FLIR & NVG to dark & not N/A capable.

CoBlue

Hi Zeus,

Thanks for the intel. I hope ED and you could find a solution to bring back the Harrier to Night Ops.

All my support.

Loïc

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E, i7-7820X, DDR4-64 Go (2660 MHz), 2 x TITAN Xp (SLI), SSD M-2 960 EVO 1 To, Win10 Pro 64

Zeus thanks for repl but like you said nvgs are not a magic bullet. I think the flir can tuned better once we can change gain levels if that's even a thing on the harrier. Either way I think folks need to get use to the new realism factor.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It’s not realism. 2 things:

1. The Navflir does not work as intended for some of us on VR with DS on. I use a FLIR on a regular basis in my job so I know what they are supposed to look like. Unfortunately, DS is causing some problem with it, the contrast of the display is non-existent and you cannot use it for terrain following, as it is intended.

2. The NVG don’t give you the circlular view, which would be more realistic. I have hundreds of hours flying helicopters on NVG, and not being able to read the cockpit through NVG is correctly modeled - NVG are focussed to see clearly outside 6-10 feet only. To compensate, we regularly look under the NVG with our eyes to read instruments. We can’t do that right now in VR. It’s actually really weird for me, because with the VR headset on I regularly tilt my head back to look under the goggles with my eyes and wonder why I can’t see the instruments, lol!

I think the ability to adjust brightness and contrast should help too. Here’s hoping you guys and ED can find a fix!

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

It’s not realism. 2 things:

1. The Navflir does not work as intended for some of us on VR with DS on. I use a FLIR on a regular basis in my job so I know what they are supposed to look like. Unfortunately, DS is causing some problem with it, the contrast of the display is non-existent and you cannot use it for terrain following, as it is intended.

2. The NVG don’t give you the circlular view, which would be more realistic. I have hundreds of hours flying helicopters on NVG, and not being able to read the cockpit through NVG is correctly modeled - NVG are focussed to see clearly outside 6-10 feet only. To compensate, we regularly look under the NVG with our eyes to read instruments. We can’t do that right now in VR. It’s actually really weird for me, because with the VR headset on I regularly tilt my head back to look under the goggles with my eyes and wonder why I can’t see the instruments, lol!

I think the ability to adjust brightness and contrast should help too. Here’s hoping you guys and ED can find a fix!

Good for you I know what they look like from my job too Yay yes its a deferred shader problem hence it's fine with it off I. Regards to visibility

Yes

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Good for you I know what they look like from my job too Yay yes its a deferred shader problem hence it's fine with it off I. Regards to visibility

Yes

Yah sorry, little grumpy today.

Just seem to see a lot of people on here claim something that doesn’t work properly is “just realistic”, when they don’t have experience using the real thing. That’s probably not what you meant to say anyway, just read it that way.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Same thing here, FLIR is completely unusable with DS on, and messing with gamma only goes so far and ruins everything else. I just bought it, so I'm moderately bummed out that I can't actually do night attack.

Maybe adjusting the contrast on the HUD display would work? Right now it's just like looking through a camera film.

While waiting for an improve of the inbuilt Harrier FLIR image you can use the TPOD FLIR. The image is very good.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 4 months later...

FLIR doesn't use moonlight, that's Night Vision.

I've just noticed this issue on a recent playthrough of a mission I built a while ago for night attack...the NAVFLIR feature is broken now.

It's like the ground isn't producing any infrared heat at all...zero. That is the opposite of realism. The NAVFLIR HUD image is not showing up properly...FLIR on the MPCD isn't as bad...but also not as good as before.

ED says this may be tweaked in the future...I hope so.