVG thing, but for the SC I will assume that another ship is responding, as they are all on the same frequency. So make sure you use the name of the carrier when you issue the command.
Hope I'm correct. emoji4.png

Hmmm I do select the super carrier beforehand and it seems to recognize the selection...I first say, Abraham Lincoln and then inbound. That works. then the menu pops up with my options. When I want to say the next thing in line, like established or see you at ten for case I. Then it says there is no super carrier or no participants selected. I really have to use the menu and then it works. But that's a problem ofcourse. Because even when I try to reselect abraham lincoln, the following messages don't work. 

I will try to fly some examples this evening and I will post the log here so you can see what I'm doing wrong. 

Edited by Ramtin