Ka-50 Article

"For comparison, the AH-64A Apache, the best foreign attack helicopter to date, is fitted with M-61Vulcan guns and an armored seat for pilot protection."

lol bullshit. The M-61 is the gun used on jet aircraft such as the F-18, F-16 and F-4 alike. Its the standard Jet Aircraft Gun. The AH-64 has the M230.

Never expected something else from a russian source lol..:lol:

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

LOL, not to mention that the Vulcan would chew any aircraft up at 6000 rounds per minute. I beleive you could sustain 1 hit (wich seem what they are probably using as a measurement) but where 1 bulet lands, hundreds others will. I dont think theres any armor on human made aircraft capable of enduring such punishment. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

:music_whistling:

Apache:

------

A 30mm automatic Boeing M230 chain gun is located under the fuselage. It provides a rate of fire of 625 rounds per minute. The helicopter has capacity for up to 1,200 rounds of ammunition.

I wouldn't be sitting around waiting to get hit by a 30mm round!

the cool thing is that the gun is linked to the gunners helmet..he can move it around with his head movement lol. looks that can kill.

Flip

Apache:

------

A 30mm automatic Boeing M230 chain gun is located under the fuselage. It provides a rate of fire of 625 rounds per minute. The helicopter has capacity for up to 1,200 rounds of ammunition.

I wouldn't be sitting around waiting to get hit by a 30mm round!

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

Oh ya, it's quite usefull i've heard.

think about it, it's like the helmit mounted site in the Su-27, 33 and th MiG-29.

And i agree, the "survivablity" of the Black Shark to enemy fire sounded a little exagerated. Still can't wait for the add on though.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Thanks for the info Colt!

There are new/nice informations for me in the article (i.E.):

- Moreover, the Ka-50's avionics ensure automatic flight and landing in case the pilot blacks out

- The pilot sits inside an all-armored cockpit, which cannot be pierced by the 12.7-mm Degtyaryov-Shpagin heavy machine-gun and the 20-mm M-61 Vulcan six-barreled Gatling-style gun at 100 meters

(wow, if this is right)

A question: What about the action movie Black Shark? Never heard from. Also can`t find it via google...

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

- Moreover, the Ka-50's avionics ensure automatic flight and landing in case the pilot blacks out

- The pilot sits inside an all-armored cockpit, which cannot be pierced by the 12.7-mm Degtyaryov-Shpagin heavy machine-gun and the 20-mm M-61 Vulcan six-barreled Gatling-style gun at 100 meters

(wow, if this is right)

A question: What about the action movie Black Shark? Never heard from. Also can`t find it via google...

you should be slapped for not reading the replies that were after the first post dude.

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

you should be slapped for not reading the replies that were after the first post dude.

Flip

Yeah ok, and you should be slapped for such an arrogant reply. :smilewink:

Ok, delete the second point. What about the first(automatic flight and landing)?

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

No, they don't (how will the pilot black out in a 3.5g rated aircraft, and how do the avionics know?)

(wow, if this is right).

No, it isn't. What they mean is that a 20mm HE round won't penetrate cockpit armor at 100m, but the vulcan's 20mm rounds aren't always HE, and if it hits the glass ... buhbye. It will also do a number on the engine pods and your rotors ain't immune either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

wasnt meant arrogant ;) Ist nur ein Tipp fürs nächste Mal!

Flip

Yeah ok, and you should be slapped for such an arrogant reply. :smilewink:

Ok, delete the second point. What about the first(automatic flight and landing)?

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

A little OT, but I justr read the Britisch Apache AH.1 (A-64D) helicopters got a field mod to enhance loiter capability through an extra fuel tank: this means the gun sports only 330 rounds instead of the original 1100.

Still useful, they claim. I would say about 1/3 as useful as the original load ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A little OT, but I justr read the Britisch Apache AH.1 (A-64D) helicopters got a field mod to enhance loiter capability through an extra fuel tank: this means the gun sports only 330 rounds instead of the original 1100.

