Photoshop manipulation of Screenshots.

urze

I hope the video will help that we see more screens like this:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=21380

dad31c7d.jpg

Full

Edit:Be aware that there is no voice-over and i use a German layout of Photoshop , but it is really basic and self explaining and you can easily identify the tools I'm using by looking at the toolbar.

The filter that i used is "Filter- Gaussian Blur".For colorsettings i used "Image- Adjust- Levels" and

"Image- Adjust- Hue/Saturation"

And if you are still confused you can find a German-English translation of Photoshop here: http://www.oweiss.com/articles/photoshop-glossary.htm#Men%FC%20File%20/%20Datei

Edit:

could you just write a short tutorial?

There are four steps.

1. Separate the Different fields of depth from each other, in this example its the interior of the cockpit and the outer environment.

I used the "zaubstab.gifMagic Wand/Zauberstab" (play with the values of it to get the best results) and the "lass-polygon.gifPolygon Lasso/Polyagon-Lasso" for this task (press "shift" to grow your selection and "alt" to reduce it, while you are using the tools).

Place separate regions on different layers by copy and paste.

2. Use the Filter "Gaussian Blur/Gauscher Weichzeichner" on the first layer/inner environment to simulate a focus outside the cockpit.

Add missing regions at the second layer/outer environment with the "stempl.gifClone Stamp/Kopierstempel".

3. Use the "wischfin.gifSmudge/Wischfinger" and "weichzei.gifBlur/Weichzeichner" to remove sharpness from the more distance parts of the background and reflections of the canopy.

4. Change the color settings. Therefor go to menu "Image-> Adjust-> Levels/Bild-> Einstellen-> Tonwertkorektur" and also rise the saturation "Image> Adjust-> Hue/Saturation / Bild-> Einstellen-> Farbton/Saettigung".

• Like 1

could you just write a short tutorial?

OK! Here you go:

There are four steps.

1. Separate the Different fields of depth from each other, in this example its the interior of the cockpit and the outer environment.

I used the "zaubstab.gifMagic Wand/Zauberstab" (play with the values of it to get the best results) and the "lass-polygon.gifPolygon Lasso/Polyagon-Lasso" for this task (press "shift" to grow your selection and "alt" to reduce it, while you are using the tools).

Place separate regions on different layers by copy and paste.

2. Use the Filter "Gaussian Blur/Gauscher Weichzeichner" on the first layer/inner environment to simulate a focus outside the cockpit.

Add missing regions at the second layer/outer environment with the "stempl.gifClone Stamp/Kopierstempel".

3. Use the "wischfin.gifSmudge/Wischfinger" and "weichzei.gifBlur/Weichzeichner" to remove sharpness from the more distance parts of the background and reflections of the canopy.

4. Change the color settings. Therefor go to menu "Image-> Adjust-> Levels/Bild-> Einstellen-> Tonwertkorektur" and also rise the saturation "Image> Adjust-> Hue/Saturation/Bild-> Einstellen-> Farbton/Saettigung".

Now you owe me a rep-point, warthogmadman987!:smilewink:

• Like 1

Nice. Rep inbound.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks urze..

I've been looking for something like this for a while...

S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Was joy riding in a low canyon when a vulcan decided to chew my nose off

And a slightly more artistic version :)

1280 x 1024 rec version

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8034/dustypaybackll9.jpg

Your link to the 1280x1024 version doesn't work, or goes to the wrong page. I think you c/p'ed the wrong one. (Looking for the high res version of your first shot.)

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Good Pic Kifaru - The phrase "EJECT EJECT EJECT" springs to mind....:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ok, here's mine.

I hope to have more comming...

EDIT: oops, I cant upload as an attachment because it's already here: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=12904&page=27

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Cool.

I have a similar one:

My Usual Circumstances

Another

and another.

Wow these are getting easy. (both the photoshop menipulation and this stunt.)

very nice shots kifaru. Love the cinematic angles. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Second Photoshop tutorial

Enhancing the environment and adding heat blur.

Download

This tutorial takes 32 minutes.

Be aware that there is no voice-over and i used a German layout of Photoshop , but it is really basic and self explaining and you can easily identify the tools I'm using by looking at the toolbar. So you can turn on any music you like :) .

th_A-10heatblurtutorial.jpg

Orginal Screen

Photoshoped

There are four steps:

1.Enhancing the environment

Add clouds with the abdunklr.gif Burn/Nachbelichter and edit it with the weichzei.gif Blur/Weichzeichner and the wischfin.gif Smudge/Wischfinger.

Edit The background (trees and buildings).

Select them and edit the color with Hue-Saturation/Farbton-Sдttigung and Levels/Tonwertkorrektur and also with the abdunklr.gifBurn/Nachbelichter.

2.Enhancing the grass

First select all areas and give a simple structure to it with Filter> Texture/Strukturierungsfilter> Texturizer/Mit Struktur versehen.

If you are ready, use the Filter> Blur/Weichzeichnungsfilter>

Motion Blur/Bewegungsunschдrfe (only a little to 90 degrees).

3.Adding heat blur

First select regions that are not affected by the heat blur (the cockpit of the A-10 in the front) and place them on a second layer with copy and paste. Go back to the layer you want to modify. Select areas that would probably be affected by the heat of the engines.

(I often use the menue Select/Auswahl> Feather/Weiche Auswahlkante. So I don't have to rework the borders so much.)

Than use Filter> Distort/Verzerrungsfilter> OceanRipple/Ozeanwellen.

Adjust the values to your needs.

Finish it with your 'good friends' weichzei.gif Blur/Weichzeichner and wischfin.gif Smudge/Wischfinger.

Unite both layers into one.

4.Light and finish

I used Render/Renderingfilter> Lightning Effects/Beleuchtungseffekte> Soft spot/Weicher Strahler.

Adjust the color with Adjust> Levels/Tonwertkorrektur and/or Adjust> Hue-Saturation/Farbton-Sдttigung. Add blur where it is needed with your 'good ol' friend'.weichzei.gif Blur/Weichzeichner again.

As a last step I added some graining to get away from a clean look with Filter> Noise/Stцrungsfilter.

There are many ways to Rome, everyone has his own techniques and likings , this shows just mine.

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and I'm interested in your results!

Please, share them with me.

Wow, I'm begining to realize how usefull and fun photoshop really is! :D