Still useful, they claim. I would say about 1/3 as useful as the original load ;)

Meh. A gun's no use at all if you're in transit to or from the battlefield. I'd rather the helicopter was THERE with 330 rounds, than somewhere else with 1000.

Chances of them being needed to hang around are rather more than them being asked to kill something - especially if they use a different weapon to blow stuff up most of the time.

Never heard of this before, looks pretty cool; Ansat-2RC, at first I thought it was a military version of the EC120. :doh:

41204997.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's what I call a radar :P

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Maks2005/Helicopters/Ka31Helix1oClock.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Apache:

Apache could not even fly when brought into a Balkan theater in 1999. Two of them crashed during exercises. Those were the only US casualties among 22 000 sorties flown by all branches of USA military.

Apache could not fly and prove itself that it can do the job it was designed for.

Apache success in first Gulf War can be attributed to desert environment (maximum weapons range) and overwhelming numerical advantage coalition had (three dozens of countries were against one).

In my opinion, era of attack helicopters is over. Each country should have few of them for use against small terrorist groups. But that’s just about it.

Black Shark is not better then Apache. In my opinion, it does look better, and I can’t wait for BS release.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Maybe ... for those choppers that have to sit there in plain site and laz the tgt while the missile rides down it ;)

Apache could not even fly when brought into a Balkan theater in 1999. Two of them crashed during exercises. Those were the only US casualties among 22 000 sorties flown by all branches of USA military.

Apache could not fly and prove itself that it can do the job it was designed for.

Apache success in first Gulf War can be attributed to desert environment (maximum weapons range) and overwhelming numerical advantage coalition had (three dozens of countries were against one).

In my opinion, era of attack helicopters is over. Each country should have few of them for use against small terrorist groups. But that’s just about it.

Black Shark is not better then Apache. In my opinion, it does look better, and I can’t wait for BS release.

actually, the difficulty the apache had were more in the gulf war because it was designed for the european theater. There were many problems including the navigation systems of the apache that couldnt use landmarks in the desert and also the sand was giving its toll on the engines and airframe. The European theater is not a problem for the apache, its been flying more than 2 centuries in germany and we have alot of trees and wet weather, why they crashed in the balkans is a mystery to me sounds more like that propaganda stuff. Saw this site the other day of some guy from that area where it stated that a b-2 got shot down and several german tornados LMAO!!

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

Reading betweein =4c= Hajduk Veljko's lines, I think he was trying to say:

That the US Apache is no good, due to the transmission problems they had in 1999 and the lack of pilot training in the mountains and therefore, in fact, no combat helo is any good. :helpsmilie:

actually, the difficulty the apache had were more in the gulf war because it was designed for the european theater. There were many problems including the navigation systems of the apache that couldnt use landmarks in the desert and also the sand was giving its toll on the engines and airframe. The European theater is not a problem for the apache, its been flying more than 2 centuries in germany and we have alot of trees and wet weather, why they crashed in the balkans is a mystery to me sounds more like that propaganda stuff. Saw this site the other day of some guy from that area where it stated that a b-2 got shot down and several german tornados LMAO!!

Flip

Actually I think at that point they had been training for GW too much, instead of a balkan scenario.

Either way the Ah-64 has participated in /many/ other /very/ successful operations ... it has a good record. There have been botched ops too, but what can ya do eh?

It's like saying the Hind sucks because it didn't win the Afgan war.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

oh shit lol whoops (looks at himself with big distrust: " man..you gotta check your vocabulary..seriously...man...thats just bad!") ok i slapped myself! Sorry! I meant decades!

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

Reading betweein =4c= Hajduk Veljko's lines, I think he was trying to say:

That the US Apache is no good, due to the transmission problems they had in 1999 and the lack of pilot training in the mountains and therefore, in fact, no combat helo is any good. :helpsmilie:

You read whatever you want. I never said Apache or other combat helicopters are “not good”.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit